Amazing Mods lets share knowledge

Dave0000

I had issues with the Dragonborn Gallery too. Not constant crashes really, but more so a LOT of lag in Solitude. Mostly the kind that pretty much locks up the game. But I've already scrapped the saves for that character, and have redone the modlist for it, without the Dragonborn Gallery.

As for other mods I've used, most of them ones I almost CANNOT go without...

Better Vampires - I'd say that playing a Vampire with this mod is HIGHLY worth it. Especially since it allows you to play one how you want, with very few exeptions.

Royal Bloodline - Pairs nicely with BV, if you plan on making your character a Vampire Lord. Gives the Vampire Lord Perk tree a Crown, and many abilites that are worth it. Also, one of the perks you can get allows you to change the VL "Armor" your characters wears, that being the same that Harkon does if male, and the otherwise unused "Queen" armor if female. Requires a patch to work with Better Vampires, but one is included with BV's most recent versions.

Better Vampire Fangs And Eyes - Much as I like the Vanilla Vampire eyes, I've come to like these better. It also gives fangs to female Vampires - which, is a consistency detail I can't overlook.

BVFE - Serana And Family - Similar to the above, but making the changes to Serana, Harkon and Valerica. My only problem with this mod is that it seems to cause problems with other mods that allow Serana to use the Vampire Lord form(really wish she did that by default), and I'm not sure if there is a fix for that.

Predator Vision - Basically changes the vision modes for Vampires, Werewolves, and Khajiit. Also allows the use of these powers with SKSE, without having to use the spells.

Grimoas Vampire Lord - Remodels the Vampire Lord models to have better looking Wings, and changes their "armor" meshes to the Anicent Nord armor for the base form, and gives Dragonscale armor to the Vampire King and Queen armors. Yep, used with Royal Bloodline, you can actually use the King and Queen armors from this mod.

Vampire Lord Retexture - Changes the VL skin texture to look more leathery and bat-like. Works perfectly with the above mesh replacer.

...and that is just the mods dealling with Vampires.

Now i found the mod to play for! Dragonborn Galery   place do display every item you find ingame. If you dont know about it, check it out!

Also i found today BSAoptimizer  which i used today to unpack skyrims textures.bsa and meshes.bsa

After bsa unpacking the optimization ( with texture optimizer - generating mipmaps also), goes double as fast and the game runs much smoother after loading.

i LOVE the Dragonborn Gallery, but sadly, i crash ALOT with it. just entering the place even when nothing is displayed.  would have to coc myself into it, then crash a few seconds later and come back into the game just to do anything.. and then would crash again if i left it thru any door.

i have installed it just today and haven't found it yet in solitude. I'll see if i'll have such probs and give feedback.

But anyways i would check those steps:

1.skse memory patch!

2. use skyrim configurator to make changes in ini's to lower LOD, loading distant objects and other options

3. maybe use enboost, or hialgo boost

4. run texture optimizer over the galery mod

5. check out mod compatibilty

ran the mod on a clean save with 0 other mods active and it still would crash. i just think my computer doesnt like it.

how about to post your hardware, maybe i can help somehow if i know what harware do you have ;)

i3-4130 @3.4ghz, with 8gb ram and a R7 260x 2gb card, 2 1tb hard drives Win10 64 OS and processor

processor is weak but the rest is good, have you tryed to lower the settings with Skyrim Configurator

most of them you wont even notice that they have been changed. You should dafently play with settings ... evry time you change something, directly save, then go to game and check... thats only way to find out what suits you best.

Also i just optimized textures of Dragonborn Galery with texture optimizer 930.447.056 bytes ... yeah just like that the mod is liter on 1 GB.

Now i found the mod to play for! Dragonborn Galery   place do display every item you find ingame. If you dont know about it, check it out!

Also i found today BSAoptimizer  which i used today to unpack skyrims textures.bsa and meshes.bsa

After bsa unpacking the optimization ( with texture optimizer - generating mipmaps also), goes double as fast and the game runs much smoother after loading.

i LOVE the Dragonborn Gallery, but sadly, i crash ALOT with it. just entering the place even when nothing is displayed.  would have to coc myself into it, then crash a few seconds later and come back into the game just to do anything.. and then would crash again if i left it thru any door.

You might check out Dovahkiin's Vault and see if it suits you. 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67704/?

Elianora is extremely gifted at creating beautiful real estate. 

i3-4130 @3.4ghz, with 8gb ram and a R7 260x 2gb card, 2 1tb hard drives Win10 64 OS and processor

processor is weak but the rest is good, have you tryed to lower the settings with Skyrim Configurator

most of them you wont even notice that they have been changed. You should dafently play with settings ... evry time you change something, directly save, then go to game and check... thats only way to find out what suits you best.

Also i just optimized textures of Dragonborn Galery with texture optimizer 930.447.056 bytes ... yeah just like that the mod is liter on 1 GB.

i'll have to try that then, would be really nice to run the mod again.

You might check out Dovahkiin's Vault and see if it suits you. 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67704/?

Elianora is extremely gifted at creating beautiful real estate. 

Elianora's mod is nice, but it's not the displaying part of the first mod i love so much, but the vast amount of collectable stuff it adds. also, ELi's mod is cut off from being used if, as i am now, you dont go along the main quest.

Did you do this through Mod Organizer ?

Also, do you have to unpack bsa in order to optimize their textures ? Or is the texture optimizer able to do it itself ?

I'd like to optimize my textures but I'm using MO and have no idea how to do so, considering you have to point the data directory to TO while MO has its own virtualized mod directory :P

Personally, when I see lists like this, I often wonder why some of those mods were picked. (Like, did the person choosing the mods play much with that mod installed? Or did they just like the description or something?)

Skyrim is a game where you can spend hundreds of hours playing it... and/or hundreds of hours diagnosing problems from mods that do not work so well. And, also, different people have different preferences.

Anyways, I have noticed that I have stopped playing skyrim, mostly because I have to start the game over every time I fix a problem with my mods. So I thought I would mention this issue in the hopes that other people will have better experiences than I...

Personally, when I see lists like this, I often wonder why some of those mods were picked. (Like, did the person choosing the mods play much with that mod installed? Or did they just like the description or something?)

Skyrim is a game where you can spend hundreds of hours playing it... and/or hundreds of hours diagnosing problems from mods that do not work so well. And, also, different people have different preferences.

Anyways, I have noticed that I have stopped playing skyrim, mostly because I have to start the game over every time I fix a problem with my mods. So I thought I would mention this issue in the hopes that other people will have better experiences than I...

I don't really get your point, Skyrim has grown to be one of the most modular games, there are thousands of mods changing every little aspect of the game, it's only natural to build the Skyrim you want. Sometimes a mod doesn't get any fame, or its fame only lasts a couple weeks, these threads help us discover what we could have missed.

I would have quit Skyrim long ago if it wasn't for those mods. Sure, sometimes you have to fix things but you end up learning how to avoid most of the issues.

Also, contribooting :

- Ordinator : New perks

- Two Rings : Allows you to wear two rings instead of one

- Immersive Music : Adds lots of tracks

I don't really get your point, Skyrim has grown to be one of the most modular games, there are thousands of mods changing every little aspect of the game, it's only natural to build the Skyrim you want. Sometimes a mod doesn't get any fame, or its fame only lasts a couple weeks, these threads help us discover what we could have missed.

I would have quit Skyrim long ago if it wasn't for those mods. Sure, sometimes you have to fix things but you end up learning how to avoid most of the issues.

Also, contribooting :

- Ordinator : New perks

- Immersive Music : Adds lots of tracks

abolutely agree

vanilla game ends when you collect 50000 gold ... you already have houses, weapons, armors, seen or killed every monster , have been in so many dungeons to understand that they all look same and build same way. ... if the modding wouldnt exist i wouldnt even think about to play skyrim more then one time, vanilla skyrim is a big dissapointment and not rewarding. but with mods... its is just literaly endles buttom game. never will you see all it has to offer because every day come new mods. and if you still want add and add more mods you have to start game all over again sometimes. but i for example understand that i am not done yet with mod adding and mod finding so its ok with me... i am right now lvl 4 and just test new content without any leveling or questing... if something goes wrong i loosing nothing actualy :)

I don't really get your point, ...

That probably means that I am not capable of expressing it.

And, for that, I apologize.

Edit: I am revisiting this thread, and:

Many mods are listed here with no hint about the reason someone might want to use them.

Well, I do see your point, sen4ami. At least I think I do.

You can indeed spend 100s of hours playing it as vanilla. And/ or add mods at random (without really knowing what you are doing) and then spend 100s of hours getting the kinks ironed out, if you ever do. The playing turns into modding and not getting to playing (been there, done/ doing that).

But these days there are many guides, mod organisers etc to help you build a (semi-) stable modded Skyrim. There are also many diagnostic tools floating about to help iron out the problems. And the mere fact that this many years after Skyrim was launched it still has such an active modder and player base is a testiment to the creativity of the modding community. Most people play Skyrim vanilla once (or maybe multiple times) and then start looking into mods to add content and make it "new".

A big problem I can see with (new) modders is that they don't read descriptions well enough. They see a nice looking mod, install it and expect it to work out of the box. Most modders tell you exactly what you need to do to successfully install their mod. But you have to actually read what they are telling you and follow the directions to the letter. If you don't, your whole install can get corrupted and you will have to start all over again. (Been there many, MANY times). You have to put some effort in and get to know how modding your game actually works. If you don't, playing Skyrim turns into troubleshooting Skyrim and that is not the point of using mods, now is it?

So the most valuable lesson I learned is: read and get to know how modding and mod tools actually work. It can save you so many unneccessary problems.

i can only say i like to add mods, try to find mistakes, learn something new... for example today how sort masters of mods with tes5edit, how to not to have too many leveled list cause wrye bash wont help then, etc. someday maybe even today i get my stable game - best game in the world cause its the way I wanna have it :P

i can only say i like to add mods, try to find mistakes, learn something new... for example today how sort masters of mods with tes5edit, how to not to have too many leveled list cause wrye bash wont help then, etc. someday maybe even today i get my stable game :P

Yes, you can learn a lot from mistakes (and other people's mistakes). I learned more about wrye bash from your question as well today :).

Thankfully LoversLab has so many helpful people too!

For me its http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63354/? to make races different and adds the class system starts from older Elder Scrolls games (although it has to be handled in the MCM). Optionally to make females weaker than males in the game if you enjoy a challenge if you play females.

i really like the sound of that: "Body weight now equals physical strength.  Actors who look stronger will now actually be stronger." but i gues its to heavy scriptet and wont work well with my other scripts :(

Too bad there is now such mod with this only function i guess.

Personally I'd go with this mod for that functionally -

Immersive Jewelery - It allows you to wear more than two rings, but at a basic level, it allows you to equip a ring normally, and if you left click it, it removes the item from your inventory, and adds a left hand version in it's place(and it switches back if you unequip it and right-click to equip it again). It also adds a lot more jewelery to the game, and makes some of the more uniquely named jewelery have unique models. This might conflict with a mod like Unique Uniques at this point, at least until there is a patch, but for me that is a minor problem. 

Better Claws And Gauntlets - If playing an Argonian or Khajiit character i'd recommend this one.

Immersive College Of Winterhold - Doing a run of the College questline? I'd use this, as it adds a lot more functionally to the College, even making many of the College NPCs practice in the Hall of the Elements, which can raise your skills. Has compatiblity with a few mods that can be chosen in the installer, like the Apachii hair mod.

Khajiit Speak - Complete Dialouge Overhaul - Something of a must for a Khajiit character, I think. It has patches for a number of mods, like Live Another Life, Cutting Room Floor, Moonpath, and many others.

Book Covers Skyrim - Gives all the books in the game and DLC a unique cover.

SkyFalls And SkyMills - Adds animation to the LOD Waterfalls and Mills.

YY Animation Replacer  - Mystic Knight - An animation replacer that is good for Pure Mage or Spellblade type characters.

Your Own Thoughts - Replaces many of the message dialouges, to be in first person rather than second. Works with the DLCs, and at this point, Better Vampires, Frostfall and Hunterborn.

YY Animation Replacer  - Mystic Knight - An animation replacer that is good for Pure Mage or Spellblade type characters.

Absolutely LOVE the master cast animation in this. also the one handed word sheathing. i wont ever take this mod out of my game.

Yeah, I loved the DMC Stylish mod for Oblivion, and when I found the Mystic Knight replacer for Skyrim, I didn't hesitate to download and install it. I only wish the snap sound was still in the mod, but it's a small problem, since I love every change to the animation. Especially the spin and sheath animation. Plus the fact that every animation it changes has movement for cloaks, which goes nicely with Cloaks Of Skyrim.

A good mod to compelment it, is this 360 Walk And Run Plus, which mostly adds movement for cloaks, but also makes a few other changes, like movement speed.

I wouldn't mind an animation replacer that adds movement for cloaks to the Bow animations too. Also, I haven't yet found a mod that changes the sitting animations, so that cloaks don't clip through the legs when sitting down.

Oh, and this mod - Skyrim - Enhanced Camera - Basically adds a body to first person, without the use of a .esp file, this being purely a SKSE plugin. I loved the version of the mod for Oblivion by the same author, and when I got Skyrim, this was one of the first mods I installed. Probably mentioned elsewhere on the site, but still...

A big problem I can see with (new) modders is that they don't read descriptions well enough. They see a nice looking mod, install it and expect it to work out of the box. Most modders tell you exactly what you need to do to successfully install their mod. But you have to actually read what they are telling you and follow the directions to the letter. If you don't, your whole install can get corrupted and you will have to start all over again. (Been there many, MANY times). You have to put some effort in and get to know how modding your game actually works. If you don't, playing Skyrim turns into troubleshooting Skyrim and that is not the point of using mods, now is it?

That is true, and some of those instructions are necessary because of external issues.

But, all too often, those instructions do not get packaged into the mod itself. To find them you might have to read the description where the mod was posted. That isn't so bad for nexus (because mod organizer can bring you right back to that description page), but requires extra work for mods posted here (because, for example, searching for DD-vhmq does not find the mod that provides that file and searching for the esp name doesn't work either and there's like a dozen pages of devious devices mods (though currently that particular mod happens to be on page 2 of a set of search results for devious devices...).

But another issue is that people mix in recommendations with requirements, and those recommendations can lead you to install further mods which were not needed, and those can conflict with some other mod you had installed.

But another issue is that sometimes you do not even know what the mod does. Maybe one person really likes an armor mod that drops the armor in a chest in riverwood, but to even find out that that is what the mod does you have to install it (and some other mod that provides the mesh or the texture)... and then play the game enough to get to riften and open the chest. And then you decide you didn't like that armor. But someone else really liked it so you don't say anything. You just have to figure out which recently added mod you want to turn off, or if you are just going to live with it because you do not want to have to stop and start over right now. And then later you do want to get rid of it because it just gets in the way...

So, anyways, there are lots of great mods, but different people have different ideas of things they like and sometimes the descriptions are great.

Anyways.... 

I like when people provide short descriptions of mods so I can decide if their tastes are close enough to mine... I really do like that. I especially like when their descriptions are accurate and adequate.

But I also really like when those important instructions that we are supposed to read get packaged in a .txt file in the mod itself. This can be outside the data directory - I do not need to install those instructions. But if they are really that important, it's nice to have them with the mod. That way, if I overlooked something initially, I can find the instructions without figuring out whether I got it from someplace here, or from mediafire or from mega or from any of a half dozen other places... Or, if it really really needs to only be downloaded from here, it would be good to have the url of the support thread, or something, so I could find that without having to memorize where I got each of the hundred or so mods I somehow seem to want to use...

Obviously, of course, I cannot ask mod authors to all make me happy. But I think it should be ok to say that I like when they make an effort to do so?

For me its http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63354/? to make races different and adds the class system starts from older Elder Scrolls games (although it has to be handled in the MCM). Optionally to make females weaker than males in the game if you enjoy a challenge if you play females.

i really like the sound of that: "Body weight now equals physical strength.  Actors who look stronger will now actually be stronger." but i gues its to heavy scriptet and wont work well with my other scripts :(

Too bad there is now such mod with this only function i guess.

I don't find it to be very script heavy really and I use it for a heavy script set up (although working on pruning it so I don't start seeing crashes around level 10-30).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived