TO BAD...

nonusnomeni

It is motion capture software, as i understood from the videos there. Looks interesting. But maybe there are somewhere other similar software like this, which can capture real actor movements and assign it to 3D skeleton/model. Such kind of software is used for making 3D movies like Avatar for example. So it is obvious, that such software already exists. Sadly the problem can be only in the availability of such software for private usage.

Hell, there was something similar to this on Steam a while back.  Designed to be used with Skype and similar video chat programs as I recall.  Graphics were a bit more primitive than that kickstarter, but same idea.  Wish I could remember the name.

Anyway, point being there's definitely stuff similar to this out there.  More than likely it's just a matter of hunting it down and the cost.

Hell, there was something similar to this on Steam a while back.  Designed to be used with Skype and similar video chat programs as I recall.  Graphics were a bit more primitive than that kickstarter, but same idea.  Wish I could remember the name.

Anyway, point being there's definitely stuff similar to this out there.  More than likely it's just a matter of hunting it down and the cost.

I think you mean FaceRig :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274920/

I think you mean FaceRig :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274920/

Yep, that's it.  Definitely not in the same league as the program originally mentioned, but still similar software.

Archived