Switching vanilla races with custom races

As the title says, I've been trying to switch vanilla races textures with the ones from custom races like Imperial with High Imperial.

Meshes too, but no matter how much I rename files it simply doesn't work.

I've been trying to do this mostly because having all sorts of adults mods with LPK installed, doing lewd things with vanilla races and their uglyness isn't really that good.

I've been trying vanilla retextures aswell but they seem to not go along well with MBP++.

An alternative would be to mass switch race of all non-essential NPCs with custom races but I could only find single NPC editors on google and for skyrim or followers.

Any help would be appreciated, I will also post load order/screenshot of folders if needed

(not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm pretty much using only adult mods right now along with a couple non adult minor mods)

Moved to tech support section.

To replace a vanilla texture, you have to rename the file and put it in the exact same folder structure as it is backed in the bsa file.  Then you have to run OBMM or Wyre and archive invalidate via bsa redirection.

Moved to tech support section.

To replace a vanilla texture, you have to rename the file and put it in the exact same folder structure as it is backed in the bsa file.  Then you have to run OBMM or Wyre and archive invalidate via bsa redirection.

I see, like I've to open oblivion.bsa and see the files structure if I want to change them, but do I've to do this only with the textures or also with the mashes or it doesn't matter?

Also, after further researches I installed xeosp++ so now the only problem is to switch khajit with tabaxo even if the files structure for them might have been changed

Archived