Lighting issue with character

Cammy

So recently, maybe a week or 2 i've ran in to a weird lighting issue with my character. The problem is whenever its daylight or near (certain) fires the reflection of light on my character is really bright. I'm using RCRN and i did a bit of experimenting with the enbseries. When i use enbseries the lighting issue seems to be fixed but when i remove it well you can see from the screenshots.

Does anyone know how i can fix the problem? .ini setting or something?

With enbseries

http://imgur.com/ZYH3j74

Without enbseries

http://imgur.com/QVguvLi

*edit* Pictures should be links now.

Can't see your images. The fact that it goes away with ENB isn't surprising, but  does it go away if you disable RCRN and are you using any other lighting mods? I take it you've also asked their community? 

Can't see your images. The fact that it goes away with ENB isn't surprising, but  does it go away if you disable RCRN and are you using any other lighting mods? I take it you've also asked their community? 

even without RCRN the problem persist. and no not using any lighting mods i have tested a few to see if they fix it but none work. Also  I dont know about the pictures they seem to work for me?

I havent taken to any other forums yet cause i dont know where the problem is coming from i'm just trying to get a little information to start.

Yeah, very likely a vanilla problem which RCRN isn't doing anything to address,  hence your test results.

Having used RCRN a lot in the past, I never found a combo that sorted out all the visual fidelity problems like this. Folks will insist they get the same results as an ENB when they pair RCRN with a SweetFX profile, I think that's horseshit honestly but your mileage may vary. I just don't see the point in trying to match it with an ENB tbh, there are better and more flexible exterior lighting/weather/ambience mods available and many more ENBs designed to work with them. 

Get an RCRN-compatible ENB setting, if you want RCRN. The vanilla Skyrim character lighting is crap and no mod can fix that. No, ENB is your safest bet.

i'll probably do that just kind of weird how the lighting was totally fine before and then suddenly decided to die. anyways thanks for the response

Yeah, very likely a vanilla problem which RCRN isn't doing anything to address,  hence your test results.

Having used RCRN a lot in the past, I never found a combo that sorted out all the visual fidelity problems like this. Folks will insist they get the same results as an ENB when they pair RCRN with a SweetFX profile, I think that's horseshit honestly but your mileage may vary. I just don't see the point in trying to match it with an ENB tbh, there are better and more flexible exterior lighting/weather/ambience mods available and many more ENBs designed to work with them. 

Since i'm going to be building my computer real soon i'll be able to use enb's so i'll just have to put up with it until then. Also still wondering if i should keep using RCRN or switch CoT or whatever else, Will jsut have to experiment with different weather/enb setups in the future. Thanks for the reply/help

Archived