Issues with Animations and Defeat mod

NotAFakeName1

So, I'm new to modding and have encountered some issues.  As a preface, I use modorganizer in a separated folder from the skyrim data.  I'd prefer to keep it that way, but if I need to be more manual, I can still use modorganizer and have those more manually installed mods work right?

So, the sex animations don't work.  Either characters stare at each other awkwardly while moaning, or they end up with their character models overlaid.  The overlay effect seems to happen during such animations as blowjobs and kissing.  Based on the experiences of others and the fact the problem is the exact same on a nonsexlab mod, I believe I have a problem with fnis.  In the sexlab mcm, under the rebuild and clean tab, it shows a question mark next to "fnis for users behaviours generated", "fnis sexlab framework idles", and "fnis sexlab creature idles".  Anyway, I had a screenshot of the menu in question, but loverslab won't let me upload it.  So, I've tried reinstalling, doing a manual install, etc, nothing seems to be working for me.

As for Defeat, one of two things will happen.  It won't appear in the MCM at all, or it will be impossible to enable in the MCM, delivering a "this mod is installing" message.  I've tried reinstalling, I've tried disabling it, saving it, and reenabling it.  Nothing works.

In any event, help would be greatly appreciated.

post-1101873-0-93294700-1455560884_thumb.jpg

post-1101873-0-61015400-1455561070_thumb.jpg

post-1101873-0-21962200-1455561104_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you didn't run FNIS (via MO). You need to configure FNIS for USERS just like you should already have done for SKSE and run it. You need to run that everytime you install or uninstall any mods with animations. FNIS (and SKSE) has to be installed out of MO first, there are several guides and tutorials avaivable how to do it. 

Sounds like you didn't run FNIS (via MO). You need to configure FNIS for USERS just like you should already have done for SKSE and run it. You need to run that everytime you install or uninstall any mods with animations. FNIS (and SKSE) has to be installed out of MO first, there are several guides and tutorials avaivable how to do it. 

Ah yes, SKSE.  Before I started using MO i was using the workshop at steam, but then found that it was better to use MO for nexus mods.  When I downloaded SKSE it was through Steam and it's in my library (for some reason) with the files distributed around my computer.  I'm not sure if this version is significantly different than a normally downloaded and configured one.  Also, I might have messed up on the loading fnis for every new mod, is there a way to fix it retroactively or do i have to redownload every mod that uses an animation?

Ah yes, SKSE.  Before I started using MO i was using the workshop at steam, but then found that it was better to use MO for nexus mods.  When I downloaded SKSE it was through Steam and it's in my library (for some reason) with the files distributed around my computer.  I'm not sure if this version is significantly different than a normally downloaded and configured one.  Also, I might have messed up on the loading fnis for every new mod, is there a way to fix it retroactively or do i have to redownload every mod that uses an animation?

Important point is that you run FNIS IN MO and that you start skyrim via SKSE from MO as well. There are some tutorials how to configure MO to do that. Then it doesn't matter, with MO you can forget to run FNIS as often as you like and it'll work after you've done it ;)

Archived