Creating a world for OKW

It`s not the .....ever-be-easy-part, it`s more the counfusing things in some tutorials.

Textures (roads or terrain, doesn`t matter) are to be put in.....

hm, one says programs\blahblah\source textures.

another one says mydocuments\blahblah\source textures.

So, what should I belive now? Tried the second way, game complains about missing EP-stuff, cannot load a savegame.

Now I am trying the first one and can only hope, this will work and not be a waste of time.

All the same, savegame is messed up, missing EP, blah.

Don`t have a solution on this matter. Frustrating!!

*pats on shoulder* I can`t do anything, but give you psychological support, so here goes: keep your chin up, you have had a steep learning curve but you have learned a lot and you are getting there steadily! Keep up the good work sweets!

Hey, nice to have you back! Your machine working again? Hope so...

Don`t worry, it takes a bit more to stop me finishing this.

Uninstalled CAW and removed all remaining files, to clean things up, reinstall later.

Maybe a fresh folder for sims? We will see.

Desperate times, desperate measures......(grin)

post-813297-0-57460800-1435518524_thumb.png

Thanks! my game is not working yet. just came back from another trip, had 4 hours sleep in 3 days. *tired*  Switching off my brain for a night, and then i might get it running again tomorrow. Turning it off and on again seems to work fine most off the times right? ;) Good luck further with the world;)

Adding a bridge is not that hard. Edit-In-Game-mode shows it, as it should be later in the game. Now save, exit, export, install, start game.

And see, if the game finishes loading the world this time....last try, it did not. Solve one issue, the next one pops up, arrr!

How did EA ever finish this game???

Btw.: DCCache, DCBackup, which one is save, to delete content?

Somehow wonders seem to happen, when you don`t expect them......game did load the world!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

Okay, place a sim, wait for all the mods to pop up their messages and save. See if this loads too......

It does. I don`t get it, things seem to be back to normal again! (life, lemons, lemonade, sell lemonade, buy machinegun, check for more lemons)

Ugh! Done.

Texture -problem solved!

Enlightenment hit me like a Flak-searchlight and testing it worked out fine.

Missing details in some tutorials....

The darker paint is Twinbrook, the lighter sand is base-game. This is the point, where the real fun starts.

Now it is all about learning what to do with opacity and fallout as brush-settings and make this world look better.

post-813297-0-25273700-1436008983_thumb.jpg

Update: added the theatre and a fishing spot. Named the spot "Blackwater Island", is dry land, as I need to test the "Pond Tool" in CAW.

Next will be a restaurant or fast-food for career options.

By now: politics, law, baywatch, crime, education, medical, journalism & business, science.

Causes lag: rapists. Don`t know why, maybe spawning.

Pet adoption, if one NPC starts this with cats or dogs. The little ones cannot climb upstairs. Stupid.

Still better than most EA-worlds.

File size is now at 81 mb, first save game is at 10 - 14 mb.

post-813297-0-29374400-1436388881_thumb.jpg

Just started a new game in Sunset Valley, this took 6 minutes to load the world......6 minutes???

Fleabottom is far away from being a masterpiece, but loading is a Ferrari compared to EA: 35 seconds!

I start to agree with you on that ace-thing :).

Just started a new game in Sunset Valley, this took 6 minutes to load the world......6 minutes???

Fleabottom is far away from being a masterpiece, but loading is a Ferrari compared to EA: 35 seconds!

I start to agree with you on that ace-thing :).

I have never had it load any where near that quick even with just the base game

A new lot: Nectary (or Liquor Store)!

As there is no distillery for the real good stuff, it is this, complete with garage, so no one will see, what your delivery-trucks will have loaded :D. Address 1919 Volstead Street.

And for the weapons-system some stairs to get on the roof and snipe your desired.

post-813297-0-24758400-1437134611_thumb.jpg

post-813297-0-99111500-1437134634_thumb.jpg

post-813297-0-56412000-1437134683_thumb.jpg

post-813297-0-20631900-1437134716_thumb.jpg

post-813297-0-63442000-1437134745_thumb.jpg

Archived