Crash on the Exit

d4nt320

Like i say everytime i exit from the game it crash on me. i reinstall my game because i have new windows 8.1 Pro x64 so i try to install the game exact same like before but now the game is crashing at the exit. i have all running well except from the crash of course

here my load order

Load Order.txt

i have Stutter Remover too

Edit: Now i have problem with my robert body textures and i using my old save the saves before reinstalling the game.

I have almost the same issue when I travel through a couple of cells ajacent to Evergreen Mills. Something corrupts my save even after leaving the area before saving.

It seems to involve a particular mod that does not directly effect the area. Since I like the mod, I attempt to avoid the area during any extended play periods.

so how i fix crash exit and robert body texture problem ? not clue what mod cause that problem because i search my mods one by one but the crash keep going. before i reinstall the game i not have this problem

As AJ said edit the sr_new_vegas_stutter_remover.ini found in the \NVSE\plugins folder with notepad, look at top is Master section, find bFastExit and set to 1

bFastExit = 1

so how i fix crash exit and robert body texture problem ? not clue what mod cause that problem because i search my mods one by one but the crash keep going. before i reinstall the game i not have this problem

Remove the mods one by one till it stops crashing then report the issue to that mods creator, no way we can do that for you.

If it still crashes with just the normal games verify the game through Steam to be sure there isn't something wrong with the game.With a standard game it shouldn't crash. There are users here that use 8.1 and it works for them so it shouldn't be the OS. The last thing is some custom configuration with the .ini, Script extenders or even the editing of the fast exit .ini was don't wrong.

If you can't get it to work quickly now that all your mods are unistalled. Nuke the install and install completely fresh. AFter delting it from STeam go in and manually delete the remainder. Then install. Then play the game as is nice and fresh to be sure it isn't something else later. Then add one thing at a time and play. At the TESedit, NVSE, Extenders. etc.

I would say it's one of your INI files that is causing the issue :

Fallout.ini

FalloutPrefs.ini

Delete them (after backing them up, you never know), and have the game regenerate them, or redownload them from Steam.

If you still experience crashes at launch, I'd recommend a complete reinstall from Steam ("verifiy integrity of game cache").

Also make sure you have no left over files in your game data folder, like loose xml interface files.

Sexout itself was causing this problem about 18 months ago.

The problem there was that the ESM somehow got a bad edit, where the "previous sibling" field in one of the animation records for a human animation was pointing to a creature animation -- instead of to the actual previous human animation, or null.

NVSR did fix the issue if the INI was edited, but that's just covering up the actual problem. I fixed the ESM and no more crashes. It was crashing the GECK on exit as well, not just the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the crash on exit issues are related to DirectX, since this is a new install with no mods, I am thinking more along this line. Try installing DirectX with the latest version from Microsoft, after verifying the game cache folder using the Steam client.

Bad scripts or corrupted script files can also be the cause, if you have anything left over from the modded install then I would just make sure to delete them. I usually delete all folders under "Data" and leave the BSA files and ESM files alone, it would be difficult if not nearly impossible for a mod to fubar those and it will save you a ton of time on the download for verifying your game cache.

Most of the crash on exit issues are related to DirectX

Really? I've never seen that be the case. Are you sure you didn't think this post was made in the skyrim section or something? There hasn't been a DX9 update in ages.

Your isolation here is definitely showing through, there are many posts in regards to DirectX issues and the crash on shutdown problem on many technical support forums, it has nothing to do with an "updated" version of DirectX 9 but a corrupted one. You are at least correct on there not being updates or work on DirectX 9 in years.

Your isolation here is definitely showing through, there are many posts in regards to DirectX issues and the crash on shutdown problem on many technical support forums

Fair enough. I do tend to avoid the sorts of forums (and people) that do something as fundamentally absurd as "corrupting" their DX installations. That takes a level of incompetence bordering on criminal.

it has nothing to do with an "updated" version of DirectX 9 but a corrupted one.

Then why did you say "Try installing DirectX with the latest version from Microsoft"? The latest DirectX is version 12 and isn't going to help anyone with such a problem on bit.

Your isolation here is definitely showing through, there are many posts in regards to DirectX issues and the crash on shutdown problem on many technical support forums

Fair enough. I do tend to avoid the sorts of forums (and people) that do something as fundamentally absurd as "corrupting" their DX installations. That takes a level of incompetence bordering on criminal.

it has nothing to do with an "updated" version of DirectX 9 but a corrupted one.

Then why did you say "Try installing DirectX with the latest version from Microsoft"? The latest DirectX is version 12 and isn't going to help anyone with such a problem on bit.

Meh , my bad, I thought all DirectX installs were backward compatible, perhaps since it is at version 12 it no longer supports version 9.

Archived