NiO, tranforms, progression possible?

I have this vision in my head and not sure how to implement it or if it's even possible at this point in development of NiO....

I would like to create a mod modeled after JUGs and tied to either Milk Mod or SGO3 (or both)

In this mod you meet an NPC who wants to be a milk producer. That's about as simple an explanation as I can give in order to give an idea of what I want to accomplish with NiO trandforms.

I use Zeroed Slider UUNP bodies and use BodyGen to set certain NPCs to certain body types.

What I would LIKE to do is have my NPC start out as UNP Skinny (for example), and as the quest progresses, her body changes so that she goes something like this:

UNP Skinny, then to UNP, then to UNPB, to UNPB Oppai, to 7B Cleavage, to 7B Oppai.

The SCALING options for either MME or SGO3 would stay as they are, but now instead of simply scaling breasts to be bigger, I'd like to change their SHAPE and her whole body as well.

I think I can figure out how to apply a transform in-game (might need help as I'm not a scripter....I write dialogue), but right now in experimenting it appears that if I start her out as UNP skinny, and then try to apply UNP, the UNP setting is applied in addition to the pre-existing UNP Skinny. So it gets kinda wonky. I haven't found a method for resetting NiO. In other words I don't know how to REMOVE the UNP Skinny and then set her to UNP. 

Would it be enough to do this?:

Start her as UNP Skinny@1.0 using BodyGen

Then set her to UNP Skinny@0.00

or would that just try to set her to the low weight UNP Skinny?

If the entire Body swap is just not possible or is far too complex to implement, would I be better off sitting with BodySlide for a while to find a body setting to start out with and that I can just transform specific things like adding a little SSH, messing with breast size slider, perkiness, pushup, whatever....?

Because I would also want to change her hips, butt, etc.

I'm trying to move from "let's just make this bone bigger so her UNP boobs stick out more" to actually morphing the body without screwing it up. :)

Thanks for any insights

I think I can figure out how to apply a transform in-game (might need help as I'm not a scripter....I write dialogue), but right now in experimenting it appears that if I start her out as UNP skinny, and then try to apply UNP, the UNP setting is applied in addition to the pre-existing UNP Skinny. So it gets kinda wonky. I haven't found a method for resetting NiO. In other words I don't know how to REMOVE the UNP Skinny and then set her to UNP. 

If you set a node scale to say 2.5. You can then set that same scale to 1.0, which would be "no change".

NIO also has:

; Removes ALL Armor based overrides from ALL actors (Global purge)

Function RemoveAllOverrides() native global

; Removes all Armor based overrides for a particular actor

Function RemoveAllReferenceOverrides(ObjectReference ref) native global

; Removes all ArmorAddon overrides for a particular actor and armor

Function RemoveAllArmorOverrides(ObjectReference ref, bool isFemale, Armor arm) native global

; Removes all overrides for a particular actor, armor, and addon

Function RemoveAllArmorAddonOverrides(ObjectReference ref, bool isFemale, Armor arm, ArmorAddon addon) native global

; Removes all overrides for a particukar actor, armor, addon, and nodeName

Function RemoveAllArmorAddonNodeOverrides(ObjectReference ref, bool isFemale, Armor arm, ArmorAddon addon, string node) native global

; Removes one particular override from an actor, armor, addon, node name, key, index

Function RemoveOverride(ObjectReference ref, bool isFemale, Armor arm, ArmorAddon addon, string node, int key, int index) native global

; Removes ALL Node based overrides for ALL actors (Global purge)

Function RemoveAllNodeOverrides() native global

; Removes all Node based overrides for a particular actor

Function RemoveAllReferenceNodeOverrides(ObjectReference ref) native global

; Removes all Node based overrides for a particular actor, gender, and nodeName

Function RemoveAllNodeNameOverrides(ObjectReference ref, bool isFemale, string node) native global

; Removes one particular override from an actor, of a particular gender, nodeName, key, and index

Function RemoveNodeOverride(ObjectReference ref, bool isFemale, string node, int key, int index) native global

; Clears a body morph value on an actor

Function ClearMorphValue(ObjectReference ref, string morphName) global

return ClearBodyMorph(ref, morphName, "RSMLegacy")

EndFunction

; Sets a body morph value on an actor

Function SetMorphValue(ObjectReference ref, string morphName, float value) global

SetBodyMorph(ref, morphName, "RSMLegacy", value)

EndFunction

Doing a full mesh swap is easy enough, but the transition between the two I'm not sure how you could blend easily. And standard node scales will simply make your body "longer". Unless you toy with the actual body morph functions and get some usable results.

If you look at WeightMorphs by Cell. It uses the bodymorph function pretty well and should give you a starting point by a bit of copy-pasting.

You could probably do something roughly like this, using UUNP's shape sliders (it'd probably take a bit to get the ratios right for a good transition, and I think doing changes to individual sliders rather than bodytype would be better, but more time consuming):

if progression >= 100 then

stage += 1

progression = 0

endif

if stage = 1 thenNiOverride.SetBodyMorph(PlayerRef, "UNP", "mymodname",progression) ;Increase UNP sliderelseif stage = 2 thenNiOverride.SetBodyMorph(PlayerRef, "UNP", "mymodname",100-progression) ;Decrease UNP slider by progressionNiOverride.SetBodyMorph(PlayerRef, "UNPB", "mymodname",progression) ;Increase UNPB slider by progressionendif

Full mesh swaps without morphs are fairly easy, but it wouldn't be a smooth transition.

Thanks for this. Again...not a scripter so maybe a dumb question, but I see a lot of those NiO manipulations are "Armor" based overrides. As a scripting n00b I would see that as:

if this was an armor-based applied override, do this. So it would have had to have been an armor-based override to begin with. I'm learning (I'm old...but learning).

Is my thinking correct or is everything basically an armor override?

Thanks for this. Again...not a scripter so maybe a dumb question, but I see a lot of those NiO manipulations are "Armor" based overrides. As a scripting n00b I would see that as:

if this was an armor-based applied override, do this. So it would have had to have been an armor-based override to begin with. I'm learning (I'm old...but learning).

Is my thinking correct or is everything basically an armor override?

NiO can apply an override to an armor piece, or to the actual body. Some heels for example use a form of armor override (not HDT heels). They shift the entire body up, but once the armor is removed, it no longer applies.

You just have to make sure to use the standard node overrides and not the ones calling for an armor reference.

Archived