Prepacked HDT-SM - HDT Skinned Mesh Physics with Modding Guide

Just as a note;

Even if your hardware isn't OpenCL2.0 compatible on the lists, give it a try regardless. My lousy R9 270 is supposedly incompatible (GCN1.0, not 1.1 as required) and my CPU, an equally lousy FX4130, is missing some compiling requirement as well. Yet, both SMP physics in Skyrim work and so do OpenCL benchmarks.

They aren't by me and i'm not at the liberty to share them. They are basically the same files you can get from baidu, just with different names inside to match the differently named base shapes.

edit: Apparently i'm free to share them, so here they are:

attachicon.gifhdtSkinnedMeshConfigs.7z

They are provided as-is, no support or the like provided.

Thank you kindly for sharing those t3h0th3r. They helped me a great deal to understand how SMP actually works. There's a small error in them however: The defaultBBPs.xml has a "w" in the first line, rendering the entire xml nonfunctional and consequently SMP idle.

For people who downloaded it but don't quite understand, the first line in your defaultBBPs.xml should look like this;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Just how much difference does it make to use OpenCL?

edit: how do you enable it?

does anyone have any idea how to enable collision between male pelvis <-> female butt so I can get collision during let's say doggy style?

Heyho,

maybe a bit of a dump question, though one has to begin somewhere, right?

So: Why are there in all the xml files I've checked so far nodes like "NPC L PreBreast" or "HDT Belly", but when I check the corresponding body meshes in Nifskope, I can't find any NiNode with that name?! I only could find "NPC L Breast" but no "PreBreast" and no nodes with "HDT" in front.

I've checked normal BodySlide CBBE HDT body, Daies SLFC body and the CLAMS body. Three bodies, that definitely are HDT compatible, though no "HDT BELLY" NiNode or something :(

What did I miss?

Just as a note;

Even if your hardware isn't OpenCL2.0 compatible on the lists, give it a try regardless. My lousy R9 270 is supposedly incompatible (GCN1.0, not 1.1 as required) and my CPU, an equally lousy FX4130, is missing some compiling requirement as well. Yet, both SMP physics in Skyrim work and so do OpenCL benchmarks.

They aren't by me and i'm not at the liberty to share them. They are basically the same files you can get from baidu, just with different names inside to match the differently named base shapes.

edit: Apparently i'm free to share them, so here they are:

attachicon.gifhdtSkinnedMeshConfigs.7z

They are provided as-is, no support or the like provided.

Thank you kindly for sharing those t3h0th3r. They helped me a great deal to understand how SMP actually works. There's a small error in them however: The defaultBBPs.xml has a "w" in the first line, rendering the entire xml nonfunctional and consequently SMP idle.

For people who downloaded it but don't quite understand, the first line in your defaultBBPs.xml should look like this;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Just how much difference does it make to use OpenCL?

edit: how do you enable it?

does anyone have any idea how to enable collision between male pelvis <-> female butt so I can get collision during let's say doggy style?

"does anyone have any idea how to enable collision between male pelvis <-> female butt so I can get collision during let's say doggy style?"

YES, YES, YES @ parzysty - lol - i've been searching for tutorial of how to do exactly that for WEEKS, can't find any... hey LL fam, pleeez help us ;)

Heyho,

maybe a bit of a dump question, though one has to begin somewhere, right?

So: Why are there in all the xml files I've checked so far nodes like "NPC L PreBreast" or "HDT Belly", but when I check the corresponding body meshes in Nifskope, I can't find any NiNode with that name?! I only could find "NPC L Breast" but no "PreBreast" and no nodes with "HDT" in front.

I've checked normal BodySlide CBBE HDT body, Daies SLFC body and the CLAMS body. Three bodies, that definitely are HDT compatible, though no "HDT BELLY" NiNode or something :(

What did I miss?

Because CME, HDT are not for skinning meshes, like I state on my page, and anyone I see who skins meshes to it will get the "Are you unable read" question.

And all NPC X PreBreast are nodes are the translation nodes for the breast bones they function like the length of the string of a pendulum in the physics\animation parts. The name states they are before the Breast bones.

I am a tad bit confused.  A lot of what I read about SMP seems to be geared towards armour modders.  What about users?  Is this something that you could realisticaly replace HDT-PE with in your game?  Would it work with a normal body type, like CBBE, BS2, or UNP (without having to mod them)?  Would armors that were made with HDT-PE functionality work with SMP (again, without having to mod them)?  Is there a significant performance difference?

Basically I want to know how much work I'm actually going to be getting into if I want to have SMP replace the HDT-PE system in my game.  I want the better collisions, I just need more information first.  Also, I appologise if my questions have been answered already.  I just wanted a concise answer.

I am a tad bit confused.  A lot of what I read about SMP seems to be geared towards armour modders.  What about users?  Is this something that you could realisticaly replace HDT-PE with in your game?  Would it work with a normal body type, like CBBE, BS2, or UNP (without having to mod them)?  Would armors that were made with HDT-PE functionality work with SMP (again, without having to mod them)?  Is there a significant performance difference?

Basically I want to know how much work I'm actually going to be getting into if I want to have SMP replace the HDT-PE system in my game.  I want the better collisions, I just need more information first.  Also, I appologise if my questions have been answered already.  I just wanted a concise answer.

Basically, armors that work with PE also work with SMP: Me, I use CBBE HDT body and the CT77 armor replacer, both jiggle like a charm with SMP, I did no tweaks to the armor or the body in the end. Just using the nif files as I get them by Bodyslide.

And if the SMP files are properly prepared, a user should be able to just download them and use them out-of-the-box. The problems that could appear though are, that the armor has inconsequent data (some aos would jiggle, some won't, some collisiion would work, some won't), that the modder made a mistake in the files, and that SMP still is beta and technically not a public release yet.

An example a sinconsequent wrmor data: The normal hands for CBBE are called "Hands", and then the collision between hands and breats works fine. If I'm using gloves or bracers though, the provided name is not "Hands" anymore, so the collision is gone, while the jiggling still works. But that's not the fualt of SMP but the armor.

An example a sinconsequent wrmor data: The normal hands for CBBE are called "Hands", and then the collision between hands and breats works fine. If I'm using gloves or bracers though, the provided name is not "Hands" anymore, so the collision is gone, while the jiggling still works. But that's not the fualt of SMP but the armor.

However, that's easy enough to fix since SMP is very modular. DefaultBBPs.xml holds the list of the other .xml's and specifies what object each applies to. Said Hands .xml would still apply to bracers if the hand object in the mesh is also called "hands". For the ones that are not, easy enough to check them in Nifskope to see the names of the hand objects, make copies of the hands .xml, and reading the defaultBBPs.xml can show how it's pretty simple to add in new entries for those new .xml's and point them towards the different-named hand objects.

However, that's easy enough to fix since SMP is very modular. DefaultBBPs.xml holds the list of the other .xml's and specifies what object each applies to. Said Hands .xml would still apply to bracers if the hand object in the mesh is also called "hands". For the ones that are not, easy enough to check them in Nifskope to see the names of the hand objects, make copies of the hands .xml, and reading the defaultBBPs.xml can show how it's pretty simple to add in new entries for those new .xml's and point them towards the different-named hand objects.

Jap. Now I only have roundabout 150 nif files to do so ;) You know, CT77 Vanilla armor replacer. I've checked it, he calls the one "BanditBracer" and the next "WizardGloves" or sth like that :/

The only problem I'm having is with collisions to vagina for the Clams of Skyrim or SLFC bodies. I have tried most the xml's here and rename the shape name to the proper names in my nifscope. The NiTriShape for Clams of skyrim is Torus001 and for SLFC is Object001 yet still doesn't move. I have penis,butt,breast,stomache and hands working but no vagina can someone help if they got this bodies working thanks.

@Mister X, thanks for the clarification man.  I'll download the items and try them out soon.

I actually have some other questions though.  I've read that this new system is based on "Bullet" and not "Havok".  What are the differences between the two?  What makes bullet better than Havok (other than Havok being a million years old).  Also, how is the game able to use Bullet for physics?  I thought the game came with Havok physics, which was a major limiting factor.  Am I wrong here?  I know that when I bump into items and they go flying around the room, that's because of the buggy Havok physics.  If Bullet is superior to Havok, is it possible to replace the in-game physics as well?  I know it would go a LONG way toward making my game run smoother if it were possible (dual gpu amd here..... sad face T_T ).  I'm guessing that what I'm asking is impossible because I can't be the first one to think of it.  Just wondering.

@Mister X, thanks for the clarification man.  I'll download the items and try them out soon.

I actually have some other questions though.  I've read that this new system is based on "Bullet" and not "Havok".  What are the differences between the two?  What makes bullet better than Havok (other than Havok being a million years old).  Also, how is the game able to use Bullet for physics?  I thought the game came with Havok physics, which was a major limiting factor.  Am I wrong here?  I know that when I bump into items and they go flying around the room, that's because of the buggy Havok physics.  If Bullet is superior to Havok, is it possible to replace the in-game physics as well?  I know it would go a LONG way toward making my game run smoother if it were possible (dual gpu amd here..... sad face T_T ).  I'm guessing that what I'm asking is impossible because I can't be the first one to think of it.  Just wondering.

The game was built with Havok, yes, but it's not necessarily a hardcoded intrinsic part of the game in this sense that nothing else can be added. I'm not sure exactly how Bullet's better, i just know it's more efficient and capable than Havok. This basically slots Bullet in alongside Havok so the game can use it for stuff, it's not so much replacing the physics engine as it is introducing a secondary one to handle its own stuff while Havok handles its stuff, in a manner of speaking.

@Blarrgh, thanks for the info.  I wonder if it will be possible to replace Havok with Bullet at some point

In the mean time, I've removed my HDT-PE, and installed HDT-SM.  I think it's working, but I have new questions.  One of the big things that SM was claiming was that collision would happen on it's own.  After installing SM I have no collision at all, just like PE (I never bothered with it in PE).  I'm using Bodyslide2 with the CBBE HDT body, and hands pass right through the breasts (fully nude, no armor/clothes, Breton race).  Also, what XML do I modify to affect the "bounce" of my characters?  Do I modify the the CBBE XML?

@Blarrgh, thanks for the info.  I wonder if it will be possible to replace Havok with Bullet at some point

In the mean time, I've removed my HDT-PE, and installed HDT-SM.  I think it's working, but I have new questions.  One of the big things that SM was claiming was that collision would happen on it's own.  After installing SM I have no collision at all, just like PE (I never bothered with it in PE).  I'm using Bodyslide2 with the CBBE HDT body, and hands pass right through the breasts (fully nude, no armor/clothes, Breton race).  Also, what XML do I modify to affect the "bounce" of my characters?  Do I modify the the CBBE XML?

Collision's not going to happen on its own out of the box with this default pre-packed one, no. You still need to set up what collides with what (or get someone's .xml that's set up for it), it's just the end result will be a lot better because it's basically using the mesh itself instead of generating rough spheres to approximate where everything is.

Well I tried out t3h0th3r's XML's and they worked well enough.  I started up a new game to test it out.  I've got Alternate start so it starts in a little room.  Collision was working, bounce was working, all seemed well.  Then I tried to leave the Alt Start room.  Thus far, I have not been able to move to another cell without the game pegging at 100% CPU and freezing.  I'll try to describe it in more detail.  I'll either choose a start and use the bed, or leave the start area through the only door (leads to skyrim overworld).  The loading screen goes fine, and it actually does load into the world.  However, after about 1 full second the game completely stops moving.  Everything is frozen, but I can still hear ambient sounds like running water.  CPU usage also shoots up to 100%.  The only change I've made is to add t3h0th3r's XML's to my game.  I tried it on another save that was out in the world.  Same thing happened.  Total freeze and 100% CPU.

Well I tried out t3h0th3r's XML's and they worked well enough.  I started up a new game to test it out.  I've got Alternate start so it starts in a little room.  Collision was working, bounce was working, all seemed well.  Then I tried to leave the Alt Start room.  Thus far, I have not been able to move to another cell without the game pegging at 100% CPU and freezing.  I'll try to describe it in more detail.  I'll either choose a start and use the bed, or leave the start area through the only door (leads to skyrim overworld).  The loading screen goes fine, and it actually does load into the world.  However, after about 1 full second the game completely stops moving.  Everything is frozen, but I can still hear ambient sounds like running water.  CPU usage also shoots up to 100%.  The only change I've made is to add t3h0th3r's XML's to my game.  I tried it on another save that was out in the world.  Same thing happened.  Total freeze and 100% CPU.

Same happened with me. I was going crazy trying to figure out what was doing it to the point I've pruned my mod list about 3 times.

I can think of two possible causes for this issue:

1) You don't have a configs.xml, so HDT SMP trys to use OpenCL with incompatible hardware. Though, here you more likely would completely CTD.

2) there are some wrong settings in your files, what's more likely. Farass described a similar issue a few pages earlier (page 4 I think), maybe this can help.

Else, I have no idea.

I do have a huge list of mods I run, but it was all working up until I added his XML's.  It's pretty odd too.  SM was working just fine on the default configs.  Should I delete the two configs that aren't being used by the "defaultbbp.xml"?  Or is it really just a setting that's bad?  I'd hate to think that my computer doesn't have the right instruction set for openCL.  I'll look into it though.

*Edit - Just looked into my GPU.  It supports OpenCL 1.2

Original SMP uses OpenCL 1.2 but had serious problems with CPU load according to her testers.  HydrogensaysHDT redid SMP but it now requires OpenCL 2.0, which is only supported in Intel and AMD drivers.  There is no version label on SMP but if you got the file prior to 5/22 then it's the old SMP. 

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-4497700-1-1.html

Latest SMP is in the Baidu link.  She also has links for AMD and Intel OpenCL 2.0 drivers for Nvidia users to try.

Note that HydorgensaysHDT just overwrites the SMP file when she updates and the only thing indicative of the version is the date stamp on Baidu.