Anybody remember what this sexy looking upcoming game was called?

afro-herbalist

I remember watching a trailer for a game a while back on youtube. I thought it was called something like Witches, but now when I look for it, I cant find anything. This was about half a year ago, so unless the games been cancelled due to it being just too damn sexy (and I cant see that being the case when we've got games like Bayonetta), then I've just completely forgotten the name.

Basically the trailers mostly show pure gameplay, which is of a 3rd person, 3-4 player action adventure, set in a medieval fantasy world, where you play as a group of women dressed in the most un-protective armour known to man, which is subsequently pretty f*cking sexy. I think orcs or some kind of mysoginistic goblins have taken over a city, and you have to take it back. Anyway, the graphics looked SICK, and the gameplay and combat looked nice and fluid too (something which I think is lacking in a lot of games except Creed, Bayonetta, Demons Souls, Soul Calibur and other games I cant think of right now).

I'm hoping this game hasn't been thrown down the drain, it was looking pretty promising. Maybe not as promising as the new Tomb Raider reboot, but definitely something worth checking out.

Anybody remember what this was called, I wanna update myself and get it as soon as I can!

Thanks

I remember now! It was called Witches, then they changed the name to Eternal Light. Game looks f*ckin SICK. Problem is, its been about 5 years since they started development, and it was supposed to be released in 2011 for all platforms.

I'm guessing we're never gonna get the game, and if we do, we'll have waited 10 years, and the final product could be an absolute shambles that looked like it took less than a year to make *cough* Duke Nukem Forever *cough*.

Hmm, Gamespot doesn't show anything on "Witches" or "Eternal Light." I've never heard of the title. I'm a huge gamer fanatic who frequents Gamespot and other gaming sites daily, including being a huge fan of obscure Japanese visual novels, Bayonetta, Bullet Witch, Dark Souls, etc. etc. so if I haven't heard of it then good luck finding the 0.2% who has :D.

If it's not dead, it should be. The game clearly has done absolutely no marketing, period.

Strange the Gamespot search engine doesn't pick up the game's name. IGN seems better at updating about the game, with their last update back in early 2011. Frankly, developer Revistronic has a poor track record. Even if this game is released, I wouldn't hold my breath that it's a success.

http://www.g4tv.com/games/developers/revistronic/5191

If you want a game with scantily-clad fighting females, I'd just get in on Tera (PC). It has some of the best female characters in gaming imo. Hell, the default female characters look better than even the best crap I made in Skyrim and Oblivion. I'll be playing Tera day one and forming my own guild, if you want to join.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/07/04/tera-online-sexiest-mmorpg-yet/

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7077

Looks like i'll need some time to mourne for the death of Eternal Light... Atleast I'll DEFINITELY be able to get my hands on Bayonetta 2 and Tomb Raider 9. I know B2 is gonna be atleast as good as B1 (which IMO is the best DMC clone ever made), and TR 9 looked f*cking AMAZING. I enjoyed the Binary Domain demo too. Even though its just a standard 3rd person squad shooter (something we've seen a million times by now), it has that "X factor" IMO. There was just something about it that stood out. 2012 should hopefully be a pretty good year for gaming.

I dont really play MMORPG's, but I just checked a 20 min long video of Tera Online on tube, and I have to say, I like what I see. Some pretty epic looking monsters and enviroments!

Looks like i'll need some time to mourne for the death of Eternal Light... Atleast I'll DEFINITELY be able to get my hands on Bayonetta 2 and Tomb Raider 9. I know B2 is gonna be atleast as good as B1 (which IMO is the best DMC clone ever made)' date=' and TR 9 looked f*cking AMAZING. I enjoyed the Binary Domain demo too. Even though its just a standard 3rd person squad shooter (something we've seen a million times by now), it has that "X factor" IMO. There was just something about it that stood out. 2012 should hopefully be a pretty good year for gaming.

I dont really play MMORPG's, but I just checked a 20 min long video of Tera Online on tube, and I have to say, I like what I see. Some pretty epic looking monsters and enviroments!

[/quote']

I didn't know there was going to be a Bayonetta 2. Well, it's certainly got enough fan appeal for it, so good for the devs. I'll be getting that, for sure.

As for Tera, you know the women look good when people are stealing some of the face masks and armors for Skyrim! Although in Tera, it takes some getting used to realizing all the girls wear high heels and rarely wear pants :D

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4491

Looks like i'll need some time to mourne for the death of Eternal Light... Atleast I'll DEFINITELY be able to get my hands on Bayonetta 2 and Tomb Raider 9. I know B2 is gonna be atleast as good as B1 (which IMO is the best DMC clone ever made)' date=' and TR 9 looked f*cking AMAZING. I enjoyed the Binary Domain demo too. Even though its just a standard 3rd person squad shooter (something we've seen a million times by now), it has that "X factor" IMO. There was just something about it that stood out. 2012 should hopefully be a pretty good year for gaming.

[/quote']

I didn't know there was going to be a Bayonetta 2. Well, it's certainly got enough fan appeal for it, so good for the devs. I'll be getting that, for sure.

As for Tera, you know the women look good when people are stealing some of the face masks and armors for Skyrim! Although in Tera, it takes some getting used to realizing all the girls wear high heels and rarely wear pants :D

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4491

Yep, Bayonetta 2's been confirmed a month or two ago. People thought they wouldn't be starting development on B2 until MGS Rising was released because apparently platinum games has teamed up with Kojima and Konami (seems like an unusual collaboration, but hey, their both good devs), but I think they've already got things underway. I think its only a few people from Platinum that are working with Kojima for MGS Rising, while the rest work on Bayonetta 2 (I'm guessing thats who Team Little Angels is? but I dunno).

Lol, I have no problems at all with girls wearing heels and no pants haha! Nice thread, theres a lot of interesting armour & weapons on there!

Archived