Fame System, Discussion

Versh

I'm not sure I understood correctly. I might repeat something you have alreayde said, but my understanding of this reaction part goes momething like this:

The basic form would be a comment based on player's relationship rank towards that player. This can be adjusted a bit with a personality value, where "kind" trait increases the comment level. E.g. "Acquaintance" would say a friendly comment. However, this personality value can be replaced with a fame specific value. This value would be based on that person's bodytype, which in practise is a table of reactions towards different fames.

This is what I assume what you meant, but i don't get the current roletypes. What kind of effect a "neutral bastard" would have on different fames?

If we go back to what I thought earlier, this would be relatively easy to base comments on. The amount of different dialogues in tota would be:

fame_types * comment_categories * comment_variations,

where comment categories can be 6 like in your table. Chosen one would be based on npc's relationship towards player and a roletype value for that fame.

I'm not sure I understood correctly. I might repeat something you have alreayde said, but my understanding of this reaction part goes momething like this:

The basic form would be a comment based on player's relationship rank towards that player. This can be adjusted a bit with a personality value, where "kind" trait increases the comment level. E.g. "Acquaintance" would say a friendly comment. However, this personality value can be replaced with a fame specific value. This value would be based on that person's bodytype, which in practise is a table of reactions towards different fames.

This is what I assume what you meant, but i don't get the current roletypes. What kind of effect a "neutral bastard" would have on different fames?

If we go back to what I thought earlier, this would be relatively easy to base comments on. The amount of different dialogues in tota would be:

fame_types * comment_categories * comment_variations,

where comment categories can be 6 like in your table. Chosen one would be based on npc's relationship towards player and a roletype value for that fame.

Uhm.. no, not exactly. Sorry, I do my best to be understandable, hope this will help:

The script work like that:

The Npc get a STABLE Roletype assigned when it get initialized by the system (the various check about finding a suitable npc for interacting)

Then the script looks at his Relationship Rank with the Player, depending on this, it assign a Reaction Type (That get updated in time)

This reaction Type is used to define which comment use between the various disponible comments.

So:

FameType(20) * Reactions(6) * RoleTypeGroup(2 or 3) * FameLevel(Let's say 2) * VarietyToAvoidRepeat(Let's say 10) = 4800 - 7200 Total Lines (more or less)

NOTE: This is the number of a COMPLETE COMMENT SYSTEM that cover every aspect, don't be scared, It seems a big number, but it isn't, especially if working with a team (the DD-MDQ has more or less 5200 and I had made it mostly by myself, and I don't even speak English...)

-FameType -> Self Explain

-Reactions -> Self Explain

-RoleTypeGroup -> The Groups are Submissive, Dominant and Neutral(Free), obviously there will be difference between a Slave that try to offend/approve you and a Master that try to do the same, But it could be none between Dominant and Neutral (or Submissive and Neutral)

-Fame Level -> This is the amount of fame, the basic difference is between Rumors (fame < 30) and Knowlege (fame > 30) [Note: Seeing an act make the famelevel jump to 30-40, the fame contage start from 0], but if someone hates their life it could make more level (the DD - MDQ have 3 fame level, Rumor, Known and Famous)

-Variety -> Is the final amount of lines of dialogue for each category that allow the dialog to not be too much repetitive, 10 should be good, but, as said, modder that hates their lives could do more

As said this would be a COMPLETE comment system, but it isn't necessary to do a whole Comment system to use this:

It is possible for Any mod (Hard dependancy or not) to get the data from the Fame system and do only the comment that it need.

For example -> SD+ could have some dialog lines to add about submissive fame, Estrus Chaurus about the Pregnancy, More Nasty Creature about bestiality, Submissive Lola could have some lines about Exhib Fame, etc.

This add could be done inside the main mod or with a patch (a bridge mod that have both the hard dependancies and only contain the dialogue) [Note: a bridge mod, or a patch mod is the preferable path for various reasons]

But considering that we're talking about the Dialogue system a modder could add whatever condition prefer:

For example doing specific comment lines only for a specific npc -> The Master of Captured Dreams Shop could have unique lines for herself.

Or a modder could differentiate Friendly comment between Shamed or Exhibitionist Npc (SL Arousal Exhib faction -> Yes/No)

Or an user that want Only comment by his favourite Companion (Serana/Jzargo/Mjoll for example) could made specific lines for him/her.

This structure is maded like that to grant maximum freedom to other modder, to neophyte modder and even for private customization.

Anyway, I'll make a full step-by-step tutorial about How to do, we will see how it goes...

-

About the "Neutral Bastard", 'Neutral' is the general npc attitude.

There are those who are Submissive by nature, Dominant by nature, and those who don't give a fuck by nature :P

The Kind/Normal/Bastard is an Ethic.

You could read this like:

Dominant Bastard -> an Evil Master, an Humiliator, a Sadic

Neutral Bastard -> Someone who like to make joke about the PC fame, or make worse the PC situation

Slave Kind -> a servant slave, and happy slave, a volunteer slave.

-

EDIT:

Another Example could be an use of the Reactions with the Equip Status. So there could be specific reactions about the Tats, the Cum, the Devices... etc.

Archived