Will Oblvion Work on Windows 8.1?

CrisG9

I am going to install all of the PK Lovers files again, after several years away, my install of Oblvion is seven years old and working flawlessly. I do not currently have Bash or BAIN installed but will probably get them before entering into PK world but wanted to ask here if anyone knows if OB works well on Windows 8.1 or if there are problems.? i have a lot more roon on my 8.1 system than my XP SP3 system so could do more. I plan to work on major mods includng a large city mod i will be releasing a PK versoin of, that adds an entire new city, 120 scripted NPCs, a custom Tavern and 200 books of Lore for new characters  but need a stable base to start from.

any adivce on this very welcome

Cris

Don't know about Win8.1 sine I don;t have it, but it is fine on Win7. Only thing I did was to set most of my exe files to use/run as XP. Oblivion is an old game so older settings seem to be a bit more optimal, including CS or CS/E. I think it has something to do with memory usage and or mapping in XP vs newer versions of Windows.

wonderful thank you both. that will help focus my work on the new system which has a lot more room very much appreciate the help.

the only thing better on the old XP is the folder format files and icons for files and their content are much easier to deal with on the old style, not sure if that can be replicated on 8.1 but i know 8.1 will be better for dealing with a large install, mine is over 28 GB without adding in the additonal content of PK Lovers, and related mods. thanks again for the advice on this. and I may try that XP compat setting too that makes good sense.

I am not going near 10 so 8.1 will be the happy home for this work.

Archived