A method to avoid using your Disc or a Big ISO here.

roy12

Go here and download the Oblivion [ENGLISH] No-DVD/Fixed Image #2.

It's a mini-image, just like an ISO of the game, but it doesn't weight 4 GB like a full one, or spins and spins like the disc. This is useful if you don't want to use your disc or waste space doing an ISO and still use OBSE (which is necessary for xlovers), being that no-dvd cracks break it.

I haven't had problems with this yet.

Guest strike105x

Actually, better yet, just go there and grab the no-dvd patch (some antiviruses give a false positive on it, don't worry its safe), patch your exe, and no more problem.

Actually' date=' better yet, just go there and grab the no-dvd patch (some antiviruses give a false positive on it, don't worry its safe), patch your exe, and no more problem.

[/quote']

OBSE is said to have problems with no-dvd executables. Has that been fixed then?

Actually' date=' better yet, just go there and grab the no-dvd patch (some antiviruses give a false positive on it, don't worry its safe), patch your exe, and no more problem.

[/quote']

OBSE is said to have problems with no-dvd executables. Has that been fixed then?

Im running oblivion with a no-dvd patch over a year already, and all obse versions which i used over that time worked well with it. (and the newest one is working with it too)

Then I guess it's just some sort of scare tactic the OBSE devs. use because they hate pirates.

Either that, or they're just watching their asses. I still like using the original exe, I just patched it with a 4 gb of ram enabler and it works with the mini-image...

Guest strike105x

[/quote']

Im running oblivion with a no-dvd patch over a year already, and all obse versions which i used over that time worked well with it. (and the newest one is working with it too)

Indeed and it also works fine with the 4 gb enabler, i've been using it forever myself as well.

Ironically, the no-dvd executables make OBSE more useable - several digital download versions of TES-IV (D2D and Impulse for sure, perhaps others) can't be used with OBSE out of the box due to encrypted EXEs, but if you replace the exe with a no-dvd version both the game and OBSE work fine.

yeah' date=' but if you use Wrye Bash it messes with your load order.[/quote']

Uh no. Wrye Bash allows you total and flexible control of your load order. I suspect you have told Bash to lock your load order.

Go into Bash, unlock the load order, go into OBMM, let it reset your load order, then quit.

Go back into Bash and relock the load order.

yeah' date=' but if you use Wrye Bash it messes with your load order.

I use OBMM mainly and whenever I open up Wrye Bash to mod anything, I have to reload my saved load order in OBMM for my oblivion install to NOT crash at the loading screen.

[/quote']

You must have something wrong around there, I only use OBMM to activate/deactivate omods since I started using Wrye Bash. Make sure you don't have lock times and BOSS disable lock times enabled. And make sure to tick the box that makes Oblivion and the TESCS start with OBSE.

I will try that tonight! thanks for the info!

There is soooo much I don't know about Wrye. I wish someone would write a real damn manual for that friggen program.

*grumble*

Hey Dreamer, check this link if you're still interested in something of a manual for Wryebash: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35230

The pictorial guides are pretty useful, just grab the PDF's from there.

Archived