[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

v1.53 (Dark World Reborn)

- Includes the custom portraits used by Dark World Mercenary Commander for compatibility/sanity (note: DW:Reborn doesn't directly use these, you'll need Mr. Treason's DW:Mercenary Commander mod to see them).

Thank you for that!  Makes things easier on both of us.

I believe there's a bug causing children of futa to sometimes have 2 dicks.

In the add_cock function, if the mother is a futa, add tiny dick will roll, then add small dick will roll, then add average dick will roll, etc. This can lead to 2 dicks.

Should be fixable by making all dick traots into opposites of eavh other. That way, ehen each is qdded, the present opposites will be automatically removed.

Jus Primae Noctis isn't working for me. Can someone try to fix it? I can pop up the event by console but it doesn't trigger on marriages.

I am trying to fix this for 1 week, i tried many things but the problem here is i am not a good modder. I am trying to get better, could anyone help me to achieve this?

That is a question about content amount.

Neko, Kitsune, Tentacle Kin, Angel, Orc, Elf and Vampires exist as trait. There are absolutely no additional features for them in the game yet.

Only Succubus/Incubus and Werewolf have some events and of these two Werewolf is kinda lackluster.

Neko, Kitsune, Tentacle Kin, Angel, Orc, Elf and Vampires exist as trait. There are absolutely no additional features for them in the game yet.

Only Succubus/Incubus and Werewolf have some events and of these two Werewolf is kinda lackluster.

Oh ok...thanks.

Good job on the mod though, pretty fun to play as werewolf

Hope to see improvements os vampires ^^

Tentacle Kin have a feature or two that was added a few updates ago. Nothing major, just the ability to consume minds of their foes.

Found an error in the Bordello improvement event chain .. Jessica  spawns as a man with tits. This is due to missing code for creation of character "Women = yes"

Doh! I can't believe I didn't notice that when I tested it out. I'll get this fixed in the next update.

Jus Primae Noctis isn't working for me. Can someone try to fix it? I can pop up the event by console but it doesn't trigger on marriages.

I am trying to fix this for 1 week, i tried many things but the problem here is i am not a good modder. I am trying to get better, could anyone help me to achieve this?

It worked when I tried it last. Just to be certain - you're not playing as a female ruler are you? It's a male only (although it might work for a futa if I recall properly) type event.

I believe there's a bug causing children of futa to sometimes have 2 dicks.

In the add_cock function, if the mother is a futa, add tiny dick will roll, then add small dick will roll, then add average dick will roll, etc. This can lead to 2 dicks.

I'll take a look and get it fixed.

I should have an updated released this weekend. I wasn't planning on it originally, but I want to take care of the pair of errors that were raised recently.

Here's the present change log for it:

v1.54 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Fixed an issue where a futa could get multiple dick traits upon adulthood
    - Fixed an issue with Jessica potentially spawning as a man
    - Initial stages of work on the 'Spend Time With...' targetted_decisions

Regarding the changes to the 'Spend Time With...', special NPC's will no longer have their own targetted_decision. They'll still have unique events, but those will be mixed in with the normal events.

For example - if you've got Belle as a lover, and you're a guy. When you spend time with her, you'll pull from a random selection of both generic male on female events and Belle specific male on female events, with the Belle events being about five times more likely to trigger. So that way it'll mix up the variety some and all of the Spend Time with events are being moved to their own location.

I'll be adding in more events and updating the existing ones - but right now there's only one new and a couple updated events with this release (since it's coming out early).

A question, is it possible to create a trait like "bisexual", that would allowed to seduce anyone without being succubus and maybe even include options for this trait in game rules? Also, i suppose there will be more varieties for futaxfuta in "spend some time with"?

A question, is it possible to create a trait like "bisexual", that would allowed to seduce anyone without being succubus and maybe even include options for this trait in game rules? Also, i suppose there will be more varieties for futaxfuta in "spend some time with"?

Regarding the trait - it is of course possible. That said, it isn't something that I'll be incorporating into the mod.

Regarding the more variety in 'Spend Time With' - when what I'm working on with it is done, there will definitely be more variety across the board.

What ever happend to Harley. Kinda miss her :P

You need to obtain a governing style that allows for the Court Jester position to exist. So playing as something like nomads or tribal will not allow the chance to obtain Harley.

What ever happend to Harley. Kinda miss her :P

You need to obtain a governing style that allows for the Court Jester position to exist. So playing as something like nomads or tribal will not allow the chance to obtain Harley.

Rofl Well that Sucks. I am always Tribal :( oh well 

The possibilty of obtaining a court jester is not tied to government system but minimal title tier.

When someone is King or Emperor s/he can employ a Court Jester whether s/he is "only" a tribal King or a feudal one.

Christians, Jews, Pagans and Indians are eligible religions. So muslims have no Court Jester.

I am at my second Harley as tribal Queen of Ireland.

Dew should check his factchecking skills from time to time ;)

The possibilty of obtaining a court jester is not tied to government system but minimal title tier.

When someone is King or Emperor s/he can employ a Court Jester whether s/he is "only" a tribal King or a feudal one.

Christians, Jews, Pagans and Indians are eligible religions. So muslims have no Court Jester.

I am at my second Harley as tribal Queen of Ireland.

Dew should check his factchecking skills from time to time ;)

Looks like you need to work on your fact checking skills as well.

We're both wrong if you take a quick look at the code, as it checks government system AND title tier, as well as religion (which I didn't even consider in the past).

OR = {
			is_feudal = yes
			is_tribal = yes
		}
		primary_title = {
			OR = {
				tier = king
				tier = emperor
			}
		}
		OR = {
			religion_group = christian
			religion_group = jewish_group
			religion_group = pagan_group
			religion_group = indian_group
		}

Take a quick look at the code if you like.

And after you done that take a closer look at what I wrote. And more importantly read and understand it, quoting alone isn't enough.

You'd be able to see I told the very same you "corrected" my posting to.

Please refrain from shoving your mistakes onto other people.

How difficult would it be to introduce a system whereby random characters with culturally-appropriate supernatural racial traits turned up in those cultures -- e.g. Fae (Celtic), Jotun (Northern Germanic), Djinn (Arabic, and possibly Jewish and/or Persian), Rakshasa (Indian), etc?

This would add ongoing (as opposed to a single episode of) color and an element of cultural authenticity and role-playing to the mod.

Take a quick look at the code if you like.

And after you done that take a closer look at what I wrote. And more importantly read and understand it, quoting alone isn't enough.

You'd be able to see I told the very same you "corrected" my posting to.

Please refrain from shoving your mistakes onto other people.

Maybe you need to reread what you wrote.  You said that the "possibilty of obtaining a court jester is not tied to government system", but as Dew pointed out, it is.  Nomads and merchant republics (and technically theocracies, if they were playable) cannot have court jesters simply based on their government system.  Iqta Muslims, of course, are out on two counts: religion and goverment.  Maybe you were only thinking about tribal vs feudal when you were posting, but as there are more government types not eligible for court jesters than goverment types that are, the government type is still relevant to a general discussion.

For Court Jesters only Feudal and Tribal Governments are even THINKABLE. These are the governments of the eligable religions which have a court.

My history knowledge might be a bit rusty but tell us which theocracy, republic or nomadic tribe has employed a court jester in the last ~1500 years.

Your 'relevance to a general discussion' is not relevant at all. 

My bad I assumed some persons to be able of thinking in .. let's say straight lines.

And by the way, only quoting the part of a text on which you have an (assumed) argument is not only unwise but bold.

For Court Jesters only Feudal and Tribal Governments are even THINKABLE. These are the governments of the eligable religions which have a court.

My history knowledge might be a bit rusty but tell us which theocracy, republic or nomadic tribe has employed a court jester in the last ~1500 years.

Your 'relevance to a general discussion' is not relevant at all. 

My bad I assumed some persons to be able of thinking in .. let's say straight lines.

And by the way, only quoting the part of a text on which you have an (assumed) argument is not only unwise but bold.

It's funny watching how you spin things sometimes. You just can't admit when you're wrong and you really like to try to demean others. Kudos to you. You've won the Internet!

It's funny watching people to accuse me of "spinning things" which have not been anything different from the beginning.

The words, meanings and everything else is "spinned" in the same direction as before.

Pointing out that something that has been brought up as a "fail" wasn't relevant to begin with is not spinning. Not by a long shot.