devilfish360 Posted May 11, 2016 Posted May 11, 2016 Hello. I started working on a similar mod in notepad++, based on unequipping entire items from armor slots based on player HP using the OnHit function. However recently exams have come up so I'm not able to finish it any time soon, and it sound like you have a bigger skillset than me anyway. This is my first time modding so I'm not sure if it even works and I havent tested it, but you're welcome to integrate any part of it into you're mod if it proves useful. strip.psc
Deep Player Posted May 11, 2016 Posted May 11, 2016 can CK give the clothes slot health?so it can be damaged like power armor?
nutluck Posted May 11, 2016 Posted May 11, 2016 Well the fact you are working on it is promising. In time as more and more people uncover stuff about FO4 and mod authors figure out more stuff. Hopefully you will get the info you need to make this then.
MorMorTheEgg Posted May 12, 2016 Posted May 12, 2016 I am super excited for a breaking armor mod. I personally prefer realistic armors and body proportions, but being Bodyslide compatible will certainly allow everyone to have their preferred bodies (even if I'm something of an idiot and have only the most basic idea of how bodyslide works).
SquigglySwag Posted June 3, 2016 Posted June 3, 2016 Nightasy's "Hmm What To Wear" mod now has a feature that is essentially the Break Undies Light functionality from Skyrim, for NPCs and the player. By default it only works with the clothes items added by the mod, but it's relatively simple to add whichever armors and clothes you want by adding them to the Hmm_MasterLoot_List with the CK. (I haven't tested this thoroughly but it worked for some vanilla armors I tried briefly) It simply removes the items when they "break", so no damaged meshes unfortunately. But it's a start. The mod also has a function that swaps raiders clothes to the new HWTW outfits. I feel like something similar could be used to swap to the damaged armor(s) for BUP, but I literally downloaded the CK yesterday and don't know anything about scripting so... maybe this could help (if Nightasy is okay with people using their scripts for inspiration), maybe not. Still looking forward to whatever you have planned, if the project is still being worked on. Maybe the damaged meshes could just not have cloth physics? Like the cloth gets torn to shreds in the portion where physics are? I thought the physics were mainly in the parts around the legs, so if the damaged meshes are skimpified maybe that'll become less of an issue?
Mailamea Posted June 9, 2016 Posted June 9, 2016 FUCK YEAH i'll even help out with texture swaps if were going to use texture transform swapping instead of mesh swapping.
WBGrock Posted June 10, 2016 Posted June 10, 2016 Okay, Honestly, the first thing this guy need to do is build a framework, and then a comprehensive guide to how it works. If you have a decent guide, then people can build the mods themselves.
Haiphong Posted December 2, 2016 Posted December 2, 2016 Hello, just chiming in that I have been eagerly awaiting such a mod to come around in FO4, so consider this interest gauged! I really enjoyed it in the ES games. Good luck brave modder!
PointyWereWulf Posted December 9, 2016 Posted December 9, 2016 Used to use the Oblivion version a ton a long time ago. Hoping it can work for both genders. I wish you luck!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.