black desert online

Joomla

Im surprised how little internet talks about this game. Its well surely not out in EU/NA - Officially - but damn its fine game even with the simple fan made english patch and all. Anyone here playing it? Shall we try to get some discussion?

If only it had the gameplay and deep (or simply better) plot like the Witcher series... Why couldn't there be an MMO with the scale of WoW and yet provide fanservice/pretty visuals? Probably not worth the investment due to low player demand for quality I suppose :-/.

Eh...another cheap fanservice game with the lack of other content? Are MMOs reduced to "hey, we got the hottest gurls" race nowadays? ..sad.. :(

Yep, apparently.

Man I remember back in the day of Naxx and the Wrath Launch.

boy those were fun days. Well I am too old and busy to play wow like I used to but I sure can remember the good times.

If only it had the gameplay and deep (or simply better) plot like the Witcher series... Why couldn't there be an MMO with the scale of WoW and yet provide fanservice/pretty visuals? Probably not worth the investment due to low player demand for quality I suppose :-/.

That would be a dream come true, all in one :)

Not going to happen though, mmos are done for one and only reason nowadays, to milk people as much as possible, every one of these companies want a slice from that big fat mmo chunk and that goes twice for asian mmos, the market is so oversaturated that everything looks the same to me :/

Recently i went back to Tera that got a new update, only to find out its the same recycled content it had before, with some little changes to a few mechanics...hell they dont longer even bother to make new gear look unique, they just use old lowbie gear meshes lol.

Also i read Black Desert is already on its way to p2w, not that im surprised.

Eh...another cheap fanservice game with the lack of other content? Are MMOs reduced to "hey, we got the hottest gurls" race nowadays? ..sad.. :(

Yep, apparently.

boy those were fun days. Well I am too old and busy to play wow like I used to but I sure can remember the good times.

So, what exactly do you people know about this game? I mean, your point of view seems to be limited when you regard the WoW as somewhat superior compared to other MMORPG-games. Cause I remember the time in WoW when there still was RPG-content - content that has been taken out for smoother game-play and more content for the stupefied masses. That's what I called "generic", by the way.

Besides that, there still is the question why this game is only popular in screenshots. Maybe it's nothing else, I don't know. Maybe there is a great story somewhere - maybe some good ideas and a funny gameplay. Who knows. People with actual experience in this game, please share your thoughts. And please stay objective.

Yep, apparently.

So, what exactly do you people know about this game? I mean, your point of view seems to be limited when you regard the WoW as somewhat superior compared to other MMORPG-games. Cause I remember the time in WoW when there still was RPG-content - content that has been taken out for smoother game-play and more content for the stupefied masses. That's what I called "generic", by the way.

Besides that, there still is the question why this game is only popular in screenshots. Maybe it's nothing else, I don't know. Maybe there is a great story somewhere - maybe some good ideas and a funny gameplay. Who knows. People with actual experience in this game, please share your thoughts. And please stay objective.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/03/06/heres-what-a-black-desert-raid-boss-looks-like/

http://black-desert.com/interviews/black-desert-revelation-an-honest-to-god-interview-with-pearl-abyss-on-the-status-quo-of-black-desert/

There are plenty of articles and beta reviews floating arround, so far it brings mixed feelings to me..i mean im going to play it for sure and then decide, but im lowering my expectations down just in case.

And lol, while watching the boss battle, skip time anywhere in the vid and nothing exciting is happening, tank and spank with ocassional dodge for 20 fking minutes...im guessing this is going to be more pvp oriented.

That depends on how pvp orient it will be, from what i read the kr version has this harse pvp punishment in the open pvp that its pretty much dead (cept for GvG pvp).

And what i catch from other people is that its more a single player game with mmo functions.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/03/06/heres-what-a-black-desert-raid-boss-looks-like/

http://black-desert.com/interviews/black-desert-revelation-an-honest-to-god-interview-with-pearl-abyss-on-the-status-quo-of-black-desert/

There are plenty of articles and beta reviews floating arround, so far it brings mixed feelings to me..i mean im going to play it for sure and then decide, but im lowering my expectations down just in case.

And lol, while watching the boss battle, skip time anywhere in the vid and nothing exciting is happening, tank and spank with ocassional dodge for 20 fking minutes...im guessing this is going to be more pvp oriented.

Thank you for the links. I must say, the boss fight looks rather... boring. Or, to be more specific, it looks like fifteen years ago (or more). Very disappointing. Same goes for the interview - there seem to be nothing new in this game. And it seems very strange that the developers bring the argument of "more casual player" - when gaming history showed us one thing, it is that only a very small number of gamers play a MMORPG on a professionell level, while the rest is just following.

Thank you for the links. I must say, the boss fight looks rather... boring. Or, to be more specific, it looks like fifteen years ago (or more). Very disappointing. Same goes for the interview - there seem to be nothing new in this game. And it seems very strange that the developers bring the argument of "more casual player" - when gaming history showed us one thing, it is that only a very small number of gamers play a MMORPG on a professionell level, while the rest is just following.

You are welcome and yep i was dissapointed aswell, so far it looks like they threw some nice ideas together but as a whole the game is lacking direction, well besides the cash shop that is.

And the biggest irony is that building an mmo only arround casuals is going to be epic fail, since casuals dont stick with games for long, tend to jump from one game to another and what mmos need, is making people hooked with stuff to do and provide a good challenge for the long run.

Looks like just another cow to be milked. :-/ 

Its called a sandbox but it have in game guidance, in game it shows where to go and on map holding your hand wtf? It have cash shop this is not a sandbox it´s more of hybrid more like themepark with some sandbox elements.

I'll bet it have !-? above heads, lvls, xp and instance?

Sandbox don't have any of this.

Archived