Do people even bother to help others on the nexus?

Youwish1

Hey so I have seen so many people and so many comments go unanswered on the skyrim nexus, they have a "what mod is this" and from the pages I looked at nobody even replied....much.

Comments where people have issues get ignored most of the time.

Hell I've made two topics on there about small issues and it took them like a week to answer the first one which I ended up fixing myself after a week.

And the second one hasn't been answered.

I probably post to much on this site but everyone here is amazing, and pretty damn chill(Most of the time). So if you guys ever go to the nexus and see someone in need of assistance, give them a hand :) because most people on the nexus certainly don't.

I think the issue with the Nexus is that it's a very mainstream site with a much higher ratio of mod consumers versus mod makers.

Whereas somewhere like this you have a lot of people who have at the least dabbled with the CK and understand the mod scene a little better.

I'll be perfectly honest. It was Lovers Lab that made me want to mod Skyrim, not the Nexus. Me and a friend are currently making quests and armor sets and stuff like that, and as a side project I was thinking about fiddling around in Sexlab to see if I could do some corruption/mind break stuff with it.

Just look at the way they're tearing apart over this whole paid mod thing. granted most of the prolific modders are staying, but I've seen a lot of threads with four or five paragraphs of whining and taking their mods down, and the other side is no better.

I actually had a post there that sank without answer in the technical support forum....wasn't great.

I remember from my Oblivion modding days though that if you wanted answers and more communication between the mod user and the mod developer the official Bethesda forums were the best place. I use to troll around there a lot...again, back in the Oblivion days.

I think Setekh has a point that since Nexus is pretty much the go-to site for downloading mods, you have a higher ratio of mod users to mod developers. Smaller forums encourage a much tighter community, so forums like this or the TES subforum of the official Bethesda forums typically have less topics sinking without response.

So if you guys ever go to the nexus and see someone in need of assistance, give them a hand :) because most people on the nexus certainly don't.

i don't think there's someone here or on nexus that is checking the support section in case he have the solution for something

a solution... that may be in the readme of the mod...

or in the support section if they took the time to search for it

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46303-ctd-after-change-mi-strigs-for-pachus-maximus/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46031-missing-name-dawnguard-and-dragonborn-items/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45590-missing-names-and-cant-loot-some-stuff/?hl=name

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45371-perkus-potion-bug/?hl=name&do=findComment&comment=1135079

saw those topics while waiting between 2 search, so i gave the solution (last one i got lazy, copy paste from the readme^^)

Guest Vendayn

Well, to be honest...I don't comment at all on Nexus. :P I like mods if they are good. If its really good, I'll vote for file of the month. And, I do have one little mod up on my Nexus page.

Last time I commented on an old account, I reported a few bugs to Elite Gameplay Overhaul mod guy on his comments. And it was actually the mod, as TES5Edit even reported the errors. Guy reported me, and then I was perma banned rofl. Plus part of the ban was because a few of my screenshots contained fairytale armor and that isn't allowed on nexus. So I had double strikes I guess.

So I see no point in posting or commenting or doing much of anything over there except take their bandwidth and cost them money :P

Well, to be honest...I don't comment at all on Nexus. :P I like mods if they are good. If its really good, I'll vote for file of the month. And, I do have one little mod up on my Nexus page.

Last time I commented on an old account, I reported a few bugs to Elite Gameplay Overhaul mod guy on his comments. And it was actually the mod, as TES5Edit even reported the errors. Guy reported me, and then I was perma banned rofl. Plus part of the ban was because a few of my screenshots contained fairytale armor and that isn't allowed on nexus. So I had double strikes I guess.

So I see no point in posting or commenting or doing much of anything over there except take their bandwidth and cost them money :P

Woah you got banned?. That seems a bit harsh.

Guest Vendayn

Yeah. I dunno what actually did it...but at least for Elite Gameplay mod. I opened up with a bunch of compliments and that the mod worked well. And listed a few things that seemed like they were bugged and the errors in TES5Edit. Thats it lol.

And the screenshots, well I did put screenshots of Monli before the Fairytale armor, and they already warned me about Monli and gave me a 1 day ban (no nudity either, I never put nudity on Nexus as that is kind of obvious not to do). But didn't know fairytale armor was a banned armor on Nexus lol. Like I'm supposed to research every single thing in a screenshot to know if its okay or not xD No thanks.

I know elite gameplay guy is a son or family member of one of the mods on Nexus...so he gets special treatment lol. Probably told his family member to ban me because I didn't make it like his mod was perfect. And the screenshots probably didn't help.

Yeah. I dunno what actually did it...but at least for Elite Gameplay mod. I opened up with a bunch of compliments and that the mod worked well. And listed a few things that seemed like they were bugged and the errors in TES5Edit. Thats it lol.

And the screenshots, well I did put screenshots of Monli before the Fairytale armor, and they already warned me about Monli and gave me a 1 day ban (no nudity either, I never put nudity on Nexus as that is kind of obvious not to do). But didn't know fairytale armor was a banned armor on Nexus lol. Like I'm supposed to research every single thing in a screenshot to know if its okay or not xD No thanks.

I know elite gameplay guy is a son or family member of one of the mods on Nexus...so he gets special treatment lol. Probably told his family member to ban me because I didn't make it like his mod was perfect. And the screenshots probably didn't help.

lol really? im pretty sure lumina uses child-like races and uploads pictures to adorable face and her profile, so that's kind of weird and i upload screenshots with KS hairdos and those are banned. I always hear these horror stories about the nexus i hope it never happens to me lol, although it probably will happen eventually with the amount of screenshots i upload :D

Guest Vendayn

I didn't have a problem for years over there, until I started commenting lol and getting noticed. All my screenshots were fine for a long time...and then...I showed myself too much :P

That and then I noticed some dude took my ENB he was helping me with. But because he was helping me with it, he declared it his lol. I thought that was funny really, but Nexus took his side.

Now on my new account...pretty much like I said, I don't really do much except download stuff. Except putting one mod up and endorsing/voting mods...don't really do anything else.

Archived