X-COM 2

Koko.Hekmatyar

So is there anyone else who can't wait for this to come out? I absolutely loved X-COM Enemy Unknown/Within so this game being a direct sequel to that really gets me pumped.

X-Com 2

Yep, me too.

I'm especially intrigued about the modding capabilities Firaxis has promised. Even new missions, campaigns and soldier types should be possible according to them. I look forward at what the guys from the Long War mod will be able to deliver with that kind of tools.

Hell, maybe even something that is loverslab worthy (and I don't mean nudeskins... those are already possible anyway, and NOT worthy :P ).

Best regards

Kalderon

The remake of X-COM Enemy Unknown by them was quite good but i don't think it was anywhere near as good as the original enemy unknown/terror from the deep or my all time favorite x-com apocalypse

Keep hoping someone will do an update to x-com apocalypse but i'll take a x-com 2 in the mean time

Absolutely loved Enemy Unknown/Within. Pre purchased already.

You should never pre purchase any game. You are giving the gaming companies an incentive to hand out a crappy product because they already have your money. Look at EA, they live off of using pre purchasing.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to X-com 2 as well, but I don't want to incentivizing companies to doing a money grab.

Half the budget to Battlefiend and CoD are marketing... No joke HALF! They create hype so you buy the game before you know better. Once you have it you realize that it is same as the last one, but they already have your money. Just think if they spent double the money in production!!!!

Absolutely loved Enemy Unknown/Within. Pre purchased already.

You should never pre purchase any game. You are giving the gaming companies an incentive to hand out a crappy product because they already have your money. Look at EA, they live off of using pre purchasing.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to X-com 2 as well, but I don't want to incentivizing companies to doing a money grab.

Half the budget to Battlefiend and CoD are marketing... No joke HALF! They create hype so you buy the game before you know better. Once you have it you realize that it is same as the last one, but they already have your money. Just think if they spent double the money in production!!!!

The company that makes the X-COM games is nothing like EA/Ubisoft and none of the games I've ever gotten from them was shoddy or disappointed me.

You are supporting a system. Just because one company doesn't exploit it, which is arguable, doesn't mean you aren't harming gaming as a whole. 2k games has exploited in the past, /cough Evolve.

IF you don't want to hear it from me, try the Cynical Brit... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y

Even though you are 99% sure it is going to be good, why not make sure that extra 1%, so you know for sure it is good. It doesn't cost you anything to wait. If it does like EA who removes content from games and gives it to people who pre-order then you shouldn't be buying their games anyways.

Well I will stop commenting on this. May the Gods protect 2k Games from greed!

You are supporting a system. Just because one company doesn't exploit it, which is arguable, doesn't mean you aren't harming gaming as a whole. 2k games has exploited in the past, /cough Evolve.

IF you don't want to hear it from me, try the Cynical Brit... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y

Even though you are 99% sure it is going to be good, why not make sure that extra 1%, so you know for sure it is good. It doesn't cost you anything to wait. If it does like EA who removes content from games and gives it to people who pre-order then you shouldn't be buying their games anyways.

Well I will stop commenting on this. May the Gods protect 2k Games from greed!

You're argument is that you shouldn't pre order from any game company because it gives them a reason to slack off and you site EA as an example. However, Lumping every game studio into the same category as large game publishers such as EA is just stupid.

If a company has never produced a game I've found disappointing or of shoddy workmanship why should I be cynical and choose to wait rather then to pre order?

If it's Ubisoft or EA You're right I never pre order from them because I know they are prone to releasing half finished or poorly optimized games but as I said I'm not going to mistrust every game studio just because those two have let me down in the past.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So is there anyone else who can't wait for this to come out? I absolutely loved X-COM Enemy Unknown/Within so this game being a direct sequel to that really gets me pumped.

X-Com 2

Yep, me too.

I'm especially intrigued about the modding capabilities Firaxis has promised. Even new missions, campaigns and soldier types should be possible according to them. I look forward at what the guys from the Long War mod will be able to deliver with that kind of tools.

Hell, maybe even something that is loverslab worthy (and I don't mean nudeskins... those are already possible anyway, and NOT worthy :P ).

Best regards

Kalderon

xXx-COM 2? X-CUM?

• 3 weeks later...

Preload when?

Release is Friday, so probably tomorrow.

Best regards

Kalderon

Its available now for me to pre-load, seems fairly large as well at 24.7 GB

Game is a lot bigger. Its estimated to be around 45g, what you downloaded right now are compressed steam files. It always works like this.

Most likely they cut some part of the game , because its pre-load. Which will be available to download later.

And yeah 22 more hours and we can start isis simulator.

Disappointed.

Turn limitation en mass => dashing forward hoping not to be insta-killed; and no tactical approach.
Bad design when it was supposed to be a tactical game.

Another game you need mods for to turn off or increase that turn limit..........why are developers so lazy these days.

Are we just too tolerant as consumers or are there too many fanboys and paid review sites swooning that developers actually think they do good?

The turn limit increase and removal is already out in Steam's Workshop mate.

Btw, keep in mind that save that has been loaded with certain mod CAN NOT be loaded again without that mod. So if you don't like some mod you can't remove it if you didn't had a back up of your save because you will ruin your save (or you are stuck with that mod forever).

Disappointed.

Turn limitation en mass => dashing forward hoping not to be insta-killed; and no tactical approach.

Another game you need mods for to turn off or increase that turn limit..........why are developers so lazy these days.

Are we just too tolerant as consumers or are there too many fanboys and paid review sites swooning that developers actually think they do good?

XCOM always was a Hardcore, small Fan based Round based tatic game. It was always hard and will always be. And I for myself do not want it any different. And if you actually think and keep all mechanics in mind you do not have a real problem with the difficulty (or at  least I do not have).

Disappointed.

Sounds like a good thing that I skipped it for now. ^^

But due to the hype and the awesome tools making it soooo much better than Beth games, it will be a sure buy for me soon™

Disappointed.

I've found it to have the opposite feel.  The turn limit in some missions requires more strategy and forethought since I need to think up the right moves to counter specific enemies without ruining things, if I just rushed straight ahead I could have my squad ambushed and killed outright. 

Most of the turn limits end after you've completed the main objective anyway letting you go ahead and kill the rest of the enemies.  The new mechanics are pretty fun either way, I think my only complaints the way you have to rely on RNG a bit too much with your initial base location and what penalties you get from dark events. 

Archived