Mod Organizer: Fnis and other patchers in different profiles

Hi guys, as the title says i would like to know if there is a way to avoid running fnis every time i choose to use a different profile. I tryed creating a different fnis folder output for each profile but when i access the other profile, only the animations of that other profile are avaible. 

On a side note what should I do with pachers like bashed patch and dual sheat redux? Wll running them and storing them in a mod folder for each profile be enough?

I'm really confused about this and i would really like some help. Thanks in advance

Are you following the mod organizer instructions to create a mod out of the  files in the Overwrite folder?  FNIS writes it's output to the Overwrite folder, then you are supposed to right click on the OW folder and select 'Create Mod'.  Then you only activate that mod in the profile you want it activated in.  Suggestion - when you create the mod out of the OW folder name it the same as the profile name.

Are you following the mod organizer instructions to create a mod out of the  files in the Overwrite folder?  FNIS writes it's output to the Overwrite folder, then you are supposed to right click on the OW folder and select 'Create Mod'.  Then you only activate that mod in the profile you want it activated in.  Suggestion - when you create the mod out of the OW folder name it the same as the profile name.

Thanks for the answer. Yes I did create the mod folder by right clicking the overwrite folder for each profile, but for some reason the 2nd profile only has the animations of the 1st profile

Thanks for the answer. Yes I did create the mod folder by right clicking the overwrite folder for each profile, but for some reason the 2nd profile only has the animations of the 1st profile

Is this creature or humanoid animations?  Reason I ask is someone here mentioned something about how FNIS handles creature animations they don't go into the Overwrite folder, so the creature animations ended up in applying across all profiles.  Think it was a discussion between Elf Prince and some others, but not 100% and my search-fu failed turn it up (could have been on the revamped LL site and got lost in the revert...)  I don't have more than 1 active profile at a time, so I can't really help beyond this.  Hopefully another person can guide you to the fix...

Are you following the mod organizer instructions to create a mod out of the files in the Overwrite folder? FNIS writes it's output to the Overwrite folder, then you are supposed to right click on the OW folder and select 'Create Mod'. Then you only activate that mod in the profile you want it activated in. Suggestion - when you create the mod out of the OW folder name it the same as the profile name.

Is this creature or humanoid animations? Reason I ask is someone here mentioned something about how FNIS handles creature animations they don't go into the Overwrite folder, so the creature animations ended up in applying across all profiles. Think it was a discussion between Elf Prince and some others, but not 100% and my search-fu failed turn it up (could have been on the revamped LL site and got lost in the revert...) I don't have more than 1 active profile at a time, so I can't really help beyond this. Hopefully another person can guide you to the fix...
Unfortunately not, i'm not using creature animations. I just have the required animations and mods to run cursed loot. Animations from sexlab, devious devices and zaz don't start but the ones i have from the other profile like pcea2 work as intended.

A way to do it would be to create a brand new and fresh run of the FNIS patch for each profile, ie, make sure any folder with FNIS patched files already made are deactivated in the new profile, run FNIS, create mod out of it's output, name it, and so on.

A way to do it would be to create a brand new and fresh run of the FNIS patch for each profile, ie, make sure any folder with FNIS patched files already made are deactivated in the new profile, run FNIS, create mod out of it's output, name it, and so on.

That makes sense, it that the only way? Also does it require to reinstall fnis too other than creating a new shortcut in MO?

No new shortcut necessary and no need to reinstall FNIS. Just run the patcher fresh.

I've never had to do this myself, and I use loads of profiles  - but then I don't often change whole animation load outs, I just add the odd individual file here and there. My FNIS output folder is always just an ongoing output file, I just refresh it when I change profile. 

The creature pack's no different really. As long as you're doing a virgin FNIS patch and subsequent mod creation. That's how it's always worked for me anyway.

edit: I don't use PCEA2 mind you, i've never got it to work right. Because I don't know how it works, I can't say whether it's the reason for your woes. Have you tried doing things without it, just to rule out some black magic?

No new shortcut necessary and no need to reinstall FNIS. Just run the patcher fresh.

I've never had to do this myself, and I use loads of profiles  - but then I don't often change whole animation load outs, I just add the odd individual file here and there. My FNIS output folder is always just an ongoing output file, I just refresh it when I change profile. 

The creature pack's no different really. As long as you're doing a virgin FNIS patch and subsequent mod creation. That's how it's always worked for me anyway.

edit: I don't use PCEA2 mind you, i've never got it to work right. Because I don't know how it works, I can't say whether it's the reason for your woes. Have you tried doing things without it, just to rule out some black magic?

Ah okay, so that means that running fnis everytime one switches a profile with different animations is the only solution. To be honest I opened this thread to see if there was another way but thanks for letting me know that it's not possible

Ah okay, so that means that running fnis everytime one switches a profile with different animations is the only solution. To be honest I opened this thread to see if there was another way but thanks for letting me know that it's not possible

You should only have to run it the FIRST time you swap to a new profile and then only do it again on each profile *if* you add any new mods with more animations.

However.. if you Start profile D the first time... run FNIS.. play profile D...

Then later.. start profile E for the first time.. run FNIS (since E has different animations than D).. then play profile E...

If you go *back* to profile D to play you shouldn't have to run FNIS again.

Typically i will name the FNIS output in the Overwrite folder after the MO Profile it's for. So for example i'll have:

FNIS Overwrite Profile D - jan20

FNIS Overwrite Profile E - feb1

FNIS Overwrite Profile F - jan20

The dates indicate when i last ran FNIS on a particular profile. ~ Then as others said i only activate the FNIS that goes with the profile it's labelled for. i've never had a problem doing it that way.

You should only have to run it the FIRST time you swap to a new profile and then only do it again on each profile *if* you add any new mods with more animations.

Exactly. 

Just make sure you never delete animation mods from MO, let it handle activation and deactivation of those mods as you move between one profile and another, then you won't encounter issues with FNIS patches for a particular profile breaking. 

However.. if you Start profile D the first time... run FNIS.. play profile D...

Then later.. start profile E for the first time.. run FNIS (since E has different animations than D).. then play profile E...

If you go *back* to profile D to play you shouldn't have to run FNIS again.

Typically i will name the FNIS output in the Overwrite folder after the MO Profile it's for. So for example i'll have:

FNIS Overwrite Profile D - jan20

FNIS Overwrite Profile E - feb1

FNIS Overwrite Profile F - jan20

The dates indicate when i last ran FNIS on a particular profile. ~ Then as others said i only activate the FNIS that goes with the profile it's labelled for. i've never had a problem doing it that way.

I would really like to know what I'm doing wrong, what's the best way to troubleshot this problem? I already did what you suggested and now i double checked. If I do run Fnis from profile A, profile B hasn't sexlab animations( exclusive to that profile); if I do run FNIS from profile B, profile A Has no animations ( default T pose). In the left pane the Fnis output for that profile is checked while the other output of the other profile is unchecked.

Exactly. 

Just make sure you never delete animation mods from MO, let it handle activation and deactivation of those mods as you move between one profile and another, then you won't encounter issues with FNIS patches for a particular profile breaking. 

I'm not sure if that could help but I haven't installed Fnis in the Skyrim/Data directory but instead I decided to install it as a mod through MO

Exactly. 

I'm not sure if that could help but I haven't installed Fnis in the Skyrim/Data directory but instead I decided to install it as a mod through MO

Yeah, as it should be. I don't know what's going wrong with your setup other than at some point you've put some patched files in the wrong place. You're not ticking the PCEA patch in FNIS are you? If so don't, PCEA2 is an entirely different mod. 

If you do as I described for each profile it's effectively like setting up FNIS Behaviour and running it that very first time. It'll sweep your virtual data for any mods with animation files and consolidate them via the patches you chose, spit some output into Overwrite, you'd turn that into a mod and call it 'fnis output profile x', place it towards the bottom of the left pane and activate it. 

Say you copied that profile, called it 'Profile y' and deactivated 'fnis output profile x', unticked a couple of animation mods and ticked a new one. You'd run FNIS, it won't find any output in the profile so again it'll spit out a freshly minted bunch of files into Overwrite, you'd turn those into a mod called 'fnis output profile y' and activate it. Rinse and repeat.

So you decide to go back to 'Profile x' uninstall an anims mod and install a new one - that's when you'd run FNIS again, it'll place it's files in Overwrite as usual. You'd copy paste those files into 'fnis output profile x' and et voila.

Exactly. 

Yeah, as it should be. I don't know what's going wrong with your setup other than at some point you've put some patched files in the wrong place. You're not ticking the PCEA patch in FNIS are you? If so don't, PCEA2 is an entirely different mod. 

If you do as I described for each profile it's effectively like setting up FNIS Behaviour and running it that very first time. It'll sweep your virtual data for any mods with animation files and consolidate them via the patches you chose, spit some output into Overwrite, you'd turn that into a mod and call it 'fnis output profile x', place it towards the bottom of the left pane and activate it. 

Say you copied that profile, called it 'Profile y' and deactivated 'fnis output profile x', unticked a couple of animation mods and ticked a new one. You'd run FNIS, it won't find any output in the profile so again it'll spit out a freshly minted bunch of files into Overwrite, you'd turn those into a mod called 'fnis output profile y' and activate it. Rinse and repeat.

So you decide to go back to 'Profile x' uninstall an anims mod and install a new one - that's when you'd run FNIS again, it'll place it's files in Overwrite as usual. You'd copy paste those files into 'fnis output profile x' and et voila.

Okay i'm goind to tell the exact same steps i'll take now,  just to be sure i've deleted the fnis output in every profile, also to answer your question i do only pick the skeleton arm fix in the fnis window.

Profile A is called "default" while profile B is called "test"

-i do run FNIS on profile A, select skeleton arm fix and choose update FNIS behaviour, then exit

-Click with right button on overwrite and choose create mod, i named it FNIS output - default

-I do check it in the left pane and just to be sure i test it in game, it does work

Now i do switch profile and go to profile B

- FNIS output - default is already unchecked

-I run FNIS again same as before and create a mod from it's output, i call it FNIS output - test

- I checked the output and just to be sure again i tested it in game, it works

i do switch to profile A again and animations don't work, FNIS output - default is checked while FNIS output - test is unchecked

What have I done wrong?

Archived