Sexlab Interactive Arousal

• 2 weeks later...

This may have been said already, but under vanilla books, you might want to add volumes from the book series The Real Barenziah, as some of them contain somewhat graphic descriptions like "they made love vigorously on the narrow cot" for example, also Thief of Virtue is another one to considder. Also there was another mod out there on the Nexus (the name of which escapes me) that adds a bunch of books from prievious Elderscrolls games into skyrim, though trying to figure out which ones from that mod to use might be a bit of a task..

I thought all the sex was cut out of the Real Barenziah in Morrowind and subsequent games...?

I have two mods installed, one called Books of Skyrim, and the other one I mentioned in the post that adds books from the older games. I guess it's possible that the mod author for one of those mods could have changed the text in The Real Barenziah series back to the way it was in the older games. I never picked up any books about Barenziah until after I had installed those mods to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to attach potions to this framework?

I know nothing about scripting yet, and was planning a  small personal mod for learning, --  a "Potion of Orgasmic Delight" (name subject to change)--, that when used by the player or by an npc would increase arousal to a large number, and result in a series of orgasmic events. This might be a handy way to get the arousal increase part.

Would it be possible to attach potions to this framework?

I know nothing about scripting yet, and was planning a  small personal mod for learning, --  a "Potion of Orgasmic Delight" (name subject to change)--, that when used by the player or by an npc would increase arousal to a large number, and result in a series of orgasmic events. This might be a handy way to get the arousal increase part.

As far as I know, yes, but not in the exact method that I'm using.  However, that is a thing I will definitely be adding soon.  If you know about CK but not so much about scripting, I think you would have to create a magic effect that the potion applies, and attach my script to the magic effect OnActivate() or something.  Google is an ok resource for getting examples and discussions on it.

Probably in the next update I will create a default magic effect that could be used.  Perhaps also a template potion or something that you could copy and rename.

@BurnyD - thanks for the reply. I am a complete noob with scripts so all help is welcome.  You plans sound good. Thanks for the mod too!

Couple of updates, including potions!

6/12/2015 - Core v1.02, Vanilla v1.02, Requiem v1.01
- Changed how the shrines and altar were handled. Arousal now triggers on application of the magic effect the object applies, rather than on activation of the object. This allows for other mods that might block use of the object to also block the arousal. Specifically, since I use Requiem, it prevented a shrine that wasn't blessing the character from arousing the character. I wasn't able to do the same for amulets because those magic effects aren't unique to that object.
- Consequently, was able to pare down the Requiem file as it no longer needed records for the shrines.
- Added a potion script to the core, as well as 2 template potions (since they are a little more complicated to set up). The template potions are...
Boner Juice - increases arousal only
Fortified Boner Juice - increases arousal and increases stamina for 2 minutes

These potions are not placed in game at all, but you can use the console to get some if you want to try them out.

your directions for adding SLIA to stuff (potions in specific) is detailed very well.

So i will try for myself first.

If i cannot get it to work myself could i recommend adding SLIA to the semen potions from PSQ.

If you have any issues figuring out the potions, don't hesitate to ask.  It is the only thing so far that is a multistep process.

I may just be having issues, but would you mind doing a step by step for me to help me get your mod working? I have Both the requirements, but maybe I am not putting your mods in the right order? Also, what is the "parent mod" and any requirements.... ?

Sure.  It's pretty simple though...

1) Install SLIA - Core.  This will put SexlabInteractiveArousal.esm in your load order.  Make sure it comes below SexLab.esm and SexLabAroused.esm.

2) Install SLIA - Vanilla.  This will put SLIA - Skyrim.esp, SLIA - Dawnguard.esp, and SLIA - Dragonborn.esp in your load order.  These can be loaded in any order.

3) If you use Requiem, you would install SLIA - Requiem after these, and make sure it is between Requiem.esp and RequiemForTheIndifferent.esp in your load order.

That's it for my mods.  However, for the other mods, if you want to use them...

1) Under each other mod (SMUT Books, Books of Skyrim, Devious Manual), there is a link to the mod being supported.  This is the "parent mod".  You must install it along with anything it requires (this is the "and any requirements").  Basically, you need to have that mod fully working in your game.

2) After you have the parent mod installed, install my patch (eg - SLIA - SMUT Books).  Make sure the .esp file for the SLIA patch loads after the .esp for the parent mod.

If you have just my Vanilla files installed, try to interact with the items listed.  If any of them aren't working, it means that there is another mod in your load order overwriting my changes.  That is a more complicated question and solution, but you can always move my files lower in your load order.  As I said, for the SLIA - Skyrim, SLIA - Dawnguard, and SLIA - Dragonborn, they can be loaded *anywhere* in your load order, you can't really get them wrong as they have basically no dependencies on each other or anything other than the master file from the core.  The worst they can do is take away a change from another mod.  If that is happening, you can also use my instructions (if you are comfortable working in the Creation Kit) to add the SLIA script to any other mod.

Or, if you ask me nicely and are patient, you can tell me what mod you are having trouble with and I might be able to PM you back a patch for it (it generally takes me longer to open the CK than it takes me to make the patch).

• 1 month later...

I'm posting a similar update on all my mods...

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have, at least for the time being, taken a hiatus from modding.  Real life is taking me away, and what little time I do have I have been spending actually playing the game rather than modding it (for me, the two tend to be mutually exclusive).

What this means for this mod:

SLIA is a framework.  I applied the framework to some Vanilla items and also some other mods to get the idea out there, but I don't really want to be the person applying it all the time.  With the addition of potions (which could be easily translated into spells), I think I have provided enough of a groundwork for anyone interested to use this for their own purposes.  At this point, whether this takes off or not is less a function of my work and more a function of your interest.

I had intended to make a version of the core that would tie into the arousal system that was planned for Sexlab 1.6, but since that was scrapped it basically stands as is.

For mod authors that I have provided support for, if you give me a heads up that you are updating your mod I will try to update my file to include the new content, at least until further notice (at some point I'll be on to playing Fallout 4).

For anyone who thinks "Gee, wouldn't it be cool if..." and would like to add to this framework... shoot me a PM and ask me.

I still come around the boards and will see any questions you ask and will try to be responsive.

• 1 month later...

This is an excellent framework, with a lot of possibilities. I currently play with various other needs and immersion mods, including RND, and was considering what it might take to make alcohol have an effect on arousal (because, let's face it, getting drunk and horny is a common trope in fiction and real life). Your framework was straight-forward enough, and the new potion effect seems to fit nicely.

One small request; can we get varying potion strength scripts in a later update? RND separates alcoholic drinks into Weak, Normal, and Strong tiers, and I wouldn't mind having this reflected in the options. If I knew more about scripting, I'd take a crack at it, myself.

EDIT: I am having some issues implementing this the way I would like. To explain: Realistic Needs and Diseases adds three Magic Effects for alcoholic beverages; weak, normal and strong, as mentioned before. Following the instructions for adding the SLIA effect, I added the SLIA_Potion script under the RND_DrinkAlcohol script, and set the property accordingly, saved as a separate plugin, requiring masters RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp and SLIA + requirements. But, when my character chugs some Alto Wine... nothing happens. She gets drunk, as expected, but arousal levels don't go up, and no messages are generated.

I've messed with Wyre Smash, to see if I need to ESM-ify RND, but that ends up causing issues when I try to sort plugins with LOOT. It starts complaining about cyclic interaction between RND and 3DNPC, which is bizarre, because those two plugins shouldn't be interacting, anyway...

2nd EDIT: Success! I tried instead to edit the Inebriation magic effects that RND adds and apparently either calls via the DrinkAlcohol script, or as a magic effect on the drinks, themselves. This worked flawlessly.

Alcohol will be in my next update, and making different strengths is just a matter of changing a number so yeah, that's easy.  I was going to try to add the SLIA effect to the function in the game that makes you drunk (probably a magic effect or something on the alcohol although I haven't looked into it).

However, I just moved so it will be a little bit before I'm set up to do any modding.

can you merge plugins too? for example legendary editions:D ,bcs too much plugins for load 

It's actually pretty simple to do it yourself. You just need xedit and the merge plugins script. If you need a tutorial video, the merge plugins script page has several.

i know how to do it:D I apologize for unintelligible question,another question if i merge this plugins slia-skyrim .esp,slia-dawnguard .esp and slia-dragonborn do without any complications in the game? Will it work properly?

can you merge plugins too? for example legendary editions:D ,bcs too much plugins for load 

It's actually pretty simple to do it yourself. You just need xedit and the merge plugins script. If you need a tutorial video, the merge plugins script page has several.

i know how to do it:D I apologize for unintelligible question,another question if i merge this plugins slia-skyrim .esp,slia-dawnguard .esp and slia-dragonborn do without any complications in the game? Will it work properly?

It should work fine, mods with multiple masters usually do. I can't see why it would cause any issues.

It should work fine, mods with multiple masters usually do. I can't see why it would cause any issues.

k thanky we will see:D

• 4 months later...

So... I've been gone for a while.  Moving, real life, family life, and then my computer dying kept me away.  I have a new computer but I'm not really playing Skyrim at all anymore.  As far as Bethesda RPGs go, I've moved onto Fallout 4.

I just wanted to post here that I am officially not supporting this mod anymore.  If anyone is inclined to pick it up where I left, feel free to do so.  If you get some working updates and post them for download, I will provide a link in my mod description.

Sorry I never got around to the Legendary version or the alcohol, I intended to but that's about when my computer died and took my Skyrim modding setup with it.

Anyways, thanks for all the support and I hope my mods have enriched your game.

• 2 weeks later...