9 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Hi again Emily. The shaving knife and mirror work ok, the new nail cuticle remover does not.

That's bad. Because that means we have a bug I cannot reproduce, and I haven't seen anybody else here being affected by it. This makes it impossible to fix (unless you can find the issue by yourself).

To find the reason yourself, there is the (tiresome!) standard procedure: check Skyrim installation; avoid mod conflicts (uninstall other mods); try inserting notification commands into the scripts.... etc.

On 5/22/2024 at 4:58 AM, emily1673 said:

Known issue. I really should look into this, or at least display a warning message when getting pierced.

Thank you for your reply.

Just wanted to follow up here, because I overlooked a pretty dumb thing which I only noticed after taking a more in-depth look at your script...

I actually have HDT Piercings.esp enabled in my load order, but had it changed to a ESPFE which apparently required me to compact the FormIDs before. So the .esp was loaded, but the integer value in my ypsItemsSE.json were simply wrong.
The script was working as intended, but didn't trigger the code for applying SlaveTats, as it found the .esp in my load order before. (? That's my guess, but so far it seems plausible at least in my case. Obviously it's up to you, but maybe it might be a good idea to add a validation for those cases, so it falls back to the SlaveTats system if the item can't be found despite the .esp being loaded?)

Now the item was properly equipped. 

As a side-note here, while it is correct in the explanation in the .json file 

!!!!! Both for  LE and SE the item codes must be integer values. !!!!!
Convert the hex codes to integer when needed.

it is still wrong in the spoiler section of this mod page:

For LE, you need to convert the hex numbers from the mod into decimal numbers, e.g. 2854 hexadecimal = 10324 decimal. For SE you need to use hexadecimal numbers.

13 hours ago, emily1673 said:

That's bad. Because that means we have a bug I cannot reproduce, and I haven't seen anybody else here being affected by it. This makes it impossible to fix (unless you can find the issue by yourself).

To find the reason yourself, there is the (tiresome!) standard procedure: check Skyrim installation; avoid mod conflicts (uninstall other mods); try inserting notification commands into the scripts.... etc.

Yeah, I need to go on a debug session :/

3 hours ago, RoninDog said:

The first addiction speech debuff "Uneasy Feeling About Your Looks" doesn't work. It says "Decreases Speech by 0" in the magic menu. Is this a known issue?

Maybe it's just working as intended (though I could change it from 0 to -1, to avoid confusion). Do the other (de)buff levels work normally?

1 hour ago, HannoJojo said:

Thank you for your reply.

Just wanted to follow up here, because I overlooked a pretty dumb thing which I only noticed after taking a more in-depth look at your script...

I actually have HDT Piercings.esp enabled in my load order, but had it changed to a ESPFE which apparently required me to compact the FormIDs before. So the .esp was loaded, but the integer value in my ypsItemsSE.json were simply wrong.
The script was working as intended, but didn't trigger the code for applying SlaveTats, as it found the .esp in my load order before. (? That's my guess, but so far it seems plausible at least in my case. Obviously it's up to you, but maybe it might be a good idea to add a validation for those cases, so it falls back to the SlaveTats system if the item can't be found despite the .esp being loaded?)

Now the item was properly equipped. 

As a side-note here, while it is correct in the explanation in the .json file 

it is still wrong in the spoiler section of this mod page:

Ah, that explains everything! I have updated the mod description accordingly!

(And also thanks for the hint concerning the decimal codes.)

39 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

Yeah, I need to go on a debug session :/

Really sorry for that. I will also put this issue on the list of "features that maybe should be programmed differently, because some users have problems".

Really trivial question. I always found it curious that when my PC opens a bottle of nail polish, it smells "odd". When one of the fashionistas opens a bottle of (presumably the same) nail polish, it smells "soft". Any particular reason for the different smells?

On 5/15/2024 at 7:44 PM, joe_yawiki said:

Yes, I got the both texture pack installed and also build the [YPS] Nails BHUNP in bodyslide(I saw that your new hand/nails have no outfit/body conflict). I will attached the screenshot in both of bodyslide and in-game you might catch somethings

In bodyslide 

Well, got to it, learned abit about texture sets in the process. Posting fixed version here.

Now, if i may ask, @emily1673 could you replace the package in downloads? Sorry for that blunder.

YPS BHUNP pack v1.1.zip

13 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Really trivial question. I always found it curious that when my PC opens a bottle of nail polish, it smells "odd". When one of the fashionistas opens a bottle of (presumably the same) nail polish, it smells "soft". Any particular reason for the different smells?

Good observation! This difference is intentional: In the nail salon they are using special gel nail polish, which has a much "softer" smell, but needs to be cured with a UV lamp (and then is more persistent than normal nail polish).

10 hours ago, nilead said:

Well, got to it, learned abit about texture sets in the process. Posting fixed version here.

Now, if i may ask, @emily1673 could you replace the package in downloads? Sorry for that blunder.

YPS BHUNP pack v1.1.zip 3.01 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the update! Just uploaded the new version.

6 hours ago, H Bof said:

Does anyone know if there's a compatibility patch available for use with PSQ for hair color transformation?

Don't think there is any. I have never tried PSQ. What functionality do you have in mind?

The easiest way maybe is to ask the PSQ developers to use YPS mod events when changing hairstyle and color.

On 5/22/2024 at 9:44 AM, emily1673 said:

For BoS, I would still recommend the full version of YPS, because it has more features (e.g. arousal management).

The lite version should work without issues though.

Wonderful, many thanks! :)

No, it's exactly the opposite! DD has been a requirement for the standard version since a long time. And now I finally found the time to do a LITE version, so people can use the latest YPS features without installing DD (or even Sexlab). Rejoice! 😊

My mistake.  I'd have sworn I used this in the past without DD.  So the Sexlab content was reliant upon DD as well?

22 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

Don't think there is any. I have never tried PSQ. What functionality do you have in mind?

The easiest way maybe is to ask the PSQ developers to use YPS mod events when changing hairstyle and color.

I hope it's something minor but I'm no modder so idk lol, on transforming into a succubus you can set it to change hair color but yps will auto change it back a few moments later. I would ask the PSQ dev but I'm not hopeful since it looks like the mod hasn't been updated in years for LE or its SE conversions from others.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Maybe it's just working as intended (though I could change it from 0 to -1, to avoid confusion). Do the other (de)buff levels work normally?

Well, according to SSEEdit it should give a 10 debuff. I noticed when I edited all the buffs to be less op, but not a biggie. The other de(buffs) work normally.

Spoiler

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by RoninDog
Posted (edited)

New voice files for v6.7.2

Thanks Emily for your frequent updates. Highly, highly loved and appreciated.

Only for DBVO users: There is a treat in the download section. (Sorry - Alpha and no support offered.)

Edited by SquatsAreLife
6 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

My mistake.  I'd have sworn I used this in the past without DD.  So the Sexlab content was reliant upon DD as well?

DD relies on SL, not the other way round.

Yps full version relies on DD (and SL). The original reasons were: 1) be able to detect DD piercings; 2) to add the "SexlabNoStrip" keyword to nail polish items.

And of course the Dibella quest and the flirt system, which rely on DD and SL quite much.

Yps lite version relies on nothing.

Originally, I did post full and lite versions for all updates, but the recent lite version is the first one since several years...

6 hours ago, H Bof said:

I hope it's something minor but I'm no modder so idk lol, on transforming into a succubus you can set it to change hair color but yps will auto change it back a few moments later. I would ask the PSQ dev but I'm not hopeful since it looks like the mod hasn't been updated in years for LE or its SE conversions from others.

Then you should turn of YPS hair control before changing into a succubus.

4 hours ago, RoninDog said:

Well, according to SSEEdit it should give a 10 debuff. I noticed when I edited all the buffs to be less op, but not a biggie. The other de(buffs) work normally.

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled-1.jpg

I see. Doesn't seem to be a serious issue then, fortunately.

2 hours ago, SquatsAreLife said:

Only for DBVO users: There is a treat in the download section. (Sorry - Alpha and no support offered.)

Wonderful, big thanks! I'll also post the new thought voices soon.

2 hours ago, SquatsAreLife said:

SE only?

42 minutes ago, Balgin said:

SE only?

I haven't used LE since 2018. But I believe voice packs for NPCs should work on LE. They are just fuz files (wav and lip combined.) I believe Emily is using LE.

DBVO is not available for LE, but I just saw that someone converted it to LE. I haven't watched it myself, since I'm on SE, but you could use the DBVO voice pack if you convert the mod.

In my opinion worth it. I love that my player is voiced 90% of the time. You could use the DBVO voice packs from SE. Bella has the most support.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/89810

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/91260

The mod for the individual DBVO voice packs has to be available for LE of course, and it has to have the same dialogue topic lines (player lines). However of you miss some, it is not going to crash your game, it just won't play the sound.

5 hours ago, emily1673 said:

DD relies on SL, not the other way round.

Yps full version relies on DD (and SL). The original reasons were: 1) be able to detect DD piercings; 2) to add the "SexlabNoStrip" keyword to nail polish items.

And of course the Dibella quest and the flirt system, which rely on DD and SL quite much.

Yps lite version relies on nothing.

Originally, I did post full and lite versions for all updates, but the recent lite version is the first one since several years...

Then you should turn of YPS hair control before changing into a succubus.

I see. Doesn't seem to be a serious issue then, fortunately.

Wonderful, big thanks! I'll also post the new thought voices soon.

Yes, the flirt system is what I was alluding to with Sexlab linkage.  Thanks for the info.

19 hours ago, SquatsAreLife said:

I haven't used LE since 2018. But I believe voice packs for NPCs should work on LE. They are just fuz files (wav and lip combined.) I believe Emily is using LE.

DBVO is not available for LE, but I just saw that someone converted it to LE. I haven't watched it myself, since I'm on SE, but you could use the DBVO voice pack if you convert the mod.

In my opinion worth it. I love that my player is voiced 90% of the time. You could use the DBVO voice packs from SE. Bella has the most support.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/89810

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/91260

The mod for the individual DBVO voice packs has to be available for LE of course, and it has to have the same dialogue topic lines (player lines). However of you miss some, it is not going to crash your game, it just won't play the sound.

For my own playthroughs, I meanwhile switched to SE. Most important reason is that LE crashes for me every ~5 minutes (and I have tried all these "crash fixes", believe me...). Also, I meanwhile have found a reasonable 1st person view mod for SE.

Having the voice packs for NPCs and the player also is a wonderful addition to SE that greatly adds to immersion. I didn't try whether the sound packs work for LE.

In any case, steadfast LE supporters like @Balgin don't have to worry: development for YPS will continue to be based on LE, simply because I am used to the LE modding environment, and I am only doing quests, dialogues and scripting, which means that there is absolutely no additional work needed to keep the mod compatible for both LE and SE.

Posted (edited)

Pardon me, I got a face issue with merchant NPC in Dawnstar, Ywind Flower, seem like the mouth part is glitching. Literally when the NPC face is inside my game camera, my whole screen is like glitching, sorry if I'm using wrong term, I'm not really familiar with the modding terms. 

I been searched internet but didn't see anyone got this issue yet therefore I report here.

Technically I updated YPS into 6.7.2 from 6.7.0 and Soundtexture Package 240519 from 240114 today. 

Before that, the merchant NPC in Dawnstar without issue. I tested to go other place, the merchant NPCs are fine.

Spoiler

image.png.f8907ce4b47dc1052754073275a5166a.png

Spoiler

image.png.7b45e46fb58b2797e1092606494ff8e1.png

Edited by JunWeng
1 hour ago, JunWeng said:

Pardon me, I got a face issue with merchant NPC in Dawnstar, Ywind Flower, seem like the mouth part is glitching. Literally when the NPC face is inside my game camera, my whole screen is like glitching, sorry if I'm using word term, I'm not really familiar with the modding terms. 

I been searched internet but didn't see anyone got this issue yet therefore I report here.

Technically I updated YPS into 6.7.2 from 6.7.0 and Soundtexture Package 240519 from 240114 today. 

Before that, the merchant NPC in Dawnstar without issue. I tested to go other place, the merchant NPCs are fine.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.f8907ce4b47dc1052754073275a5166a.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.7b45e46fb58b2797e1092606494ff8e1.png

Yes, can confirm similar issues here. Might be caused by the new sound&texture pack.

Does the problem persist with the old one?

53 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

Yes, can confirm similar issues here. Might be caused by the new sound&texture pack.

The new merchant in Riverwood is doing that to me as well.

Can't remember if I said something about this once before, so if I did, my apologies for repeating myself. A male PC going through the Dibella Quest wouldn't react to the various fashion objects he is reluctantly acquiring in the same way a female PC in the base game would react. One who was trying out, and enjoying, her new-found fondness for fashion. So when a male PC suddenly finds himself with pierced ears, which he had no desire to acquire, his thoughts two or three days later are unlikely to be very positive, unlike those of a female discovering, now that she has overcome her reluctance to get pierced ears, that she really likes how she looks with her new earrings.

Unfortunately, there appears to be only one set of responses for when the PC, male or female, has had earrings for any length of time. Perhaps an additional set of thoughts in the thoughts database for our reluctant PC could be added, tied to the length of time since the particular event occurred. So, for example, for the first few days he is still annoyed. As time goes on he becomes, first, resigned to the unwanted addition, then later, he becomes more comfortable with the addition and finally, decides that he is pleased with his new appearance.

This pattern could be repeated with each step taking him closer to, not just appearing as a woman, but accepting this change wholeheartedly.

So far, the Dibella Quest has three possible outcomes. The first is the male PC becomes a female. No surprise there, it's in the game description. I'm leaving the second and third in a spoiler. Wouldn't want to reveal the other options for someone who hasn't played through to those points.

Spoiler

2 - At some point prior to the breast implants, he rebels and says, "No more!" This ends the quest and he eventually reverts to his male form

3 - He accepts the changes made to him to date but refuses to have the sex change operation and becomes a shemale

I think the first option should become at least two options. In the first one, the male PC is somehow tricked, or even coerced, into becoming a woman and in the second, he slowly becomes aware that he feels more comfortable as a woman and so embraces the opportunity offered by the priestess. Not sure what the third or further options should look like. Perhaps someone else has an idea.

On 5/24/2024 at 4:44 AM, emily1673 said:

Good observation! This difference is intentional: In the nail salon they are using special gel nail polish, which has a much "softer" smell, but needs to be cured with a UV lamp (and then is more persistent than normal nail polish).

That explains why the polish my PC applies only lasts a week whereas when a fashionista gives my girl a professional manicure it lasts for a month. It's these little subtleties that make you a very good storyteller. Congrats.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, emily1673 said:

I revert back to SoundTexture Package 240114 version, merchant is fine now. May I know will it be any compatible issue with 6.7.2 version mod?

Edited by JunWeng