Lack of sexout animations

I need help this time...

Currently, I am not getting sexout animations.

Specifically, in the initial dialog with Eddie the powder ganger, I get my character and eddie standing inside each other, with no animation.

I have my mod list trimmed down to:

Active Mod Files:

00  FalloutNV.esm [CRC: 26D5B980]
01  MikotoBeauty.esm [CRC: B64F8CC0]
02  Sexout.esm [CRC: 0749A668]
03  SexoutCommonResources.esm [CRC: 1B4BB982]
04  SexoutLegion.esm [CRC: A2E337C6]
05  Body by Race.esp [CRC: 14DB2477]
06  SexoutPowderGangers.esp [CRC: 711064F3]

If I remove Mikoto/Body by Race my game crashes.

Also, console does not work for me, despite having bAllowConsole=1 under [interface] in both Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini under Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\

Also I was not able to get SexoutSex to give me any animations when I tried it earlier.

I believe all files are current, but I can check checksums or md5sums or whatever if someone tells me where to look.

I would like to re-enable animations.

You've installed some other animation mod that was made by a lazy modder, and it is interfering with sexouts animations. You can disable the mod, fix it, or contact the author and ask them to fix it.

There's a post in the main sexoutNG thread on how to fix the issue yourself, look in the 'useful posts' section.

You've installed some other animation mod that was made by a lazy modder' date=' and it is interfering with sexouts animations. You can disable the mod, fix it, or contact the author and ask them to fix it.

There's a post in the main sexoutNG thread on how to fix the issue yourself, look in the 'useful posts' section.

[/quote']

I believe I have disabled all other animation mods.

Currently, I only have two .esm files enabled that contain IDLE: FalloutNV.esm and Sexout.esm. I do not have any .esp files enabled that contain IDLE.

I believe I have also reinstalled all the animations from the sexout datapack and anims files.

That said, I have reviewed every link that I saw in the "useful posts" section of http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3198 and I believe your above message was suggesting that I try the steps listed in http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3198&pid=95901#pid95901. However, I do not think I have any such mod enabled.

Here are md5sums for the .esm and .esp files I have, with the files listed in date order:

fd13cc176f14e6b6dc489e0c2500595b *FalloutNV.esm

47c4e5fd6651695fe889ebeaa7be829a *MikotoBeauty.esm

2d3766af2245b8cf4cc629858d83ed52 *Body by Race.esp

05faba9d066fc1be1ff1b86e2f7b2a46 *Sexout.esm

3279988e1c08c0bad6c58ce5d6729253 *SexoutCommonResources.esm

7f46d174c3250ca9b90425cf3729557e *SexoutLegion.esm

78b5c6635e0adb1bcfecbe618a6473be *SexoutPowderGangers.esp

If you have any ESP enabled that uses one of your "disabled" ESMs, then that ESM is going to silently be loaded anyway.

Only two things can cause those symptoms -- characters moving into one another, then not actually playing the sex animation.

1) The animations are not installed.

2) Another mod is interfering with pickidle by jacking around with the animation groups.

I've seen this issue pop up enough to know that it's usually #2, since installing the animations pack is just clicking "install" in FOMM, it's nearly impossible to screw up.

Ok... but I am not convinced that the problem is a mod that is "installed but disabled":

C:\games\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\data>dir *.esm
Volume in drive C is Windows
Volume Serial Number is 2004-2D8A

Directory of C:\games\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\data

01/01/2008  12:00 AM       245,650,747 FalloutNV.esm
01/01/2008  12:11 AM           196,517 MikotoBeauty.esm
01/01/2008  12:40 AM           748,895 Sexout.esm
01/01/2008  12:41 AM           645,243 SexoutCommonResources.esm
01/01/2008  12:44 AM           311,180 SexoutLegion.esm
              5 File(s)    247,552,582 bytes
              0 Dir(s)  437,333,381,120 bytes free

C:\games\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\data>dir *.esp
Volume in drive C is Windows
Volume Serial Number is 2004-2D8A

Directory of C:\games\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\data

01/01/2008  12:27 AM           149,233 Body by Race.esp
01/01/2008  12:46 AM            89,829 SexoutPowderGangers.esp
              2 File(s)        239,062 bytes
              0 Dir(s)  437,333,385,216 bytes free

C:\games\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\data>

Your suggestion sounds plausible, but I just do not know what I am looking for.

So this suggests that my problem is that I do not have the anims installed?

But I have reinstalled them, also. I can check for the presence of specific files, of course, and I can do checksums on them, or whatever...

This leaves only my save file, and it does contain the string IDLE, but I am somewhat baffled about the mechanism if that is the problem, and I do not know how to isolate a problem it can be triggered from the save file even with the mod uninstalled.

If that's all there is to it, then yes, check that the anims are properly installed. If you installed them manually or with NMM, try again with FOMM.

Those are, honestly, the only two things that can cause the problem unless one of the other ESMs has become seriously jacked up since the last time I checked. You can disable everything except FalloutNV.esm and Sexout.esm, and then use the "how to test creatures/animations" post in the sexoutNG thread to make sure that sexout itself is working through the console.

If that also does not work, then the anim files are not installed or are installed to the wrong place.

If that's all there is to it' date=' then yes, check that the anims are properly installed. If you installed them manually or with NMM, try again with FOMM.

Those are, honestly, the only two things that can cause the problem unless one of the other ESMs has become seriously jacked up since the last time I checked. You can disable everything except FalloutNV.esm and Sexout.esm, and then use the "how to test creatures/animations" post in the sexoutNG thread to make sure that sexout itself is working through the console.

If that also does not work, then the anim files are not installed or are installed to the wrong place.

[/quote']

Except console does not work for me. :(

Edit: I have console working. I will try the isolation techniques you suggested above.

If anyone else runs into this problem, I found the solution here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959559-fallout-new-vegas/56850646

The solution was:

Open Control Panel

Open Device Manager

Scroll down to Human Interface Devices

Uninstall the "Infrared Receiver"

I have *no* idea how that can matter, but after uninstalling it, the console works for me.

Using just sexout, I was able to get some animations to play, using the approach detailed in http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3198&pid=61210#pid61210

For example:

set "01000dc0".anim to 201

set "01019333".actora to getself

set "01019333".actorb to player

cios 010027A8

However, I do not know the animation number(s) that would be used in the Eddie encounter. So I cannot perform a proper test here.

I have determined that it's something in my save file that is causing the problem.

This is going to make tracking this down to the original mod a pain.

I started a fresh game, with only sexout enabled.

I then enabled SexoutPowderGangers (which brought in SexoutLegion and SexoutCommonResources) and ran over to talk with eddie. Animations worked.

I then tried loading my old save, and that crashed the game.

I then enabled Body by Race (and Mikato) and loaded my test save where I was standing beside eddie, and animationes still worked.

I then loaded my old save and talked with eddie, and animations did not work. :(

So, for now, I think I am going to have to rely on superstition when I pick my mods and I am going to have to start over with a new game.

Uh you know' date=' it looks like you're missing the ZAZ ESP. "Powder ganger tryout" didn't even click. That has additional animations defined in the ESP that the tryouts are using.

Edit: it also has its own datapack.

[/quote']

Ok, I'll enable that again, and see if anything changes.

Edit: I enabled SexoutZAZ.esp, but did not see anything noticably different. My test save still gets animation. My older save does not.

Oh right.. sorry for the mixup.

As for the save game being corrupt.. I've heard of it happening, but never seen it (in FO3 or FONV). Loading a savegame with a missing ESP or ESM just gives you a warning, then deletes that stuff from the loaded save. This is why and how clean saves work to begin with. Just keep testing.

As for the save game being corrupt.. I've heard of it happening' date=' but never seen it (in FO3 or FONV). Loading a savegame with a missing ESP or ESM just gives you a warning, then deletes that stuff from the loaded save. This is why and how clean saves work to begin with. Just keep testing.

[/quote']

If I recall correctly, save games are essentially the same kinds of files that plugins are. There are some differences, of course, but I think most of those differences are content and relatively few of them are format.

As for the save game being corrupt.. I've heard of it happening' date=' but never seen it (in FO3 or FONV). Loading a savegame with a missing ESP or ESM just gives you a warning, then deletes that stuff from the loaded save. This is why and how clean saves work to begin with. Just keep testing.

[/quote']

If I recall correctly, save games are essentially the same kinds of files that plugins are. There are some differences, of course, but I think most of those differences are content and relatively few of them are format.

They are, however, that is not really relevant.

[/quote']

They are, however, that is not really relevant.

It's not?

You had said that the issue was either a lack of animation files or a plugin.

My investigation shows that the save file was the cause.

I was inclined to believe that this fit the pattern you described, with the save file being the plugin. And I do not believe you are telling me here that the save file was being the animation data.

So... from this... I can conclude that I am overlooking some important piece of information?

It's not?

As I already pointed out, information in a save referencing a missing plugin is removed from the save when it's loaded. If you activated a mod that broke animations and made a save, then deactivated that mod and loaded the save, the animations would resume working. Plugins and savegames share the same format. That does not make them the same thing.

It's not?

As I already pointed out' date=' information in a save referencing a missing plugin is removed from the save when it's loaded. If you activated a mod that broke animations and made a save, then deactivated that mod and loaded the save, the animations would resume working. Plugins and savegames share the same format. That does not make them the same thing.

[/quote']

Ok... it's true that I did not try saving again and seeing if the IDLE was gone from my save file, and I was using a quicksave so that particular save is gone. (But I do have earlier saves for that character, some not too far from the powdergangers, so I could try to reconstruct that scenario.)

Nevertheless, I had repeatable behavior, where that save was giving me broken animations with exactly the same set of installed plugins (all active) that were working with a different save.

So, anyways, I am having problems reconciling what I saw in that situation with what you are telling me now.

In one post I think you are telling me that the IDLE references are problematic and in this post you are telling me that they are not. But FOMM does not give me a view into save files like it gives me with plugins (with tessnip), so I *am* mostly guessing here.

Still, my hypothesis about the IDLE references in the save file is my best one (my only one). But it's true that I am not sure how I would go about testing this hypothesis.

So that leaves me with believing you, being confused, and not having any better ideas to replace my hypothesis.

I am noticing that I am running into a number of little problems, some of them with symptoms similar to the topic of this thread. So I am going to report on my observations here:

First, I have brutal rapers installed, with chances for most events. Anyways, when I was visiting dr mitchell, I started getting some lewd looks. So, I ran outside, but not fast enough, because he jumped me on his lawn. Here, I got the "standing inside of each other animation". Unfortunately, I did not think fast enough to save my autosave. But I did notice that there was a message in my console corresponding to that event:

SexoutNGBES: You picked a classic animation but made an NG call. Please use an NG animation for 0.

Not too long after that, I got another stalker type event. This time it was a coyote. I let it catch up to me to see what would happen, and it turned hostile and attacked me. That seems like a plausible sequence of events. But in the console I see these messages:

SexoutBrutalRapers: Coyote is stalking Anna

SexoutNGSAN: Aborting due to 9.2

SexoutNGSAN: 9.2 is 0015818D

SexoutNGSAN: Aborting due to 9.2

SexoutNGSAN: 9.2 is 0015818D

Finally, I arrived at the powder gangers where I was going to try to recruit myself a sheriff. I was low on funds, so I offered a blowjob to get in. Offer was accepted, and door was unlocked, without any animation or anything seeming to happen.

I did not notice anything specific there (though I am wondering if that second 9.2 report was from this encounter).

I need to keep a closer eye on my console log, so I can tell when messages show up...

In my experience I have had corrupt saved games and sometimes they have even trashed the NVSE files for some reason and I need to reinstall NVSE to get the game working again. The do the Steam "Check Cache" thingy.

Usually this sems to be when trying to use an old save game where the plugins (usually mine) are now way incompatible with the version saved in that game.

Nexus Mod Manager always messes up installs, I have a mod that has 3 parts to make it work, yet I have to install separate. I install part 1 that goes OK, But when I install part 2, it deactivates the 1st one, so when I run it a lot of stuff is missing, so stick with FOMM..

Try not to ever use a quick save as those only contain a portion of what an auto or manual new save have. Quick saves have always been buggy/problematic with Beth games all the way back to Morrowind and it is best to turn them off. Auto saves seem to work fine for FNV.

One thing to remember is a save game is just a temp placeholder unlike esp's. The information is constantly changing depending on what plugins you have running and their priority in load order in cases of conflict. This is why no one wastes time on making editors for save games. I realize this isn't enlightening but I am not sure that exploring/understanding save games in the way you are asking is ever going to pay any dividends beside perhaps peace of mind :)

Nexus Mod Manager always messes up installs' date=' I have a mod that has 3 parts to make it work, yet I have to install separate. I install part 1 that goes OK, But when I install part 2, it deactivates the 1st one, so when I run it a lot of stuff is missing, so stick with FOMM..

[/quote']

Most mods that come in parts like that are usually supposed to be unzipped to a temp location and then installed via create omod from there. Not all mind you, but most. The only reason they were in parts to begin with is simply for file hosting ease.

Course I do hate NMM so please don't take this post as justification for using that hunk of garbage :)