View File

A small request, maybe someone else could find it useful.

This script introduces a force in the opposite direction when you are running. As consequence, you will run slower, but your animation speed will be the same. This more or less tries to emulate the different speed effect you achieve with controller pads.

It only slow downs forward and backward movements, side movements will be at the normal speed.

To slowdown the run just hold the hotkey (default Q, can be redefined via MCM)

You can change the amount of speed on the MCM >>> higher Smoothness = lower speed

To install, just unpack it on Data, as always, and check the ESP on the Load Order (or use a mod manager). Position on the Load Order is uninfluent.

To uninstall, just remove the ESP from the folder and make a clean save.

Recent NVSE (4+) is required.

MCM is optional, it's required to reconfigure the parameters.

No vanilla ID modifies - I can't think to any possible conflicts.

Comparative video to show what I was meaning, if it's not so much clear:

Permissions:

This mod can be considered free for non-commercial use only - please credit the deserving, when deserved - Any mod that contains any assets from this mod MUST SHARE the SAME policies. There are NO exceptions for this: if you don't like this rule, don't use this mod or any of its assets. Instead, if you can stand to my will and you understand that my main purpose is mods diffusion, feel free to do whatever you want with this mod and PM me if you need some help, I'll be glad to help you.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/09/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    NVSE

When I think about what I would like to achieve when I am playing...

When out of combat, I would like to be able to simulate being able to choose how fast I move, and I would not mind a certain amount of fiddling to achieve that - wasd would represent accelleration, perhaps, and the longer I hold them down the faster i move.

But that would not work in combat. In combat, I want to be able to violently change my movement. So here, I start needing to think about how acceleration changes over time.

Plus I am used to "holding down the key means move steadily". And in some games I am used to "double tap means dodge".

So... I am starting to think like in terms of a curve like the capacitor voltage thing here: https://microchip.wdfiles.com/local--files/asp0107:square-wave-oscillators/square_wave_osc_waveform.jpg.

Except it's not quite like that, because we can hold down the key for the opposite direction when we want to move that way.

But... with thought and play testing, maybe we can approach joystick levels of velocity control using wasd...? (I can dream, even if maybe I cannot think things through adequately...)

Woah , Just had an idea cuz of sen4mi.

Hey A.J. correct me if I'm wrong but are you fallout2AM? lol XD

----

Ok back to the idea, long ago I have created a dodge animation for fallout, they are still here. Some were tweaked dodges from a lost mod created by saiden storm. He abandoned the mod and removed it completely thus the dodge feature of the mod was never put up. So i did a little something, i renamed the corresponding dodges to jump left, jump right, and jump back, it emulates the dodge, but removes the regular jump. Maybe you can put a hotkey like you did here to play the dodge anim?

If you want to give it a try reply or pm to me, I'll send you the dodges

EDIT : wait a sec I'll show you the dodges.

there's already something like that, Hitman did the dodge from scratch and I did some scripting, it should be somewhere here if noone removed it :)

I remember some dodge animations that were made once, but they were derived from Oblivion's dodge. I would be careful in checking that first. Using an asset like that would mean a warning in the best case and a one-way ticket to ban in the worst, on nexus

there's already something like that, Hitman did the dodge from scratch and I did some scripting, it should be somewhere here if noone removed it :)

I remember some dodge animations that were made once, but they were derived from Oblivion's dodge. I would be careful in checking that first. Using an asset like that would mean a warning in the best case and a one-way ticket to ban in the worst, on nexus

This is what I meant. Dang youtube taking so long to upload 19mb file

Tweaked some of it, I don't think this came from Oblivion tho

Yeah I tried using hitman's dodge, but it lacked the left and right dodges. Maybe Left and right direction + Dodge key = play dodge animation on corresponding directions.

no they don't seem the ones from Oblivion, absolutely, I would feel pretty confortable to exclude this. However, the backflip seems nice, but the other ones seem a lil strange to me. Maybe it could deserve making some more work on them or re-do from scratch

oh I find dodge animations, or a jump, or in general movements, a pain to be done in a smooth way, they really require a lot of time and never seem super fine.

A script that handle dodge + directions will work, sure. The only downsides are it won't allow diagonal movement, unless a specific diagonal dodge is made, and it would require first person animations too (or first person could be simply excluded via script, like the script won't work if you're on first person)

oh I find dodge animations, or a jump, or in general movements, a pain to be done in a smooth way, they really require a lot of time and never seem super fine.

A script that handle dodge + directions will work, sure. The only downsides are it won't allow diagonal movement, unless a specific diagonal dodge is made, and it would require first person animations too (or first person could be simply excluded via script, like the script won't work if you're on first person)

I find any animations a pain to work with lol :P

Cool hope I still know a little bit of geck scripting. Diagonal dodge movements aren't a big part, left and right are already mind blowing since there are no dodges or roll dodge that exist in fallout. Well there is the hitman roll tho, but the anim doesn't fit the "Dodge"

First person anims , hmmm maybe a script that will force you to third when you are dodging.

Yep. Im no good with animations thats why they arent smooth. Cool. Well tell me if you want the files. Movement key + dodge key for different directional dodges can work, right?

You can use A.J's anim tool in the meantime to set up hotkeys for dodges or rolls. 

Really? Cool. Is there a guide or tutorial on how to set it up? or attach keys to anims?

I never modded Skyrim, except creating an island on the GECK. The animations and the skeleton are different, it would require me to learn them first, and I'm too busy with Fallout right now. In the future, probably, but not now unfortunately.

However my assets are all free to be taken, usually, just some credits are nice if someone think they are deserved