Homeworld Remastered

LordJerle

First thing, I've gotta say, damn this game is sexy.  The battles are as beautiful as I remember them in my mind's eye from the first days I picked up Homeworld.  They did a top notch job of remastering the game, not just "Oh, we tweaked the engine so you can put it into widescreen now" like have been done with other games.  That being said, it puts quite a strain on my video card (760 GTX.  Not resource-wise, that's fine.  No stuttering or anything, but it does put out a lot of heat.  Considering a liquid cooling solution like I did with my CPU (highest temp recorded in game was 38), but it seems more expensive than my CPU's liquid cooling.  Also, the interface is a little big, still.  I wish I could scale it down a bit so I see more of the action while building more ships to get blown up.  

But damn this game is sexy.  I got a boner while playing it.  Seriously.

It does look like a great remaster, definitely worth the money.

I will pick it up when it's on sale though, since I already have both games on disks and havnt played em in a while

It was on sale when they did the pre-order :-P  They literally had a 25% off pre-order sale for a week or so.

I might also mention that it comes with both original games, tweaked to work on PC WITHOUT registry edits or spanish version cracks :)

Homeworld 1 + 2 were games from my childhood that and Command and Conquer Generals Plus Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 I literally almost defecated in my pants when I saw they were re-doing it so I insta pre-ordered it and I don't regret it one bit because the remaster is quite amazing. its also moddable! I already have a map pack installed someone made for the remaster.

Side note: anyone here every realize that the suicide bomber squad in C&C Generals said "I love a crowd"

Homeworld 1 + 2 were games from my childhood that and Command and Conquer Generals Plus Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 I literally almost defecated in my pants when I saw they were re-doing it so I insta pre-ordered it and I don't regret it one bit because the remaster is quite amazing. its also moddable! I already have a map pack installed someone made for the remaster.

Side note: anyone here every realize that the suicide bomber squad in C&C Generals said "I love a crowd"

The Generals series was the only one that I actually liked out of the entire series :-P The pacing for the rest of it seemed off to me.

On a side note, I hope somebody re-releases the star wars mod for the high def version >.>

Pff, I want HM3 :P

But relic is at sega now and anything that gearbox touch recently - turns to garbage.

So no hope.

BTW there is new homeworld game in production!

Butttttttttttttttttttttt

It is some sort of euro turck simulator genre game with mmo elements

Pff, I want HM3 :P

But relic is at sega now and anything that gearbox touch recently - turns to garbage.

So no hope.

BTW there is new homeworld game in production!

Butttttttttttttttttttttt

It is some sort of euro turck simulator genre game with mmo elements

You're talking about shipbreakers.  No, it's not.  Have you even watched the gameplay videos?  It's a ground based RTS based on the warfare between the clans prior to the discovery of the hyperspace cores.

If anyone's up for a game or two sometime, add me on Steam.  Lord Col.Jerle.  I'm always up for a good match.  Can only smack the PC around so much before it gets old >.>  Homeworld 2 is something that I play often, so I didn't really have to remember how to play, so much as LOOK AT ALL THE PRETTY THINGS!!!

Still waiting on the patches to see if they can unfuck the formations in 1. No, I don't care that it's running on the 2 engine and by that games standards formations work, I want my classic formations back. I want sphere to be a sphere and when it guards, I want them to surround the guarding ship. I want them to stay in fucking formation when attacking.

Also hopefully they unbreak salvaging so I don't have to target every fucking one by hand when there are multiple ships I want to steal. Also maybe fix the fact that my ships still attack salvaged ships on their way back to the MS/carrier to be captured, and no amount of evasive tactics and moving them the fuck away makes them stop.

And of course I want to see balance in the multiplayer, because HW1 races are a fucking joke against HW2 races.

Still waiting on the patches to see if they can unfuck the formations in 1. No, I don't care that it's running on the 2 engine and by that games standards formations work, I want my classic formations back. I want sphere to be a sphere and when it guards, I want them to surround the guarding ship. I want them to stay in fucking formation when attacking.

Also hopefully they unbreak salvaging so I don't have to target every fucking one by hand when there are multiple ships I want to steal. Also maybe fix the fact that my ships still attack salvaged ships on their way back to the MS/carrier to be captured, and no amount of evasive tactics and moving them the fuck away makes them stop.

And of course I want to see balance in the multiplayer, because HW1 races are a fucking joke against HW2 races.

The first two points I have no disagreement with :-P

However, I've done just fine with HW1 races against HW2 races.  There's a few things you need to learn to take advantage of in HW1 vs 2 races. The resource collection in HW1 races far outpaces those of HW2 races, so you can be good with resources and building long before they can poop their units out.  The build speed is also quicker for units up to frigates, with a higher unit cap.  True, research is more of a pain in the ass, but needs to be a priority in order to take advantage of the HW1 races strengths.

Archived