Merging mods

CeilYurei

Use gecko. Best for merging mods. Merge the esps, then make sure all assest are in a folder where you will put your new esp. ie: folder name clothing, should have meshes folder and texture folder, then add your clothing.esp

Keep in mind you will possibly need to retro you current Java install for TES4Gecko. Really don't know why Oracle hasn't gotten a clue yet and allows for multiple version installs and maintenance...

Were it still Sun they would...

Download gecko and follow those set up instructions. When set up, open gecko, choose merge mods. It will bring up your mod list (make sure the mods are active first) then you will select the mods, giving them a number (you'll understand that part when you see), once they are selected, hit merge. A box will pop up allowing you to name the esp, give it a name that doesn't exist in your list. Once the esp is created, deactivate and remove the original esps from you list. Now make a new folder, copy all mesh and textures folders into your new folder. Then copy your new esp into that folder and turn the folder with your esp and assets into a zip, or w/e compressed archive you normally use. Now it's set for any future installs.

If you want all the clothes in one area, you can open your new esp in CS, add them to a chest, and put the chest where you want. I'm not able to give more detailed instructions on that part. I don't really add clothing that much. I made a "StarterGear" mod for myself that gives the player binoculars, nighteye goggles and a few potions. That requires a simple script to add the stuff to the player. I did this because I use an alt start (alternative beginnings by arthmoor) that lets me immigrate to cyrodiil and it makes sense that I would have a few things at least.

Archived