CBBE Armors ported from Skyrim Mods

Wow ok. So lots of stuff since I last checked. I've tried this load old nif from skyrim in OS then load reference but bad luck.

I load OS empty, then use Load Outfit and pick the nif and hit OK.

I then get a long list detailing about "Invalid bones" stating they're not found in the reference skeleton. Is this what's supposed to happen?

I then click ok and ignore it and proceed to load a reference body. I've tried the Skyrim CBBE to FO4 CBBE and the reference body loads underneath the outfit. Is this supposed to happen?

At this point i'm stuck because they don't really line up.

If i use the move for a z-axis -120 it overlays pretty close. I can then conform and use the sliders as normal. Is this what I'm supposed to be doing?

I haven't had a chance to try in game yet as I'm not at home and doing this all remotely.

Yes, nothing bad should happen when you ignore the missing bones.

And yes, there is an offset of -120 between Skrim and Fallout 4 body origin.

I'm still having issues with getting models to work.

Here's what I got.

• Open Outfit Studio.
  • Loaded up the outfit. Click past all the msgs about bones.
  • Load the reference Skyrim to FO4.
  • Move the imported mesh down -120 to lineup.
  • Select all except reference. Copy bone weights.
  • Conform sliders. Flip slider to full.
  • Export nif with reference.

At this point I load it up in NifSkope just to review and it looks good. 

post-516911-0-39126400-1452404730_thumb.pngpost-516911-0-46300800-1452404728_thumb.png

I tried adding material data to the nif as well as without further changes and the same result.

When I load in game it looks like this.

post-516911-0-90024000-1452404595_thumb.png

Did I miss something? Is this model just not compatible with this method?

I tested only replacing the nif in the data folder with a copy of another mod's nif that was working and when equipping the armor piece created by my plugin I do in fact get the appropriate model. So it has to do with the nif i'm generating. I made appropriate material files starting with someone else's as a base just replacing the texture names as appropriate.

I also tried another piece using exactly the same steps with the same game result.
post-516911-0-99112400-1452405506_thumb.pngpost-516911-0-77104000-1452405159_thumb.png

Then I tried using 3DS to import the nif as Skyrim. Then immediately export as Fallout 4. Then repeat above steps. After exporting the nif I load Nifskope and assign the material file to the outfit node. Now this time instead of the funky red box in game I get a nude body. If I delete the reference body I then get empty space instead. Something is causing the outfit texture to not show up/be alpha transparent.

I haven't done a lot of testing trying the export to OBJ then import, yada yada method. Worth investigating or is there some simple thing I'm missing?

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Should I stop trying?

I'm still having issues with getting models to work.

Here's what I got.

• Open Outfit Studio.
  • Loaded up the outfit. Click past all the msgs about bones.
  • Load the reference Skyrim to FO4.
  • Move the imported mesh down -120 to lineup.
  • Select all except reference. Copy bone weights.
  • Conform sliders. Flip slider to full.
  • Export nif with reference.

At this point I load it up in NifSkope just to review and it looks good. 

attachicon.gifOS.pngattachicon.gifnifskope.png

I tried adding material data to the nif as well as without further changes and the same result.

When I load in game it looks like this.

Did I miss something? Is this model just not compatible with this method?

I tested only replacing the nif in the data folder with a copy of another mod's nif that was working and when equipping the armor piece created by my plugin I do in fact get the appropriate model. So it has to do with the nif i'm generating. I made appropriate material files starting with someone else's as a base just replacing the texture names as appropriate.

I also tried another piece using exactly the same steps with the same game result.

Then I tried using 3DS to import the nif as Skyrim. Then immediately export as Fallout 4. Then repeat above steps. After exporting the nif I load Nifskope and assign the material file to the outfit node. Now this time instead of the funky red box in game I get a nude body. If I delete the reference body I then get empty space instead. Something is causing the outfit texture to not show up/be alpha transparent.

I haven't done a lot of testing trying the export to OBJ then import, yada yada method. Worth investigating or is there some simple thing I'm missing?

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Should I stop trying?

The top one, the objects are still nitrishape.  They need to be BSSubindextrishape.  The bottom one might be missing material or textures in nifskope.  I tried the technique where you just import the skyrim models into outfit studio, and again it didn't work for me.  Try the method I wrote earlier, that has worked for me everytime.

It's probably something on my side, still: When I equip your wonderful armors, the boobs come in different sizes. That's quite noticable wih the Spartan Harness. Any idea what went wrong?

The armors are built for a specific body size. You have to use outfit studio to export one for your particular size. Then it'll match up with other stuff properly. Since most of the armors in the pack here do not contain any body data and are just overlay pieces they rely on your base body (or body inserted by another armor piece. i.e. something that takes the body armor slot) to fit into it properly.

I personally have 3 pre-sets that I use depending on what looks best for someone's armor. Some look strange and distorted due to oblong vertex stretching in some cases. Then I generally use something a bit closer to the original shape. Unless I feel like going in and tweaking the model myself which I'm too lazy to do most of the time. Your pictures are a prime example. The middle one looks like literal torpedos. Not my personal taste.

For you there's 2 basic options. Do a batch build (or individual) of the armors from this pack that you want to use. Fitting them to the same slider pre-set you used for that other harness. Or redo the other harness to one used for these pieces. I think CBBE curvy?

It's probably something on my side, still: When I equip your wonderful armors, the boobs come in different sizes. That's quite noticable wih the Spartan Harness. Any idea what went wrong?

The armors are built for a specific body size. You have to use outfit studio to export one for your particular size. Then it'll match up with other stuff properly. Since most of the armors in the pack here do not contain any body data and are just overlay pieces they rely on your base body (or body inserted by another armor piece. i.e. something that takes the body armor slot) to fit into it properly.

For you there's 2 basic options. Do a batch build (or individual) of the armors from this pack that you want to use. Fitting them to the same slider pre-set you used for that other harness. Or redo the other harness to one used for these pieces. I think CBBE curvy?

Ah damn. That means I have to learn how to use Outfit Studio. And I don't even know what a Batch build is. I'll just wait for someone to make this auto-compatible like the other stuff.

Thanks though.

Just downloaded and tested it, and there was a gap.  Used the bodyslider tools for the spartan harness and it shrunk the gap a bit, but some still remained.

The top one, the objects are still nitrishape.  They need to be BSSubindextrishape.  The bottom one might be missing material or textures in nifskope.  I tried the technique where you just import the skyrim models into outfit studio, and again it didn't work for me.  Try the method I wrote earlier, that has worked for me everytime.

I tried a little with the obj export/import method and for the most part got it working. Outfit Studio is still complaining about unweighted vertices tho. And frankly I don't know how to fix that. Or what it means exactly. It did cause the back of the spartan outfit to have wiggling wings when I walk. Will have to find a better texture than the one that was in the original mod. It's 512x512  :( tga. I had to convert to DDS.

On another note do you know of a way to only change the arm pose from skyrim to fallout? the rest of the morph distorts the model something horrific. I'm testing out only importing some pieces, conform, use slider, then import the rest so they're unaffected.

I tried a little with the obj export/import method and for the most part got it working. Outfit Studio is still complaining about unweighted vertices tho. And frankly I don't know how to fix that. Or what it means exactly. It did cause the back of the spartan outfit to have wiggling wings when I walk. Will have to find a better texture than the one that was in the original mod. It's 512x512  :( tga. I had to convert to DDS.

On another note do you know of a way to only change the arm pose from skyrim to fallout? the rest of the morph distorts the model something horrific. I'm testing out only importing some pieces, conform, use slider, then import the rest so they're unaffected.

Try  selecting the meshes and  (copy bone weights > build skin partitions)

So still working on this, but it's going to be my Curie replacer based off the Oblivion Nyx Armor mod.  Was having a ton of problems with the hands, so I gave up and now she's wearing gloves...

Once I work out the rest of the bugs I will upload it as well.

Killer work, looking forward to it. Hope to see a player armor version of it as well. I wouldn't request anything too intensive, multi-piece or anything, but a single equipable would be great.

excuse me, if you dont mind, can you accept the some of CBBE conversion suggestion?

- Nanban do Gusoku - Japanese Southern Barbarian Armor - CBBE Bodyslide

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33289/?

Not that many people will actually follow the permissions as stated on Nexus. I'm trying to remain a "good guy" per se. So maybe you'd want to msg that guy and ask him to change his stance on allowing his models to be ported.

Anyone knows if a mesh loses transparency when you export as .obj ?

Yes it will (among other things). But you can easily re-add it with NifSkope or Outfit Studio. You will need to add textures nonetheless (not necessarily to the nif but I recommend adding them to the nif because Outfit Studio currently ignores the material files), while you're at it adding transparency is just a single additional mouse click.

For people that are still trying to figure out converting from skyrim to FO4.

Once you convert the shape in outfit studio from the skyrim CBBE to FO4 CBBE.

Do a set base shape, delete all bone weights, and export the select meshes as an FBX format (basically an object format with UV mapping).

Then clear the outfit out complete in Outfit Studio, load the FO4 CBBE reference then import the FBX format in.

Copy weight paints and export as a nif file.

Open the new nif in Nifscope and see if everything shows up correctly.

The FBX format looks to contain. Bone weights, UV map, and mesh object file (maybe more I'm not sure).

I've been tinkering with Maya 2016 for the last day or so and going thru the different steps that Nightasy has posted in the "FO4 Creating Custom Outfits and Armors" Tutorial.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7601/?

One of the things I've been tinkering with is trying do selected smoothing on certain areas of meshes (like low poly tops) so they will bend better around the chest section when morphed in bodyslide to different presets (still new to playing around in Maya).

Doing that is mainly converting the triangles to quads, then selecting the quads in the area you want to add to, then apply smoothing said area to double the quad count, double check the uv map and make sure it updates without breaking, then convert the mesh back to triangles and exporting as an fbx file (as there is currently no FO4 nif export for Maya (there is a skyrim Nif import/export option for maya but that leaves the mesh in the wrong pose with the wrong skeleton).

But anyhow...

Yeah try exporting to FBX the meshes once you have them converted from skyrim to FO4 in Bodyslide and then clear out the outfit swap the reference and load the fbx check for clipping, copy the fo4 cbbe body into the outfit if needed and export nif then check in nifskope.... or something like that.

TEST TEST TEST

Naughty Elf test (FO4).7z

post-321913-0-65678500-1452553235_thumb.jpg

This is the Skyrim UN7B Elf Veil outfit converted to UUNP/CBBE shape then converted to FO4 shape.

Then exported in an FBX format from Outfit Studio...

Then loaded into Maya and weight painted with abWeightLifter (one of the tools from Nightasy tutorial) to the FO4 CBBE weights.

Then exported back out in a FBX format.

Then loaded back into Outfit Studio, exported as a nif file

Then I created as set of bgsm files to point in the nif that point to the textures(go figure that shit).

Then opened nif in nifskope (set material and texture path) and saved nif....

Then loaded back into outfit studio, loaded the cbbe reference, set base shape, conform to all, checked sliders for clipping saved project as.

Then Packed up as a test...

A couple of things are needed for this.

1. Create an ESP file to call the nif's in game (yeah I need to learn that FO4Edit esp creation crap)

2. convert the normal maps from skyrim to fo4 (I only have paint.net and gimp and I'm not sure how to convert a skyrim normal to a fo4 normal, been busy reading up on nif conversions).

3. Find the creator of the outfit and get permission to release a FO4 conversion....

Do what you will with this test, if someone wants to finish it... then by all means do so.

It loads in game. An easy way to check it in game without an ESP is by using your mesh and moving it the Raiders folder then rename it Raider04f.nif. Load the game and equip the Harness and it should show your outfit.

The side skirts look fine btw, they may need some havok physics but that is something that needs the GECK.

Good job on it.

Archived