STAR CITIZEN modding and SUBFORUM!

Guest jenny2011

Guest jenny2011

I believe it would be a good idea to create a Star Citizen subforum, at least, in anticipation of the upcoming game. It seems like the perfect game for adult mods in the sci-fi 'verse.

The thing is, many mods will not be made unless there's a big enough audience for it, and if there's no centeral forum where people can meet to discuss the game. I do believe this game has immense potential for modding, as private servers will be very customizable and interesting.

So, this game has a few things which are essential for our mods to take off:

• Developers that embrace modding (and promote the concept of client-level mods on private servers)
  • Easy modability! (Use CryEngine with texture and animation support)
  • A huge community (~$80 million for this game raised through crowdfunding alone)
  • A low barrier to entry (the entry price is ~$40)

This game will be the game for mods. Combine that with a massive universe and spaceships, and you have a pretty awesome game for mods.

From the Star Citizen wiki:

How will modding work?
Players will be given full control of their game! When operating private servers, players will be able and encouraged to mod the game.

Is Star Citizen an MMO?
No! Star Citizen will take the best of all possible worlds, ranging from a permanent, persistent world similar to those found in MMOs to an offline, single player campaign like those found in the Wing Commander series. The game will include the option for private servers, like Freelancer, and will offer plenty of opportunities for players who are interested in modding the content. Unlike many games, none of these aspects is an afterthought: they all combine to form the core of the Star Citizen experience.

No matter how good or bad this game appears to be for adult modding, let it come out first and get a few adult mods, then think about things like a subforum for it. For drawing attention to it and discussing it a normal thread will do just fine.

Just let us not get ahead of things here, shall we?

Oh god please no, the hype wagon for this game has cost me 300+ dollars!

I never even considered what ideas for mods loverslab community would come up with.

My brain and heart would explode! Not to mention my pen..

I feel ya.

I planned on spending 30$ for the starter and not more. 

Now i am leading a fairly big organization and already spent more than 400$ 

Many types of games like this have things you can purchase. You start playing then you get hooked. In order to progress either play a hell of  lot more to get stuff or pay for it.

With you as Brothel Keeper ritualclarity?  :P

Na.. I have too many alien abduction and cattle mutilation quota for me to do that task. "Rough Men' is what is needed... except I doubt anybody would be sleeping soundly.. if you get my drift.. lol

How can anyone spend 400$ for a game?

I dont understand... mini-transactions? Your Pen?

Many games like this have mini transactions. YOu aren't 'required' to purchase anything however in order to get ahead of the game in any reasonable time.. you pretty much have to. and in many games like these some things can only be purchased with money. Not sure about this game though havne't looked into it.

Now with this thread however I thought of an angle that the OP hasn't or at least hasn't mentioned. Perhaps a thread for members and want to be members.. Fellow members here can spread the "love" to new members in that game and perhaps even gain some assistance to boot. People can join together there and have some fun when not playing other games modded here. At least until someone makes some mods for it.

It started with reading about the ships and how each of them will be for a certain type of gameplay. And then they compared "The Constellation Andromeda", as the star wars version of the Millennium Falcon. But the ship I wanted was the P-52 Merlin, and I had to outfit it with 2xS1 Omnisky III & a S3 Panther Repeater with INK-2 Splash Shield....yeah thats about $330.00.

I have no life...but geeking out while writing that...makes it worth every penny  :lol:

Never been much for pay to play games so I will probably just ignore this one like most of the other ones. 

Actually I imagine you will be able to earn the ship I bought ($275.00) with the starter ship package ($45 ship/game included with purchase) in maybe a week with in game money. Makes no sense....I know!!!

This thread should be locked before Star Citizen claims anymore unfortunate souls!

Don't goto the link posted above, you've been warned! lol

It started with reading about the ships and how each of them will be for a certain type of gameplay. And then they compared "The Constellation Andromeda", as the star wars version of the Millennium Falcon. But the ship I wanted was the P-52 Merlin, and I had to outfit it with 2xS1 Omnisky III & a S3 Panther Repeater with INK-2 Splash Shield....yeah thats about $330.00.

I have no life...but geeking out while writing that...makes it worth every penny  :lol:

Life is short so enjoy yourself. If that is what you desire and get great pleasure out of it and you do have the money.. what the hell. I have bought stupid things in the past (other comments here ;)) as I am sure others have as well.

If you're going to be promoting the game before it's out, how's about linking to a page about it?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description

If it's only a week to purchase that ship, that's not so bad. Some games have systems whereby you can play the game and, in 500 hours of gameplay, earn a tricked-out tier-2 ship ... or if you pay $30 a month you get about half the cost of that ship added to your account every month and can earn the other half in 300 hours of gameplay, dropping to 150 once you have the ship, of course ... or you can just buy the thing right now for $60.

What the game needs is a brothel .. :P.. Need some in game currency? lol.

Well ... okay, but no anal and no humans. I don't want to get pregnant.

Question, will Loverslab be able to host a private server on the forums server or would that require a game server?

(I ask because I play Arma3/BreakingPoint Mod and if LL could do something like that with Star Citizen I would be in heaven!)  

This game needs a space brothel.

They haven't shown anything yet, but I really want to see their take on character creation/customization.

Yea.. someone else that believes this game needs a space brothel.. :D

What the game needs is a brothel .. :P.. Need some in game currency? lol.

Well ... okay, but no anal and no humans. I don't want to get pregnant.

Humm.. let me educate you... Some species don't need partner to create an offspring some just need to have a place to deposit it... ;). Which  means it won't matter male or female if you mate with them..

On earth there are species that do such a thing as well, most are insects. So at least avoid sex with insects along with humans. ;)

If you're referring to parasitoid wasps, that's not sex. They have sex with other wasps of the same species. Then they "do the nasty" with their host species in a way that no Hollywood horror movie would dare use. Sure, they're going further and further to get 18-certs these days, but I don't think they're ready to go quite that far ... yet.

Anyone with a hatred of cockroaches that would make Nazi anti-semitism look mild, check out the emerald cockroach wasp. You'll love her. (She's very pretty.)

If you're referring to parasitoid wasps, that's not sex. They have sex with other wasps of the same species. Then they "do the nasty" with their host species in a way that no Hollywood horror movie would dare use. Sure, they're going further and further to get 18-certs these days, but I don't think they're ready to go quite that far ... yet.

Anyone with a hatred of cockroaches that would make Nazi anti-semitism look mild, check out the emerald cockroach wasp. You'll love her. (She's very pretty.)

:) . I know..

However if realism is needed.. humans don't breed with bighorns, scorpions, Dogs, or other creatures creating a "clone" either.. which is present in some mods around LL.. ;) I prefer the regular Sci-Fi approach to space and interbreeding.. a mixing of traits from compatible humanoid with non compatible humanoids not resulting in any offspring. Anyway. I doubt there will be a pregnancy aspect to this as it would be a very big job just to get the necessary background work for a brothel (Nudes, animations, conversations, world spaces etc) However it seems as if Simms has this so it is entirely possible to see this in this game once it gains popularity.

Guest jenny2011

It's also the fact that this game isn't really pay-to-win, and will be cheaper than Skyrim, which also has a rather large modding community.

Personally, I think this will be perfect - and it will be better for modding than Skyrim, at least on private servers. We could have a LL private server for this.

Guest Comrade DR. MAHUJ DIK

We should have a LL server!

That would be awesome, we could unify the in a empire with dick shaped spaceships and oversexualized soldiers. I demand giant flying space dicks!