Oblivion and Mod Organizer?

gvman3670

I just downloaded a fresh copy of Oblivion and now want to mod it up nice and fancy. I've done it before with manual and NMM/OBMM installs. But since I've become so accustomed to MO while adding mods to Skyrim I'd love that functionality with Oblivion as well.

So is it do-able? I haven't found any threads on it yet. How is it done? Much different than using it with Skyrim?

Any info to get me rolling along will be greatly appreciated.

So I just watched a video tutorial on YouTube and it seems pretty straightforward at this point.

What kind of issues did you have with the script extender and how did you fix it? Just install it directly into the root folder manually?

Never worked with Skyirm's MO. Couldn't figure out the scripts and such to launch Oblivion properly where OBSE worked at the same time. I am sure there is a way but the web is full of crap and confusion and many doing it and only later  having it not work. No solid way to get it to work. It does seam to work with the disk version (non Steam one). I finally gave up and went and fooled around with other stuff.

Edit:

I too would love to get this up and running as well reliably. I don't care if I need to use OBMM or WyreBashh or whatever.. all MO users understand that they can use those tools through MO and then deal with the files later. No problems. Easy Peasy. Use the correct tool for the job however got to get OBMM to work properly..

The newest MO on the Oblivion side of Nexus is 0.9.3 so I'll try that one and see what I can come up with.

I thought MO supported that game regardless of which "side" That is very old version.

If you can solve this problem I will be very happy. You stated a video from Youtube. Do you have the link? Can you place it here for us to see?

OP:

My guide with Oblivion (Morroblivion) and using MO will be released in a week or so. If you can be patient, I'll be walking you through everything you need to know step by step :)

EDIT: We will be using MO 1.3.8, so go ahead and get it :)

I already got it! LOL But I don't know about waiting a week.

As it stands, even playing straight up vanilla, it won't make saves. AT ALL. And MO won't do automatic archive invalidation. Not even sure that OBSE is launching properly, with or without MO. But straight vanilla can launch and play.

I already got it! LOL But I don't know about waiting a week.

As it stands, even playing straight up vanilla, it won't make saves. AT ALL. And MO won't do automatic archive invalidation. Not even sure that OBSE is launching properly, with or without MO. But straight vanilla can launch and play.

Yeah there are a bunch of special steps you have to go through with MO, unfortunately. I haven't even gotten that far in the guide, yet. 

However, seeing this thread, I've made the decision to put debugging my Fallout TTW guide on hold until I finish the Oblivion/MO/Morroblivion guide. So it shouldn't take me long to get it out for you <3 couple of days, tops.

You know, that would be awesome. I could always go with NMM/OBMM and manual installs (like I did before), but I really, really don't want to play without MO anymore. It's been a real godsend for Skyrim and I SOOOoooo want that with Oblivion and FONV (that will be the next fresh install).

Any idea on the game saves issue, though? That's really eating at me.

You know, that would be awesome. I could always go with NMM/OBMM and manual installs (like I did before), but I really, really don't want to play without MO anymore. It's been a real godsend for Skyrim and I SOOOoooo want that with Oblivion and FONV (that will be the next fresh install).

Any idea on the game saves issue, though? That's really eating at me.

Well we will be using a combination of MO and WB, similar to my TTW guide where we use MO/FOMM

Ahhh, screw it. Now it won't even launch anymore. Man, what a pain in the ass. :lol:

What is the exact file path for Oblivion game saves? I've tried making my own folders because it didn't make its own on the first launch (thought it was supposed to). Not working.

@gvman3670

Save files get saved to computer/(C:)/users/whatever you put for name(it's the one with the lock on it not the public one)/My Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Saves this is also where your ini file and some other things are placed at this is also the folder path to where your save files go for skyrim and fallout games as well.

OK, the saves and launch issues are done. It was a sync problem. A computer restart and I synced up with Steam now all is good. Even got my old saves back. It seems to launch fine with OBSE and not sure if the unofficial patches in MO are working or not. Now way to really tell.

Now I'll just wait for your guide on MO/Oblivion, Anatriax, then go from there. I am itching to fix my old character, though, because she has ugly undies on and has the moth priest hairdo and blindfold. YUCK!! :lol:

Archived