Making npcs adoptable

Sidereel

I'm attempting to make this follower adoptable
Poet Follower

I thought I'd give her Lucia's ai package and faction list and it would work. I got her to move to the area that Lucia usually wanders, and she did some of the dialogue that Lucia does, but I am unable to interact with her to offer to adopt her. I'm not sure what else I could possibly add beyond what I already did.

Anybody know what I'm missing? I'm guessing it's some dialogue tree that she needs but I'm not sure where that would be located. I even tried copying everything over from Lucia but her base data but that didn't work either.

I'd like to be able to keep her as a follower and make her adoptable at the same time.

I thought I'd give her Lucia's ai package and faction list and it would work.

Adoptable kids will stop using their default AI packages once adopted and start using the AI packages of the aliases for adopted kids.

I am unable to interact with her to offer to adopt her.

First, it would be a good idea to edit the NPC using the CK or TES5Edit and add the NPC into BYOHRelationshipAdoptableFaction with faction rank -1 (=255) and then while in the game, try adding the NPC into BYOHRelationshipAdoptableFaction (xx004290 where xx is the order of Hearthfire) with faction rank 3 (setfactionrank xx004290 3). This should give the NPC the dialogue option to be adopted.

Editor ID: BYOHRelationshipAdoptableFaction

Form ID: xx004290

Ranks

0 Adoptable, not met

1 Adoptable, met

2 Urchin, not met

3 Urchin, met

10 Orphanage, standard

11 Orphanage, standard, no matron

12 Orphanage, generic

13 Orphanage, generic, no matron

14 Orphanage, generic, not yet adoptable

25 Adopted

(You may want to try other faction ranks, but 3 definitely works, as I use that in my game as well).

However, once adopted, the NPC may stop following you and go to their (your) home as the AI package for the adopted kid alias may override their "follower" package.

I'd like to be able to keep her as a follower and make her adoptable at the same time.

That may not work as you'd expect.

Archived