mods malfunction after .skse deletion ??

So far i have noticied i am forced to do this everytime my .skse file grows over 3mb deleting this file makes several mods malfunction in the proccess:

Devius cursed loot dialog option no longer works. Meaning this mod is now broken.

Also SOS malfunctions big time.

Skooma Whore also malfunctions i will get random npc walking towards me telling me to leave even though i have not used any skooma potions. this happens only when .skse is deleted. in order to even startup the game.

The real problem is the XPMSE Skeleton after 3.0 even with the latest 3.13 my .skse still grows. breaking other skyrim mods in the process. And corrupting your savegame. This very bad.

The .skse file is where SKSE stores information mods use. Deleting it would break anything that uses SKSE.

I'm not well versed in Skyrim stuff. Is there another skeleton you could use? I know Fallout has several different skeletons (the original BNB one, Astymma's, BodyMorph) that do the same thing.

First of all, are you using the current skele?  3.13 I believe?

Interesting thing I am seeing, the .skse file eventually grows in size (although the largest I have seen is a little over 1mb).  If I stop playing (quit to desktop), then start a new game, the .skse drops in size (down to about 300kb) on the next save after relaunching.  So if I save with a 1+ mb file, quit, relaunch, then immediately save, the .skse save size drops dramatically.  Will be testing this some more and see if this pattern holds consistently.

The size of the .skse file is directly related with the amount of data stored in it. You can open the file in a text editor, look at the data, and probably figure out the responsible mod.

This problem will be worse over the time as more mods are using this system. Some of them might be storing more info than intended.

For XPMSE, maybe it has settings for not affecting NPCs. Or if you are using XPMSE just for compatibility reasons and you are not using weapon positions or node scales, I guess you can disable its esp file.

SOS should recover itself after deleting the .skse file, to its default values, more or less.

The pattern I posted above seems very consistent.  During the game session, the .skse climbs in size with each game save (auto and full - I don't use quicksave/qload).  It's not a consistent increase - sometimes the .skse remains the same, sometime a minor jump, but it does climb over time.  If I save, quit the game to desktop, relaunch the game, load that last save, then save and quit again, the .skse size drops back down significantly.  For example, last night in a 4 hr game session, the .skse file climbed from 300kb to >1300kb.  I quit and relaunched, loaded that save, then immediately saved and then quit.  Checking the size, the .skse had dropped in size to slightly greater than 300kb (a little larger than the previous start, but around the same size).  I've seen this kind of behavior in the past with code at work, where data is constantly appended to a structure (data record, javascript object, xml, etc) instead of replacing the data.  It seems that on relaunching, the data is cleaned up and duplicate info is discarded (again that's what it looks like it's doing in my game).

This might explain some issues that people are reporting, such as the dickless animals with MNC/CreatreFeatures.  Numerous reports abound about people having animals being dickless during the animations (using SL 1.59c and/or 1.60 - so not sexlab specific).  If they reset CF through the MCM, then the animals will have their schlongs during the animations.  It seems to persist through normal saves & loads.  However, if they quit and relaunch, then the schlongless animals return.  So they run the reset again, and the animals have dicks again.  Another report is with SexLab itself, the selected voice for the player is reset with each game launch back to random (this could be just an error with the new 1.60RC2, but it is similar).  There are other similar reports.  Thing is, I am not seeing this at all.  In this new character I created this past weekend (new profile in MO, new character, new saves), the animals all have dicks in the sexlab animations.  No problems at all.  I did see this in a another new character started a week or so ago), but not in this one.  With this character, I decided to try a different approach to the character creation.  Once the process started (using AS-LAL), I created the character as normal, then at the first opportunity before the first save I made, I reset the creature animations through the CF MCM, selected the specific creature animations I wanted (I filter out the skeever, draugr, and a couple others), selected animations in NSAP that I wanted, then activated SexLab (1.60 requires a manually activation on a new character), waited for it to finish activating, then went into SexLab and activated creature animations, waited for it to finish, then loaded my saved sexlab preferences, THEN made my first game save.  After that I activated/set all other mods.  And like I've said, I haven't had an issue with the creature's schlongs after doing the creation this way.

What I am thinking is that the info stored in the .skse for the various mods is stored in such a way that the first info stored is found and used when launching the game, and the other duplicate info is discarded.  During the game session, whenever a save is made the updated info is appended to the data structure, and when normally saving and reloading that data, the reload is looking at the last info.  This would explain why people report the MNC/CF reset works (save/load looking at the last added info - last in, first out?) but quit/relaunch loses info (on relaunch, first info found is used, other info discarded).  I think when I get home, I'll try to compare the some of the before/after .skse files in my game and see what the actual difference is in the files.

Of course, I may be wrong... :o

The size of the .skse file is directly related with the amount of data stored in it. You can open the file in a text editor, look at the data, and probably figure out the responsible mod.

This problem will be worse over the time as more mods are using this system. Some of them might be storing more info than intended.

For XPMSE, maybe it has settings for not affecting NPCs. Or if you are using XPMSE just for compatibility reasons and you are not using weapon positions or node scales, I guess you can disable its esp file.

SOS should recover itself after deleting the .skse file, to its default values, more or less.

Sorry to ask but what file can open the .skse extension ? (in the save folder)

What made you delete the SKSE co-save file in the first place? Were load times starting to get too long?

What made me delete the .skse file was the savegame was not loading at all anymore. even the work around failed. like coc qasmoke and then load the latest savegame with a huge .skse still crashed during loading witch means this game was unsalvageble.

deleting the .skse made the savegame load again. but at the same time like i mentioned killed several mods in the process. and this was all done with manual saves.

What made you delete the SKSE co-save file in the first place? Were load times starting to get too long?

What made me delete the .skse file was the savegame was not loading at all anymore. even the work around failed. like coc qasmoke and then load the latest savegame with a huge .skse still crashed during loading witch means this game was unsalvageble.

deleting the .skse made the savegame load again. but at the same time like i mentioned killed several mods in the process. and this was all done with manual saves.

I dunno about other SKSE plugins, but if the problem was occurring due to either SexLabUtil or PapyrusUtil; than check the SexLab.log and PapyrusUtilDev.log respectively from your main Skyrim folder immediately following the crash.

If SexLab.log has a block of lines at the end of the log that starts with "Serialization: Save" or "Serialization: Load" without also including their related "Save Done!" or "Load Done!" than it's possible SexLabUtil is the problem and you should send me the log and .skse co-save for examination.

If PapyrusUtilDev.log has a block of lines at the end of the log that starts with "Storage Saving..." or "Storage Loading..." without also including their related "Save Done!" or "Done!" than it's possible PapyrusUtil is the problem and you should send me the log and .skse co-save for examination.

If both show their save/load procedure finished before the crash occured, than your issue lies elsewhere.

Thanks Ashal i will take look at those files and see if there is any thing in them.

I dunno about other SKSE plugins, but if the problem was occurring due to either SexLabUtil or PapyrusUtil; than check the SexLab.log and PapyrusUtilDev.log respectively from your main Skyrim folder immediately following the crash.

If SexLab.log has a block of lines at the end of the log that starts with "Serialization: Save" or "Serialization: Load" without also including their related "Save Done!" or "Load Done!" than it's possible SexLabUtil is the problem and you should send me the log and .skse co-save for examination.

If PapyrusUtilDev.log has a block of lines at the end of the log that starts with "Storage Saving..." or "Storage Loading..." without also including their related "Save Done!" or "Done!" than it's possible PapyrusUtil is the problem and you should send me the log and .skse co-save for examination.

If both show their save/load procedure finished before the crash occured, than your issue lies elsewhere.

Even though the save did not load all the above shows load correctly so it does not look like sexlabutil or papyrusutil are the culrpit even jcontainer shows no problem.

Even if all SKSE plugins successfully load their data, the problem could then be an individual Skyrim mod who inappropriately handles that data after the fact, causing a crash when given bad data, but bailing ahead of time when given no data at all. In which case, as with most things in Skyrim troubleshooting, your main target for figuring it out is the debug log.

Even if all SKSE plugins successfully load their data, the problem could then be an individual Skyrim mod who inappropriately handles that data after the fact, causing a crash when given bad data, but bailing ahead of time when given no data at all. In which case, as with most things in Skyrim troubleshooting, your main target for figuring it out is the debug log.

Here is a save: as can be seen the .skse has grown above 3mb in size when i opened it i get allot of spam being issued by the new XPMSE 3.0 /higher

D_ManXX2_SaveGame.7z

Spam notes:

SKSESPam.txt

I only see multiple lines Spammed containiously:
Nul nul 
HDT Quiver
Shieldback
WeaponAxeLeft
WeaponMace
WeaponBack
HDT Quiver
etc..