What music do you listen to?

On 3/1/2024 at 2:49 PM, Raven 54 said:

I like it, I do have to ask is the vid not a good reproduction?

What I mean is the voice is hard for me to hear as the main riff is overpowering it and I use headphones.

I have noticed a quality issue on YT depending on the version of the songs, sound quality varies greatly.

It does have a good rhythm and a strong beat. 

Sorry for the late response, this got buried under some other stuff.

The video is from Tool's official YT channel, so it's about as good in terms of quality as you'll get. The vocals aren't actually "quiet", they're actually at the same volume as the other instruments. This is done on purpose. The band doesn't want the vocals to be the focal point of their music since it makes everything else sound too "small" by comparison. Tool wants their sound to feel massive, and keeping the vocals with the band instead of in front of it helps in achieving that. Maynard's voice and lyrics are amazing, but he's just 1/4 of the band and he's contributing his part to the whole.

1 hour ago, KayleiV said:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::lol:  :lol:  Haven't heard that in ages, my favorite skit from the Monty Python Show has got to be the Kamikaze Scotsmen practicing.

Edited by Raven 54