Oblivion and Mod Organizer?

gvman3670

I did install OBSE manually. :lol:

For now I am going to try setting it up the way I did before (a mix of manual, NMM and OBMM installs), but it seems NMM should be able to handle all that now. When you get this sorted out I may give it another go, though. I love MO and really wish it was going to work for me, but at this point in time I don't see how it will work.

Don't use OBMM. It has some major issues. Use Wrye Bash instead. For all installs. 

Wrye has OMOD support and BAIN support. Best of both worlds, and it's as close to MO as you can get, as far as how it handles the file structure and overwrites.

If you have questions on how to use WB look up Hishutup's Mythic Dawn guide. (Mine is based loosely on his guide)

EDIT: It's also a really bad idea to mix mod managers. Pick one, and stick with it. That way you can monitor mod conflicts easier. 

Okay!!! 

I've got it loading SOME mods now (using the fix above) and OBSE Test Plugin is registering that it's started. So now to figure out what the fuck else is going on.

EDIT 1: You have to manually install all OBSE Plugins. You CANNOT let them go through MO, or it won't recognize them. Everything else is OK so far (experiencing an issue where it's not registering a Morroblivion BSA, fix to come shortly)

That sort of defeats the purpose of MO. It might be better to keep with WB.

I mean, I manually install my SKSE and FOSE plugins. I don't let MO handle those. Mostly because a lot of them are needed as bare minimum mods, anyway. 

Everything else I handle with MO for FNV and Skyrim. If I have to manually install one more thing, though? I'm definitely going WB for the guide... and I'm thinking that's gonna be the case with Morroblivion.

Yep. Fuck it. 

Here we go Wrye Bash. 

Verified with DoubleYou. 

OBSE Plugins must be installed manually. Not just OBSE. ANY plugins for OBSE must be installed manually. Any other mods can be installed via MO, but for some reason they won't function properly. 

Tannin is working on a new hook for Oblivion that will hopefully fix this issue, but for now we have to install them manually.

I have a fix for that written down somewhere in my notes. I'll try to find it before I get to the phase on character overhauls. If not, we'll get it fixed, then. 

What EXACTLY is it doing when you try to showracemenu?

Let me have a full load order and mod list from ya, and we'll see what's up.

Here is the Load Order (sorted by BOSS).

post-243307-0-76204200-1439093435_thumb.png

And the installed mods (NMM doesn't place these in order of install/overwrite...I miss Mod Organizer already! :lol:).

post-243307-0-16704800-1439093490_thumb.png

So I loaded up a very old save of mine and the body and skeleton are working, the animations are good, the BBB and bouncing butt are functioning perfectly, but the ugly head with the Moth Priest hairdo and blindfold is just too much! :D Even female NPCs are better looking now. I just CTD shortly after hitting ENTER after giving the "showracemenu" command in the console. Straight to desktop.

Yeah, check the guide. I just updated the guide. DoubleYou and I got it fixed. 

Colourwheels might be your problem. I'm not sure. It's not the same setup I use. 

I'll be getting to that tomorrow, since I've spent all night figuring out the fix for MO and Steam Oblivion.

Totally off topic, but you use NMM with Oblivion ?  NMM and Oblivion is a No-Go.

Use OBMM or TESMM.

My guide is actually geared at getting Oblivion to work with MO, along side of Wrye Bash. 

I've spent all day with Tannin and DoubleYou from STEP getting it to work properly, and it's now nearly flawless. 

Archived