Need a Recommendation for a Cooling Pad

Car Fax

Hey all,

I recently bought a cooling pad from Canada Computers.

It was this one.

But even with the slider on max, my CPU is still in the red (90 degrees Celsius).

I'm thinking of returning it, and getting a more powerful one.

Technical Stuff:

- 3 Year old Laptop (might explain why it's overheating of late...time to get a new one?)

- Quad Core

- 14.94 Inches in width

Well, I think that's all the relevant stuff anyway.

Any suggestions? 

Return it, and don't waste your money. Take the cover of the laptop off, clean all the gunk out, make sure the fans are working. If they're not, replace them.

A friend of mine also recommended that, but I'm not sure how to do it safely.

Or at all.

It's easy. Nothing really technical involved. Search google for "open <your laptop make and model>" and chances are there's an iFixit or instructable or something for it, with instructions and pictures. Maybe a video. You won't need more than a screwdriver (perhaps a torx screwdriver) and maybe some plastic prytools. You can always use butter knives or something if you're a cheapskate and don't mind scratching the bezel up a bit.

It's easy. Nothing really technical involved. Search google for "open <your laptop make and model>" and chances are there's an iFixit or instructable or something for it, with instructions and pictures. Maybe a video. You won't need more than a screwdriver (perhaps a torx screwdriver) and maybe some plastic prytools. You can always use butter knives or something if you're a cheapskate and don't mind scratching the bezel up a bit.

Eh, it's worth a try.

All I have to do is avoid breaking anything.

Edit: Updated the system BIOS, and found a video in which someone disassembles a laptop that is the exact same model as mine.

Guess I'll be returning that pad then!

Many thanks, Prideslayer!

Archived