CBBE Armors ported from Skyrim Mods

Since this is kinda related and I had asked earlier how you went about porting armors I had a question. Gonna sound noobish (cause I am really) but i'm having a hard time here.

Got 3 different armors from skyrim mods. Trying to port them but I'm getting stuck trying to convert them to new nif format. Here's my process so far:

1. Open 3DS with empty project.
  2. Import an existing FO4 mesh using the FO4 type in the nif import window (I'm using vault suit, but have tried CBBE base body)
  3. Delete mesh(es) and leave skeleton.
  4. (Based on guide posted earlier linking to a PDF on nexus) control-a to select all.
  5. Import armor I want to convert unchecking skeleton (have tried importing as skyrim, fo3, and fo4 types)
  6. Export as FO4 type.

At this point is my problem. I usually get some generic error that says "Unknown Error". Sometimes I'll get one that says I have to select a bone. Am I missing a step somewhere?

I didn't think there was 3DS support yet, that might be the problem, but in the meantime You can do it without.  I will write up the full summary here, if you need me to clarify or have questions.  Just ask.

1. Open Nif file of armor you want to use in Fallout in NifSkope

2.  Click on each part you want to use and under file, export as Obj.

3.  Open Outfit Studio and select new project Skyrim CBBE to F04 CBBE

4.  Import all Obj's you exported from nifskope

5.  They will not be sized right so select all of them (not the reference body) and scale down to 0.1 and then move the z axis -120

6.  The armor should now be roughly on the body.

7.  Select all objects and select copy bone weights and under slider select conform all.  move Skyrim to FO4 slider all the way to the right, the base shape should change pose.

8.  Under slider, select Set Base Shape

9.  Now under file select load reference and select CBBE

10.  Use tools on top bar to inflate and deflate the outfit until it covers the reference body, this is where you are setting the shape of the body outfit as it will be in game.

11.  When done adjusting armor,  "set base shape" again and "conform all" again under sliders.  Test sliders to make sure there is no clipping when using extreme settings.

12.  Export Nif with reference.  Don't save project yet.

13.  Make your textures.  You'll need the diffuse map, normal map and specular map.  (There are guides out there on how to do this, but I can expand more if you have questions.)

14.  Open material editor and create new material.  You will need a material for every texture you need.  Not bad if you have 1 or 2 textures, annoying if you have 10.

15.  All you really need to do for material editor is on the second tab 'material'  add the link to the 3 files for each texture.  save them all in the material tab.  

16.  Open nifskope with the model you exported earlier, on each part of the outfit  nif, add the material path to the material you just created in BSLightningShaderProperty and then add the textures to the BSShaderTextureSet.  Diffuse map goes in the first texture subgroup, normal map in the second, and the specular map in the eighth.  (Check CBBE body for reference)

17.  Save Nif and open again in Outfit studio, it should now have textures.

18.  Under File, load reference again, select CBBE.  This will open a second CBBE body ref.  Select your original CBBE body and make it your reference.  erase the second CBBE model.  "Conform all" again.

NOTE:  This step is weird because I found that when I reloaded the nif, I would lose the sliders, this gets them back.  Test sliders, make sure outfit moves with body.

19.  Save as new project.   This should give you bodysliders for your new outfit.

20.  Now you can open bodyslide, select your new outfit and load whatever your preset is.  Build and adjust in outfit studio if you need to fix clipping.

This is what I do.  It was a lot of trial and error.  There might be redundant steps, it might not be the way you do it, but it works for me and as I have already uploaded 8 conversions where this method has worked for me, I am happy with it.

I had to read this several times But I actually managed to port an armor into Fallout. My problem is the textures. How did you get the proper texture files created. The mod I used from skyrim had only a dds, and a _n.dds file.

Edit. I kinda get nifskope but im not sure im doing the textures part right in that area either.

I had to read this several times But I actually managed to port an armor into Fallout. My problem is the textures. How did you get the proper texture files created. The mod I used from skyrim had only a dds, and a _n.dds file.

Edit. I kinda get nifskope but im not sure im doing the textures part right in that area either.

That's all you really need. The _n is typically the normal map (unless it's weirdly named). The regular is typically the diffuse map. You don't *have* to have a specular and they don't *have* to be in the new format. Though I've heard that if the normal/specular aren't then the new wet effect when it's raining doesn't show up. It had something to do with additional layers or something. I'm not a texture artist and don't pretend to be.

I've been using the skyrim dds files untouched for every conversion I've been doing and they've all been fine. It's primarily about setting up the material file properly.

That's all you really need. The _n is typically the normal map (unless it's weirdly named). The regular is typically the diffuse map. You don't *have* to have a specular and they don't *have* to be in the new format. Though I've heard that if the normal/specular aren't then the new wet effect when it's raining doesn't show up. It had something to do with additional layers or something. I'm not a texture artist and don't pretend to be.

I've been using the skyrim dds files untouched for every conversion I've been doing and they've all been fine. It's primarily about setting up the material file properly.

That's good info Thank you. I did some perusing earlier and stumbled across a video from a modder here who used Normal map online to generate the ( _s. dds) file. But you have to have something to turn the main .dds file into a PNG first, create the smooth file, then turn that file into a .dds. I use Visual studio. 

Some back story, I followed the instructions between the post from here and got my conversion into the game (it was raining too), and my clothing looked like glass.  The video got me the site for creating the missing tex files and once I plugged that into material editor, bam! Skyrim test port complete. I did ASX dancer one of Aradia's mods.

post-645422-0-68361000-1454310526_thumb.png

It might only be me but changes done in bodyslide to the Babydoll outfit doesn't work.

This is correct.  I don't think the bodyslide files were set up using the correct body as the base.  The meshes being made by it are too skinny.  Maybe it was based off the petite body.

Thanks for porting these.  They're cool outfits.  Here's the AE version of your plugin.  I cleaned up some unnecessary keywords, nerfed the DR on the casual outfits to 5, balanced the crafting recipes with added ingredients and perk requirements, set Jill's Hat to be the mesh for the male version as well (it worked fine with no tweaking) and integrated the Faith outfit.CUSTOM ARMORS.esp

If you're still taking requests, I'd like to see the Black Talon Armor.

Also are you able to port a mesh from New Vegas using the same method?

The project file for babydoll builds the output to the wrong directory. So unless you move it manually, or re-save the project to output to the correct place, the built nif doesn't get used.

There's some issue with it also, when I try to load the project to edit. It freezes up Outfit Studio saying loading textures. If I just load the nif directly it freezes saying loading nif.

It might only be me but changes done in bodyslide to the Babydoll outfit doesn't work.

This is correct.  I don't think the bodyslide files were set up using the correct body as the base.  The meshes being made by it are too skinny.  Maybe it was based off the petite body.

Thanks for porting these.  They're cool outfits.  Here's the AE version of your plugin.  I cleaned up some unnecessary keywords, nerfed the DR on the casual outfits to 5, balanced the crafting recipes with added ingredients and perk requirements, set Jill's Hat to be the mesh for the male version as well (it worked fine with no tweaking) and integrated the Faith outfit.attachicon.gifCUSTOM ARMORS.esp

If you're still taking requests, I'd like to see the Black Talon Armor.

Also are you able to port a mesh from New Vegas using the same method?

See above note about babydoll.

Thanks for the updated esp. Will be using that instead of the one I've posted before. I just got lazy and never bothered to tweak it up.

The black talon you're referring to is http://mods247.blogspot.com/2014/02/blacktalon-armor-for-unp.html ? If so which style were you wanting? Or all?

Yea doing FONV meshes is basically the same. Tho, maybe not requiring the arm morphing. I haven't tried one yet. As long as you can export the meshes to OBJ they can be dealt with.

Thanks for the Babydoll tip I found it.

As far as the Black Talon armor I like all the parts, but if I had to choose just one outfit's worth

I'd choose top #4

frontbl.jpg

and bottom #2

boots.jpg

and arms #1

side.jpg

And good to know about the FNV meshes.  I'll have to give it a try and see if I can port the two outfit meshes and 2 tactical vest meshes from one of my old mods.  I'd like to add these outfits to AE and if I don't have to start from scratch even better.

Well on porting a FNV mesh I got as far as step 7 before it went off the rails because the pose didn't change properly.

49257-0-1454518492.jpg

One thing you could try is using gerra tools (pose converter and mesh rigger) to transform the pose from fo3/fnv's to skyrim's then rig the mesh to a proper skyrim skeleton and then just doing a simple conversion from skyrim to fo4 in outfit studio. The problem with the pose conversion slider is that rather than simply changing the pose it morphs the whole body, making conversions from cbbe to cbbe extremely easy, but almost impossible for other bodies.

Well on porting a FNV mesh I got as far as step 7 before it went off the rails because the pose didn't change properly.

49257-0-1454518492.jpg

One thing you could try is using gerra tools (pose converter and mesh rigger) to transform the pose from fo3/fnv's to skyrim's then rig the mesh to a proper skyrim skeleton and then just doing a simple conversion from skyrim to fo4 in outfit studio. The problem with the pose conversion slider is that rather than simply changing the pose it morphs the whole body, making conversions from cbbe to cbbe extremely easy, but almost impossible for other bodies.

Something I've found when using the morphing, and it depends on the piece you're morphing, is it can severely deform it.

Example:

Skrim original

post-516911-0-79818400-1454540165_thumb.png

Morphed. And slightly edited to move it forward out of the body.

post-516911-0-47005300-1454540168_thumb.png

This isn't my mesh, and I haven't been able to get a hold of the author, so I'm not sure I'll be releasing it. To resolve the issue of the horrible morphing I'm currently working on just taking the skyrim original and manually moving it in 3ds to line it up better. As well moving vertices around manually where needed. It's not great and it's very time consuming since I'm not super familiar with 3ds.

This also causes issue with BodySlide morphing.

So, I took a look at the BlackTalon armor. Pants and belt were easy.

post-516911-0-68845000-1454552243_thumb.jpg

Started looking at boots and freaked out. They're high heels. I have no idea how to deal with that. For the claire redfield one I just cut off the foot so it's invisible and doesn't clip through the shoe. But the heels on that outfit were very short. This has something like 3inch heels. I don't know of any way to angle the foot, and unless I make it a single equippable piece with a body mesh (so I can chop off the foot) I'm not sure how to do it.

Any suggestions?

On a slightly different note, does anyone know what the material file equivalent to "Glossiness" in Nifskope is?

That's why we picked slot 33 for footwear for separates.  So people could make high heels that had the body mesh in the nif, so they could do things like cut off the foot to make the heeled shoes look right.

Although I think there will be the issue of either the knee down part of the leg looking short or the bottom of the shoes clipping into the ground, until we get something like hdt high heels.

That's why we picked slot 33 for footwear for separates.  So people could make high heels that had the body mesh in the nif, so they could do things like cut off the foot to make the heeled shoes look right.

Although I think there will be the issue of either the knee down part of the leg looking short or the bottom of the shoes clipping into the ground, until we get something like hdt high heels.

I made a test full body piece. Let me know what you think about the boots and such. The animation weights are a bit messed up on the top. I couldn't figure that out. 

BlackTalon-WIP.rar

If you are playing around with conversions, this armor seems like it would actually fit fairly well: Mercenary Armor from Immersive Armors.

I mean, in Fallout terms it would be a mix of Leather and Metal armors, made of rad-stag/brahmin hide and reclaimed steel plates. I wish I had some idea how to convert this kind of stuff, maybe try it myself.

post-1305-0-23333900-1454706522_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If you are playing around with conversions, this armor seems like it would actually fit fairly well: Mercenary Armor from Immersive Armors.

I mean, in Fallout terms it would be a mix of Leather and Metal armors, made of rad-stag/brahmin hide and reclaimed steel plates. I wish I had some idea how to convert this kind of stuff, maybe try it myself.

Just wanted to point out. Gloves are A PAIN IN THE ASS! Sorry for yelling but I've been trying to do a set for 3 days now. At the point of giving up

@Gambit77, still a WIP but I got the weight painting fixed.

post-516911-0-22491400-1455441956_thumb.jpg

The boots are proving problematic. I can make it modular swappable so it only takes 1 biped but I have to build the base with the body & boots. Otherwise It's a matter of setting up an outfit and just have everything thrown together.

The one on the left is a single nif with all the outfit built together. The other 3 are completely modular selectable pieces on one biped.

**Edit: Small issue with using body replacer on boot equip. Get funky discoloration. It doesn't tint the body properly unless the body is on the main nif loaded on biped 33 it seems. Was using an empty nif with connection point, then a mod slot to load full body if no boots, and cut off feet if modded with boots. Option might be to make 2 craftable bases, one with boots, one without and place the body on those.

Since this is kinda related and I had asked earlier how you went about porting armors I had a question. Gonna sound noobish (cause I am really) but i'm having a hard time here.

Got 3 different armors from skyrim mods. Trying to port them but I'm getting stuck trying to convert them to new nif format. Here's my process so far:

2. Import an existing FO4 mesh using the FO4 type in the nif import window (I'm using vault suit, but have tried CBBE base body)
  4. (Based on guide posted earlier linking to a PDF on nexus) control-a to select all.
  5. Import armor I want to convert unchecking skeleton (have tried importing as skyrim, fo3, and fo4 types)
  6. Export as FO4 type.

At this point is my problem. I usually get some generic error that says "Unknown Error". Sometimes I'll get one that says I have to select a bone. Am I missing a step somewhere?

I didn't think there was 3DS support yet, that might be the problem, but in the meantime You can do it without.  I will write up the full summary here, if you need me to clarify or have questions.  Just ask.

5.  They will not be sized right so select all of them (not the reference body) and scale down to 0.1 and then move the z axis -120

7.  Select all objects and select copy bone weights and under slider select conform all.  move Skyrim to FO4 slider all the way to the right, the base shape should change pose.

10.  Use tools on top bar to inflate and deflate the outfit until it covers the reference body, this is where you are setting the shape of the body outfit as it will be in game.

11.  When done adjusting armor,  "set base shape" again and "conform all" again under sliders.  Test sliders to make sure there is no clipping when using extreme settings.

13.  Make your textures.  You'll need the diffuse map, normal map and specular map.  (There are guides out there on how to do this, but I can expand more if you have questions.)

14.  Open material editor and create new material.  You will need a material for every texture you need.  Not bad if you have 1 or 2 textures, annoying if you have 10.

15.  All you really need to do for material editor is on the second tab 'material'  add the link to the 3 files for each texture.  save them all in the material tab.  

16.  Open nifskope with the model you exported earlier, on each part of the outfit  nif, add the material path to the material you just created in BSLightningShaderProperty and then add the textures to the BSShaderTextureSet.  Diffuse map goes in the first texture subgroup, normal map in the second, and the specular map in the eighth.  (Check CBBE body for reference)

18.  Under File, load reference again, select CBBE.  This will open a second CBBE body ref.  Select your original CBBE body and make it your reference.  erase the second CBBE model.  "Conform all" again.

NOTE:  This step is weird because I found that when I reloaded the nif, I would lose the sliders, this gets them back.  Test sliders, make sure outfit moves with body.

19.  Save as new project.   This should give you bodysliders for your new outfit.

20.  Now you can open bodyslide, select your new outfit and load whatever your preset is.  Build and adjust in outfit studio if you need to fix clipping.

This is what I do.  It was a lot of trial and error.  There might be redundant steps, it might not be the way you do it, but it works for me and as I have already uploaded 8 conversions where this method has worked for me, I am happy with it.

Hi, thx for ur instraction. I tryu to convert another skyrim clothes, all is probably good. But how can I get it into game to test? Finally, can I create esp ir smth?

6. Export as FO4 type.

Hi, thx for ur instraction. I tryu to convert another skyrim clothes, all is probably good. But how can I get it into game to test? Finally, can I create esp ir smth?

For creating an ESP to use an item in game try my tutorial on youtube.

I've been using the babydoll outfit and love it. The only thing is that there is no panty. I've tried various mods that add wearable panties, but they clip the armor. Is it possible to have a pantied version or a panty mod that works well with this?

Thanks.

Just wanted to point out. Gloves are A PAIN IN THE ASS! Sorry for yelling but I've been trying to do a set for 3 days now. At the point of giving up

I gave up trying to do fingers in Blender.

So I just set up gloves / hands from FO4 and retexture them.

Example with my Cyborg Ninja here

3q8QBGG.jpg

Guest victorddp

I gave up trying to do fingers in Blender.

So I just set up gloves / hands from FO4 and retexture them.

Example with my Cyborg Ninja here

3q8QBGG.jpg

Top, reminds me to the Chinese stealth armor of F3.

Archived