set NPC weight issue

rockitten

Hi, I just used the console command to change NPC weight (SNPCW), while I know there will be potential neck-seam issue which I have solved by disable and re-enable the character, now the face of the NPC is discolored and even cannot be fix even if I load previous save or even start a new game.

Just wonder what's happened and how can I fix it?

By the way, is it possible to use CK on mod organizer?

This happens to me all the time with altered NPCs and custom ones. If the NPCs weight is not right and the creator tells you to use the console to adjust it, BAM, they don't go grey, but they go real dark. Like they change from Nord to Redguard type of color change. I have tried several Ysolda revamps and all have had their weight needing to be adjusted and then their head tuns to Redguard coloring.

But from experience changing the weight back, or loading a save before the change was made usually fixes things. I end up giving them a necklace to wear to hide the seem, and if they will not wear it then I just remove the mod and let them be themselves and or undo any changes and leave them alone. It happens more with female NPCs for me than Male. The Men seem not to have any issue with changing their weight, but women sure seem to have an issue. As rule number #1 of modding, always make a "clean save" before altering anything. That way you can just fall back to the previous save. Also always have the NPC in front of you while making changes so you see what is going on. That way if it doesn't work you know it, and can go back to that clean save you made. Its the only way to be sure.

This happens to me all the time with altered NPCs and custom ones. If the NPCs weight is not right and the creator tells you to use the console to adjust it, BAM, they don't go grey, but they go real dark. Like they change from Nord to Redguard type of color change. I have tried several Ysolda revamps and all have had their weight needing to be adjusted and then their head tuns to Redguard coloring.

But from experience changing the weight back, or loading a save before the change was made usually fixes things. I end up giving them a necklace to wear to hide the seem, and if they will not wear it then I just remove the mod and let them be themselves and or undo any changes and leave them alone. It happens more with female NPCs for me than Male. The Men seem not to have any issue with changing their weight, but women sure seem to have an issue. As rule number #1 of modding, always make a "clean save" before altering anything. That way you can just fall back to the previous save. Also always have the NPC in front of you while making changes so you see what is going on. That way if it doesn't work you know it, and can go back to that clean save you made. Its the only way to be sure.

That's exactly the issue I am having. What is really weird is that the "redgard" face still there even when I load the previous (clean) save or start a new game.

NPC weight is permanently saved in a savegame, even if the NPC has not been spawned yet. AFAIK the only proper way around this is to start a new game.

Also any visual NPC changes require to re-export the facegendata in the CK.

CK + MO works like everything else, you simply add the executable and only launch it through MO.

NPC weight is permanently saved in a savegame, even if the NPC has not been spawned yet. AFAIK the only proper way around this is to start a new game.

Also any visual NPC changes require to re-export the facegendata in the CK.

CK + MO works like everything else, you simply add the executable and only launch it through MO.

So is that that mean, even if I had just change the weight of a NPC via console code, I still have to re-export the facegen data via CK to make it back to normal, otherwise the glitch will still be there even if I start a new game? 

Starting a new game always resets whatever you changed in-game.

If you still have dark weirdo faces, then the bug was already there, or you changed something like the load order and didn't notice.

To clarify, the export in CK is only done when you change visual options of an NPC in their plugin.

And using the command "setnpcweight" in-game is 100% pointless, this will effectively break your savegame.

From http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console about "setnpcweight":

Saving and re-loading a game after it's been used on an NPC may result in neck seams, as NPC head meshes are pre-modeled and not procedurally generated to the new weight value.

Archived