Out of curiosity, how do people make their Oblivion look so amazing?

ellylanster

I've seen videos on youtube and nexus of people making their Oblivion look absolutely amazing. I can't post links but the title of a video I recently watched that just exploded my brain was "OCSS - Oblivion Combat Skill System 使い方" I'm sure you could look that up and see what I'm talking about. (Youtube). How do they do it? What am I missing? A load order or something would be immensely helpful in this case.

Not so much the spells, I'm looking for the character models and details and such. I've tried modding the characters but they look.. well.. they look like Oblivion characters. All hunched over like they've spent half their lives in a house that was a foot shorter than they were.

Outfit is a mash up body I think can be found in the setbody reloaded mod the race I do not think is OCO. The character is either tbsk's or it's one of darigaz17's characters as the head look similar to one of theirs. Tbsk's mod can be found here you can also ask them what the race is that they are using. http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46702/?tab=3&selected_game=101&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D46702%26user%3D1%26gid%3D101&pUp=1 this is the other one. http://darigaz17.tumblr.com/tagged/screenshots

Oblivion Reloaded and/or ENB and bunch of elbehtiens and discoverys nature replacers. OCO as linked, some of "our" mashups tho i personally avoid presenting rips, say dark souls conversions.

If you do it nicely, you can have oblivion looking good as modded skyrim.

Then there are these japanese combat plugins and whatnot which alter the game slightly more.

Say this screen of mine: http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/101/449130-1453744313.jpg

This has zero photoshop, Whats in this is Snusdungeons Wet Cave? ultra res character? (4096* body textures and 2048* face.)

My SirArtsy ENB preset with fire downtoned (i used it as light source) and so on.

If you do it nicely, you can have oblivion looking good as modded skyrim.

And it'll also be 10X more stable too.

@OT; You don't even need to use ENBs to make the game look pretty (graphically at least) I spent ages with just SweetFX. As for characters it depends on the race and the headmesh used, although you can use the CS to create pretty looking characters (for modded races at least, vanilla ones still look like potatoes.) 

It's really easy to make Oblivion look good since it's been out far longer than Skyrim, is far more stable than Skyrim and has a metric fuckload of mods available. It's really a case of picking what you like.

Yeah for Oblivion mods don't bother with NMM, it pretty much only works with Skyrim. I manually installed Setbody and haven't had any problems with it either.

I think I figured out where I went wrong. Setbody seems to install all the bodies, and then randomizes them for each NPC you encounter? I could of course be wrong.. I need to look into it's ini as the instructions state though~

Yeah for Oblivion mods don't bother with NMM, it pretty much only works with Skyrim. I manually installed Setbody and haven't had any problems with it either.

I think I figured out where I went wrong. Setbody seems to install all the bodies, and then randomizes them for each NPC you encounter? I could of course be wrong.. I need to look into it's ini as the instructions state though~

Check the inis, there's autosetbody. Can turn it off if you don't want random bodies. I use setbody just for tamago.

Yes NMM is crap for oblivion and fallout games as it has a high tendency to not install/uninstall things incorrectly. Instead use OBMM (oblivion mod manager) wyre bash or MO (mod organizer) last one will probably take awhile to get up and running if you have never used it or any mod manager before. 

I believe there is 2 versions set body normal and setbody with auto set body.

Archived