[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

It's funny watching people to accuse me of "spinning things" which have not been anything different from the beginning.

The words, meanings and everything else is "spinned" in the same direction as before.

Pointing out that something that has been brought up as a "fail" wasn't relevant to begin with is not spinning. Not by a long shot.

There is no difference between what I said regarding needing a specific government type, outside of that I was wrong that tribal wasn't an option (mainly because when I play as tribal I'm running around as a chieftain).

You can start in one type of government and move to another in several cases.

Just like you can start at a level below a King or Emperor and rise to one of those levels.

Just like you can start with one of the religions that don't permit a Court Jester, yet you can move to one of them.

Having only 1 or 2 of the requirements (government type, title level, or religion) won't allow for the Court Jester title, you need all three to be relevant.

Your trying to say that the requirements set by the code aren't relevant, is definitely spin. Or I suppose we could go with the current hot topic of 'alternative facts.'

I've already acknowledged that I was wrong, you're the only one who's holding out and still insisting you're right. It's like you've some kind of deep seeded fear that you're less of a person if you admit that you're wrong. For what it's worth, I certainly wouldn't think any less of you than I already do.

Read up the posting.

The possibilty of obtaining a court jester is not tied to government system but minimal title tier.

When someone is King or Emperor s/he can employ a Court Jester whether s/he is "only" a tribal King or a feudal one.

Christians, Jews, Pagans and Indians are eligible religions. So muslims have no Court Jester.

I am at my second Harley as tribal Queen of Ireland.

Dew should check his factchecking skills from time to time ;)

At which point exactly did I say anything about the requirements of the code do not matter?

You seem surperior in finding these things, please tell me.

Was it my mentioning that it is not tied to government but to minimal title tier?

Was it my mentioning that it did not matter whether the "King" title is a tribal or a feudal one?

Was it my mentioning that christians, jews, pagans and indian religions are eligible?

Or are you referring at the point that when something is not mentioned in the code it does not matter?

Are you of the believe Merchant Republics, Nomadic Tribes and Theocraties have a court and only my "NO!" prevents those from having a court jester?

The new update will be going live here in the next 15-20 minutes.

Change log for it below:

v1.54 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Fixed an issue where a futa could get multiple dick traits upon adulthood
    - Fixed an issue with Jessica potentially spawning as a man
    - Initial stages of work on the 'Spend Time With...' targetted_decisions
    - Added a targetted_decision on a character with the trap trait that doesn't have a custom portrait, which will randomly assign a trap custom portraits
    - Added a targetted_decision on characters with custom portraits, which will allow you the option to remove the portrait. Meant to work not only with that above - but for folks who've expressed interest in removing other custom portraits - so for example a 60 year old NPC that isn't immortal doesn't always look 20 something.

Just downloaded your mod, but none of the custom portraits are working? Could just be a small mishap on my part.. But it's all vanilla portraits, thank you!

Do you have all the portrait DLC's including the free one from the Paradox website?

Also, some mods that change portraits also tend to conflict. Though not all.

Just downloaded your mod, but none of the custom portraits are working? Could just be a small mishap on my part.. But it's all vanilla portraits, thank you!

Do you have all the portrait DLC's including the free one from the Paradox website?

Also, some mods that change portraits also tend to conflict. Though not all.

The custom portraits are now DLC independent. You don't need any of them.

What you do need though is to make certain CK2 is at least 2.7.x, as it's the static_portrait functionality that is now leveraged.

Now, it's possible that I accidentally removed a row when I was packing things, as I remove my working image files as that about doubles the file size. But all of them shouldn't be impacted if I did that, and when I just ran it and checked things out, they're showing up on my end.

How difficult would it be to introduce a system whereby random characters with culturally-appropriate supernatural racial traits turned up in those cultures -- e.g. Fae (Celtic), Jotun (Northern Germanic), Djinn (Arabic, and possibly Jewish and/or Persian), Rakshasa (Indian), etc?

This would add ongoing (as opposed to a single episode of) color and an element of cultural authenticity and role-playing to the mod.

More difficult than I'm willing to undertake, especially since you're listing a bunch of racial traits that aren't part of my mod, and aren't likely to be added since I don't even have relevant content for all the ones that are in it.

Where does the classic monsters content lie on your priorities?

I remember a specific event chain involving hearing about werewolves, investigating them, hunting them down etc in the old dark world.

All that I can say right now is I'm focused on finishing up the work I intended on the Spend Time With and Bordello related events. After that, it'll likely be a stab at a secret society or two.

One of the societies I'm thinking about is vampire related, but we'll see.

A question, is it possible to create a trait like "bisexual", that would allowed to seduce anyone without being succubus and maybe even include options for this trait in game rules? Also, i suppose there will be more varieties for futaxfuta in "spend some time with"?

Regarding the trait - it is of course possible. That said, it isn't something that I'll be incorporating into the mod.

Regarding the more variety in 'Spend Time With' - when what I'm working on with it is done, there will definitely be more variety across the board.

Thank you for you answers, but there also one thing i wanted to ask (or should i say suggest). Considering seduction system, mby it would be better to use the way game of thrones mod it uses (like you can try to seduce whatever you want, despite of the having or not having "homosexual" trait). Ofc if this is not the option, well console is still there. :shy:

A question, is it possible to create a trait like "bisexual", that would allowed to seduce anyone without being succubus and maybe even include options for this trait in game rules? Also, i suppose there will be more varieties for futaxfuta in "spend some time with"?

Regarding the trait - it is of course possible. That said, it isn't something that I'll be incorporating into the mod.

Regarding the more variety in 'Spend Time With' - when what I'm working on with it is done, there will definitely be more variety across the board.

Thank you for you answers, but there also one thing i wanted to ask (or should i say suggest). Considering seduction system, mby it would be better to use the way game of thrones mod it uses (like you can try to seduce whatever you want, despite of the having or not having "homosexual" trait). Ofc if this is not the option, well console is still there. :shy:

I'm not going to add any seduction options (at least I don't plan on it), outside of the Children of Lilith power that you can obtain as a Succubus or Incubus.

Have you tried using it? I don't play as an Incubus, yet as a Succubus, I've been able to seduce either males or females.

I'm not going to add any seduction options (at least I don't plan on it), outside of the Children of Lilith power that you can obtain as a Succubus or Incubus.

Have you tried using it? I don't play as an Incubus, yet as a Succubus, I've been able to seduce either males or females.

Yeah, and it works for as as long as you play succubus, but in case you playing non Lilith child, it remains vanilla way, which is force you to use console un order to get needed chars as you lovers, especially if you play as female ruler.

snip

Yeah, and it works for as as long as you play succubus, but in case you playing non Lilith child, it remains vanilla way, which is force you to use console un order to get needed chars as you lovers, especially if you play as female ruler.

There are plenty of mini-mods on steam that you can download and are fully compatible with Dark World. Gutenmod comes to mind.

List of bugs, i encountered in last version:

1)Shantae the dancer event repeats after you took her to the court. This could lead to multiple Shantae at the court.
2)Glitch with bordel event widow after you choose who will pleasure you (text on image)

3)only one options "spend some time with..." works for futaxfemale(footjob). 

List of bug, i encountered in last version:

1)Shantae the dancer event repeats after you took her to the court. This could lead to multiple Shantae at the court.

2)Glitch with bordel event widow after you choose who will pleasure you (text on image)

1. I believe I used the NOR poorly. I should be able to correct that easy enough.

2. I'm not certain what you're talking about, especially since I didn't alter anything regarding the event where you choose who'll pleasure you.

3. Regarding #3, I found where I had it set to trigger wrong. The new event was trying to trigger for a futa with another futa, instead of a futa with a female.

So 1 and 3 will be corrected in the next release.  Thanks for bringing them up.

1. I believe I used the NOR poorly. I should be able to correct that easy enough.

2. I'm not certain what you're talking about, especially since I didn't alter anything regarding the event where you choose who'll pleasure you.

3. Regarding #3, I found where I had it set to trigger wrong. The new event was trying to trigger for a futa with another futa, instead of a futa with a female.

Srry english not native language of mine. What i meant is, that image covers whole event window (the one where you choose who will pleasure you, common whore or  npc).

Srry english not native language of mine. What i meant is, that image covers whole event window (the one where you choose who will pleasure you, common whore or  npc).

Ah, I should be able to find the image then. Sounds like I just didn't crop it properly before packaging. I appreciate the clarification.

Ah, I should be able to find the image then. Sounds like I just didn't crop it properly before packaging. I appreciate the clarification.

Ah, the issue isn't a bad image crop - it's the event itself is using the smaller window. So, different change than I thought, but still one that's easy enough to correct, thank you for bringing it up.

Just a heads-up, I've family coming in this evening who are staying through the weekend, so it unlikely that I'll get an update out prior to the following weekend (July 8thish).

Outside of a trio of fixes that I mentioned above, it'll have updates to the Brothel and the Spend Time With. The Brothel updates will take into account if you get the Bordello Improvement event chain and some of the options you can make (such as establishing a Glory Hole or Mystery Room), will then become usable afterwards in visits.

I'll also be adding a few more event options in the Spend Time With.

Trying to cover a fair variety isn't easy, but I'm seeing what I can do. Male/male content doesn't align with my interests, but there will be some in the update as well, since I know a couple folks expressed an interest in seeing more of it.

I might even squeeze another thing or two in, as I've had a number of ideas churning lately.

Thinking of the bordello event, when I tried it out I ran into issues with autopurges.  Jessica didn't even last long enough for me to have completed all the options for that step of the bordello improvement, while Tiana, Pharah and the other whore I hired were all gone after a year.  In some ways you are better off not taking the options that add characters to your court, because they probably won't live very long and you will have spent gold for nothing.

Thinking of the bordello event, when I tried it out I ran into issues with autopurges.  Jessica didn't even last long enough for me to have completed all the options for that step of the bordello improvement, while Tiana, Pharah and the other whore I hired were all gone after a year.  In some ways you are better off not taking the options that add characters to your court, because they probably won't live very long and you will have spent gold for nothing.

This is very true. The Bordello Improvement event has a chance to happen again for a subsequent player ruler, so there isn't a need to take everyone at once if you've already quite the robust court.

There is a core file that I believe can be edited, where you can fine tune the character threshold for a court.

I usually have a pretty stable court size, until some country gets tossed by someone other than me and then I get a bunch of undesired refugees.

Hrm, I might have to do something about that.

game does not pruning if HP is above 7

also minimal age is 40 (idk,game tend to not give a shit about that one tho) it's all in defines.lua

in 2.6 there were a change for "characters of interests"

• Characters who are marked as special interest by the player, or immune to pruning are no longer killed by the court cleanser

but alas,game doesnt give a flying fuck either,so it all about HP

is it me,or Hermione constantly casting Purity spell on me ?

i get chaste and then few years later celibate CONSTANTLY,it's annoying asf.