Vigilant of Stendarr randomly attacks me?

wr1

Last night, playing my modded game of Skyrim, the Vigilant of Stendarr who stands outside of the house where you get the quest from the daedric lord of domination ("House of Horrors") in that dwarven city ran up to my character and started attacking.  I hadn't done the quest so he had been standing outside the whole game.

I guess he is tagged as unkillable because I couldn't kill him.  Luckily, since I was playing with SD defeat, I was able to beat him up and tie him up, and then continue with the game.

I thought it was kind of a weird issue, but has anyone else encountered something like this?

Last night, playing my modded game of Skyrim, the Vigilant of Stendarr who stands outside of the house where you get the quest from the daedric lord of domination ("House of Horrors") in that dwarven city ran up to my character and started attacking.  I hadn't done the quest so he had been standing outside the whole game.

I guess he is tagged as unkillable because I couldn't kill him.  Luckily, since I was playing with SD defeat, I was able to beat him up and tie him up, and then continue with the game.

I thought it was kind of a weird issue, but has anyone else encountered something like this?

Mod conflicts and/or running many mods on a weak system can have that effect. On my last PC when doing the Dawnguard main quest line, when I rescued the priest, when I'd enter the fort the rest of the NPC's would try to frag him. Using setstage to get past that, next time I entered the priest would then try to frag me and rest of the NPC's would again attack him lol.

I know of two reasons this can happen, the most common one is if you happen to be allied to the Wolf Faction, the Dawnguard DLC placed Wolves and Vampires as Allies, thus if you're allied with Wolves the Vigilants will flag you as an enemy...do Vampires attack you or ignore you? The other possible reason I know of, the Nexus Mod 'Sleeping Dangers, Sands of Time' had an accidental stuff up that turned all Vigilants hostile, though was quickly corrected in an update, so if you do use that Mod check you're fully updated with it.

Archived