Hmmm?

Should It be allowed for random users to post our contents on random torrent sites?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should It be allowed for random users to post our contents on random torrent sites?

so some dude sullying our website's good name, by posting mods from loverslab's content on torrent sites or he just found all that and sharing with random members of the public?

if its "gesture one" :dodgy: THEN SHAME ON HIM as he offends our great community, imagine every content from here shared at random torrent sites?

if its "gesture two" well done? i guess?

10h7e3d.jpg

well i dont know how to do the "spoiler thingy" :exclamation:

Actually, Jack.....that random user HAS permission to post that mod as a torrent. This was done to due to megaupload being taken down and to make it as easy as possible for folks to get lovers. Remember that Lovers is not acutually "ours". A lot of it was made in the far east and only translated here, so strictly speaking I doubt anyone is crying foul at this.

Long story short, if you had check Prophour's thread, you would have seen the link to this file up. http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2810

I appreciate you watching out for folks but in this case you are really just crying wolf.

Spoiler code can be found at the bottom of this post: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6133

Well it's ultimately up to the authors themselves where they allow their works to be uploaded, but frankly I'd be cautious with posting links to this particular community along with them.

Because any attention drawn towards this place from more or less mainstream sites like the Pirate bay has the potential to draw a lot of unwelcome attention to this community of which immature trolls might be the least of our worries, far more dangerous are the misguided moral guardians, but the most dangerous of all unwelcome community guests are, imo, the overzealous copyfraud lawyers

Actually' date=' Jack.....that random user HAS permission to post that mod as a torrent. This was done to due to megaupload being taken down and to make it as easy as possible for folks to get lovers. Remember that Lovers is not acutually "ours". A lot of it was made in the far east and only translated here, so strictly speaking I doubt anyone is crying foul at this.

Long story short, if you had check Prophour's thread, you would have seen the link to this file up. http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2810

I appreciate you watching out for folks but in this case you are really just crying wolf.

Spoiler code can be found at the bottom of this post: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6133

[/quote']

Lmao "crying wolf"?

The fact you don't see is its translated by our own members, they still hold rights to its distribution or kind of. And it took lot of hard work and "google" skills for them to find all these stuffs. They are not just "pirated" m8 :). Think of something precious you found on road one day, and that happened in Japan. Its like 50000 quid worth, so wot will be the first thing you will do? If u are a gent you will go around asking if someone dropped it, but hell you have no idea how to speak Japanese -.-? so you will keep that thingy as its not "yours" then when you return to your home,you will just give it away to some random person? becoz its not "yours". I might be the crying wolf, my friend! but anyone doing that would be stupid :)

Second thing was i didn't noticed they gave permission to share all this at torrent sites. I think its gonna be harmful for loverslab the same reason i made this new post. Sooner they will start sharing everything from this site at torrent. Drawing unwanted attentions, and some kids without any reason to be here and ofc the links will be in lot of forums causing users to download it from there than "signing up" at loverslab to download something.

P.S - There are always alternative ways to share a file than using torrents :D

And Thanks for the "spoiler" code! m8 much appreciated that

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but I hardly think any traffic will increase. Very few people have any clue at all what lovers with PK even is so again I think you are getting worked up over nothing.

Um...you didn't read my post very thoroughly as I did point out that folks like Donkey and others did translate things. As to holding rights????? No my friend, there are no "rights" when it comes to mods for a game. All rights are held by the game maker. Any rights a mod maker has are strictly on the honor system.

As to your example....it didn't make any sense to me. Take my advice and relax a bit. :)

Well' date=' you are certainly entitled to your opinion but I hardly think any traffic will increase. Very few people have any clue at all what lovers with PK even is so again I think you are getting worked up over nothing.

Um...you didn't read my post very thoroughly as I did point out that folks like Donkey and others did translate things. As to holding rights????? No my friend, there are no "rights" when it comes to mods for a game. All rights are held by the game maker. Any rights a mod maker has are strictly on the honor system.

As to your example....it didn't make any sense to me. Take my advice and relax a bit. :)

[/quote']

Lol i was just pointing out something or trying to in that "example" which went out with my randomness i guess lol. But yes there is no point in arguing over nothing. Either way as long as i get my mods from loverslab i will be happy like a puppy rofl.

Cheers m8 no hard feelings!

Archived