Zombies - The Forum Game

NUnknown

Zombies - The Forum Game

Introduction

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to the intriguing forum game of murder and mystery. I am honored to bring to you a game believed by many to be the best forum game of all times! Go grab some snacks and come sit and listen while I explain to you the marvel that is Zombies.

In Zombies, you embark into a world where each player fulfills a role in an epic story handed down to the humanity by the gods themselves. Your decisions and actions are the building blocks used to construct and shape the world. It is a game that can pit you against your comrades or team you up with your friends. It brings enemies together and breaks friendships apart. It is what the youth cherishes and the old adores. It is the addictive hobby you no-lifers crave. It is the sole reason you busy people find time for. It is the miracle of the century! It cures sicknesses and brings the dead back to life! Lo and behold! Zombies!

Alright then, enough with the hype. Hope you enjoyed the read. Now head to the "Rules" section and learn how to play.

Rules: How to play

At the start of the game, each player is randomly assigned a role from the list of possible roles provided in the "Roles" section.
Each role can have special abilities which is also explained in the "Roles" section.
Once you are notified of your role (You'll receive a private message from me), you act accordingly.

The game is divided into 2 alternating phases: "Day" and "Night".

On the days, players openly discuss and express their ideas, thoughts, and suspicions in this thread. The goal is for the zombies to remain hidden and frame normal villagers as zombies, and for the normal villagers to identify and eliminate the zombies. During the day, each player who is still not eliminated, zombie and human alike, can vote to select another player for being lynched. The player who receives the most votes at the end of the day will immediately get lynched.
To make my life easier, VOTING TO LYNCH SOMEONE IS ALWAYS DONE BY POSTING THEIR NAME IN RED! There is no exception to this rule: If you fail to do this, your vote won't count. Likewise, if you do post someone's name in red, it does count as your vote for the day regardless of what your original intention might have been. KINDLY REFRAIN FROM POSTING ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR VOTES IN RED.
Even after you vote for someone, you can still revoke your vote and vote for someone else. BUT YOU MUST CLEARLY STATE (STILL IN RED) THAT YOU ARE CHANGING YOUR VOTE FROM PERSON A TO PERSON B.
There is an special rule only for the first day (Day #1) : You can vote NOT to lynch anybody on that day (ALSO IN RED). Note this is different from voting for nobody. This is opposing the voting system altogether for the first day.

Example for the first day: 2 players vote not to kill anybody. 1 player votes to kill another player. 1 player decides not to vote at all. Results in nobody getting killed. But if those 2 players didn't vote, somebody would die.

When the night falls, while there is no rule to prevent you from posting here, there is also no mechanism associated with the thread. This means no voting or anything else is going on in the thread. Just pure optional discussion.

What you can do at night depends on your role. If your role has access to special abilities available at nights, you can send a private message to me notifying me of your target(s) and your decisions will be taken into account.

The game keeps alternating between days and nights until one faction totally obliterates all the opposing faction members.

There are some things I would like to point out or emphasize here:

• I fulfill the role of god, moderator, narrator or whatever the hell you want to name it, in this game.
  • I reserve the right to do anything I want at any time I want within the boundaries of this game. By playing here you are accepting this.
  • If you breach the rules of the game, expect divine intervention to happen, canceling out what you did. In most cases also eliminating you from the game.
  • I will try to be fair and try not to interfere with how the game is supposed to be played.
  • Communications between players outside this thread is not only not prohibited, but also encouraged. Use your relations, wits, charms, and social skills in private messages or elsewhere to turn the tides in your favor.
  • Screenshoting, copy/pasting, forwarding, or doing anything else that would result in other players being able to see my private message to you is strictly forbidden. It is called "private" message for a reason.
  • As stated over and over again, voting is done only in red.
  • If you are not sure if something is against the rules or not, chances are it is probably against the rules but feel free to ask me in private to make sure.
  • Day and night phases end and switch whenever I have the time to conclude your actions and write a story. Each usually lasts 1-2 days. Never less than 24 hours.
  • At the start of every phase, I provide a small story to summarize what happened in the last phase and to set the theme. Within these stories might lie hidden clues to the identity of the bad guys. This is intended to feed you some information to talk about on the days, making the game more interesting and lowering the amount of wild-guessing. So stay sharp and pay close attention to small details. The closer a faction is to being eliminated, the more stories should be expected to be written in their favor (Less clues or maybe even small throw-offs if the bad guys are losing | More obvious clues if the good guys are losing).

Roles: The List

To be added soon.

Participants:

If you wish to participate in round 1, sign up by posting here stating so.

Talos be with you.

You know I'm just gonna sit back and watch the first phase to see how it goes first and then still be confused.

It is a lot simpler than it sounds. Also once the game starts no one can join until the game is ended and a new game is started. That is bound to take a while.

Guest MonsterFish

You know I'm just gonna sit back and watch the first phase to see how it goes first and then still be confused.

It is a lot simpler than it sounds. Also once the game starts no one can join until the game is ended and a new game is started. That is bound to take a while.

Basically what I meant.

But my issue is how does this play out? If say someone was zombie B and they bit person A, people are able to see that on the thread and they could easily say 'Just as person B bites person A, I come around the corner and see them'. Meta or no, it's still something that CAN happen and you as a person couldn't say 'No, that wouldn't happen.' It absolutely could happen. So say you take this to private messages, what exactly is the point. This whole thread devolves into a simplistic form of 'I think person A is a zombie but person B is acting erratically'. To the outside perspective, that's all you're seeing.

Uhh no no players don't narrate the story directly. I do.

They only discuss things here on the thread and vote during the day.

Like for example if in the previous night's story I said that MonsterFish was slain by a zombie with a sword, the next day Dr would notice the clue (the sword on my avatar) and try to convince everybody that the sword was a clue to NUnknown's avatar, therefore NUnknown should be a zombie. If they get convinced, they'll vote and kill me. Yay one less zombie for the rest of the game. Though don't expect clues to be so obvious. This was just an educative example. :D

And an example on the zombie side: Zombie A will messages me during the night and tells me that he wants to bite Person B. I'll make some story about it, maybe add some clues, and mix the story together with other people's actions for the night, and post the story here. The next day people wake up and discuss the story or the night actions blah blah. And vote to kill. Then night again -> day again -> night again -> ... -> the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived