JContainer's Version Error with Creature Framework

Today I installed Sexlab and the Creature framework and because it needs JContainers, I installed that also. But now when I load up a save I get this message:

Your installed JContainers version is incompatible with Creature Framework, or you dont have JContainers at all. Things will be broken.

I can click "ok" to get out of the message and keep playing but im worried that things will start breaking. I have had a few CTD's while playing like this and wanted to know if anyone has any advice on how to fix it? I have the latest version of both files. 

I had this message once.  It took some fiddling but I finally got it to work by installing Mod Organizer and making JContainers the highest priority available over on the left pane (the mods list, not the plugins on the right).  Right now, my JContainers is in the priority slot just below the XP32MSE skeleton which is #1.

So my suggestion to you would be to make sure you're not using NMM (If you are, switch to MO), and move JContainers all the way to the highest priority and keep it there.

See if that helps.

I had this message once.  It took some fiddling but I finally got it to work by installing Mod Organizer and making JContainers the highest priority available over on the left pane (the mods list, not the plugins on the right).  Right now, my JContainers is in the priority slot just below the XP32MSE skeleton which is #1.

So my suggestion to you would be to make sure you're not using NMM (If you are, switch to MO), and move JContainers all the way to the highest priority and keep it there.

See if that helps.

yeah, that should help. only if message box could contain more end-user-oriented information..

I moved JContainers as far up on the left pane as possible so it is number 1, but still getting the same error. Any other ideas?

I'm trying to remember what else I did to fix this.  I only saw it when I was trying to use Radiant Prostitution, so I backed out most of my SL mods, reinstalled JContainers, moved it up to top priority and then reinstalled the mods.  That seemed to fix it -- at least, now I'm using Radiant without any problem.

(I don't think it was a Radiant problem, I think it had to do with the way I installed everything else).

I moved JContainers as far up on the left pane as possible so it is number 1, but still getting the same error. Any other ideas?

I'm trying to remember what else I did to fix this.  I only saw it when I was trying to use Radiant Prostitution, so I backed out most of my SL mods, reinstalled JContainers, moved it up to top priority and then reinstalled the mods.  That seemed to fix it -- at least, now I'm using Radiant without any problem.

(I don't think it was a Radiant problem, I think it had to do with the way I installed everything else).

I have got Radiant Prostitution installed as well.

• 6 months later...

I had this problem just now.  My updated Jcontainers must've been overwritten by a mod with an older version included.  Simply deactivating my JContainers 2.2.5 in NMM and reactivating it then saying yes to let it overwrite all the files fixed the problem.  And yes I use NMM, there's reasons why it's better than MO if you know how to back up your files properly, and manually install when you need to.  Nmm basically does manual installs for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was reinstalling various SexLab files in my Nexus Mod Manager,

and when i was done and loaded the game i got an error message telling me that 
"Your installed JContainers version is incompatible with Creature Framework, or you dont have JContainers at all. Things will be broken."

It said in More Nasty Critters that JContainer was included in some version of MNC 

( "...JContainers (3.2.5 included)..." )

so i reinstalled More Nasty Critters, and it seams to have fixed the problem.

I had tried to install JContainer by itself in many different ways, but it would not appear in my plugins list.

And even after i installed More Nasty Critters, it did not appear in my plugins list.

Maybe i should uninstall More Nasty Critters,

install JContainer and see if it appears in my Plugins list, before I installing More Nasty Critters?

3 hours ago, Mat-e said:

"Your installed JContainers version is incompatible with Creature Framework, or you dont have JContainers at all. Things will be broken."

It said in More Nasty Critters that JContainer was included in some version of MNC 

I had tried to install JContainer by itself in many different ways, but it would not appear in my plugins list.

And even after i installed More Nasty Critters, it did not appear in my plugins list.

install JContainer and see if it appears in my Plugins list, before I installing More Nasty Critters?

As I understand it, SexLab contains an old version of JContainers. Installing JContainers last and letting it overwrite everything fixes this issue - assuming your JContainers is the latest version.

3 hours ago, Mat-e said:

Jcontainers does not have an esp/esm file. The main problem is, that mods that come with JC sometimes hide it in a BSA. Reinstalling it after installing mods, that need it is the best solution.

• 4 months later...
Spoiler
3 hours ago, gobuchul said:

I don't mean to necro, but I'm having the same problem, even with JContainers at the bottom of the mod list.

Make certain that all your relevant mods are up-to-date. JContainers, Creature Framework, and, if you have them, More Nasty Critters and SLAL.

1 hour ago, Evil Smoo said:

I've installed JContainers after the Sexlab framework and there was no option to overwrite the Framework's files. Do I have to install JContainers manually or something?

It's been a while since I had to do it but I think I just 'installed' JContainers as I would anything else. Are you still getting the error?

27 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

It's been a while since I had to do it but I think I just 'installed' JContainers as I would anything else. Are you still getting the error?

Yes I'm still getting the error. I've uninstalled every mod and re-did everything from vanilla up and am still getting the error

2 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

3rd: Always run FNIS with the first 3 checkboxes checked... 

Why? You don't need the 'Gender Specific' one unless you actually have mod that needs it. The 'Skeleton Arm Fix' - yes. The 'HKX File' one, not with LE. In almost three years I've only ever had the skellie one ticked.

9 hours ago, Evil Smoo said:

Yes I'm still getting the error. I've uninstalled every mod and re-did everything from vanilla up and am still getting the error

Assuming you are using Skyrim LE then you should be using JContainers 3.3.0-RC-3. It's Nexus mod number is 49743.

And just to be clear, the error message specifically mentions the problem being with JContainers?

6 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Assuming you are using Skyrim LE then you should be using JContainers 3.3.0-RC-3. It's Nexus mod number is 49743.

And just to be clear, the error message specifically mentions the problem being with JContainers?

I'm not sure if LE refers to Legendary Edition or some other mod but I'm running Special Edition

9 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

1st: Check if your JC is fitting to your SKSE Version and your SKSE Version is fitting to your Skrim Version...

2nd: Don't mix SE and oldrim files....

3rd: Always run FNIS with the first 3 checkboxes checked... 

JC, SKSE, and SSE are all running up-to-date versions
I was using the SSE version for both JCon and Creature Framework
I'll give the 3 checks a shot but I'm pessimistic lul