Preventing armour from being removed by others

Spectre77

This is my first time playing with modding tools, so simple as you can please.

What I'm trying to do is prevent a modified version of Imperial Studded Armour, which is open at the bottom, from removing my characters underwear as well. From what I understand having fiddles with TES5edit for a bit, the armor is on slot 32 and the underwear on slot 52, so can't understand what's causing this to happen/.

This is my first time playing with modding tools, so simple as you can please.

What I'm trying to do is prevent a modified version of Imperial Studded Armour, which is open at the bottom, from removing my characters underwear as well. From what I understand having fiddles with TES5edit for a bit, the armor is on slot 32 and the underwear on slot 52, so can't understand what's causing this to happen/.

Using TES5Edit:

Check the 'Armor' form for the armor. Is the ONLY slot listed there for the armor, slot 32? If there are others, please post which ones.

Do the same for the 'Armor Addon' form for the armor. 

Now check the above for the underwear. Post any differences.

If the underwear or armor list the same slot in either the 'Armor' form or the 'Armor Addon' form then equipping one will unequip the other.

Since the slots don't conflict, I'm wondering if it's a dismemberskininstance issue.

I haven't looked into how skyrim handles it since I really haven't had to deal with it, but if the armor NIF says it covers the NPC Pelvis slot, it may be taking priority for that node.

Is the item actually being removed or just invisible?

If you are using SOS it adds slot 52 to armors when playing a male. If you are also using a mod that adds a schlong to females it will also add slot 52 to women. If this is the case you can go to the 'player' tab in the SOS MCM menu and make the armor 'revealing' which will remove slot 52 from it.

Archived