CONFUSION: Racemenu, ECE,EEO, morphs, Citrus

Kitty-Ears

So I am setting up my mods for my very first PC modded play through.

I want to get everything right the first time. Since I want to use Familiar Faces I decided to go with Racemenu.

But my ECE character looks different in Racemenu, I hear talk that ECE is obsolete because Racemenu can import the ECE morphs. HOW? i don't understand how I can get my head back to normal! (in ECE its smaller and round, in Racemenu my head is to big and long)

I also have eyebrow clipping with Racemenu =(

Etherial Elven Overhaul:

Why does every mod say it doesn't work with this? Is it outdated? is it obsolete now?

Citrus specifically says its not compatible, that you don't need EEO.

"Compatibility for custom popular heads and their morphs such as Ethereal Elven Overhaul and RAN's Head Meshes, ECE morphs, CME morphs were long ago integrated into RaceMenu. Thus making the use of such mods themselves redundant. Or not directly compatible with how RM works.

This mod is based off of RM and it's vast amount of morphs, and as such had ALL of the facial morphs from RM converted to match the new high poly head.
This by extension means that this head mod already contains the morphs for ECE, RAN's, EEO and CME."

It says the EEO morphs are already contained in RM and Citrus... So HOW do I get them?? When i uninstall EEO the character look different. From the description of citrus I thought i would not need EEO to get the smooth face anymore. So what exactly am I missing?

With Just Citrus

post-692003-0-67074600-1422554330_thumb.jpg

With Citrus and EEO

post-692003-0-15442900-1422554355_thumb.jpg

With Racemenu & ECE (version 0.85)

post-692003-0-10824600-1422554438_thumb.jpg

With Just Racemenu

post-692003-0-82216200-1422554429_thumb.jpg

EEO has morphs that replace the vanilla styles.

RM has the same morphs but instead of replacing vanilla, they are additional sliders that are named something else or are a different slider setting.

As for the 'smoothness' your referring too that's nothing more than the normal map.

Just extract that out of the EEO archive and replace the vanilla elf normals and you'll have smooth textures for your elves again.

For the ECE to RM conversion, just export your ECE head as a nif, uninstall ECE and and install RM and import your head geom into RM.

There's guides and stuff on how to do this more in-detail if you search on the forum or google.

EEO has morphs that replace the vanilla styles.

RM has the same morphs but instead of replacing vanilla, they are additional sliders that are named something else or are a different slider setting.

As for the 'smoothness' your referring too that's nothing more than the normal map.

Just extract that out of the EEO archive and replace the vanilla elf normals and you'll have smooth textures for your elves again.

For the ECE to RM conversion, just export your ECE head as a nif, uninstall ECE and and install RM and import your head geom into RM.

There's guides and stuff on how to do this more in-detail if you search on the forum or google.

"RM has the same morphs but instead of replacing vanilla, they are additional sliders that are named something else or are a different slider setting"

Where? I only have the regular presets. That is what I cant figure out. I have been google searching and searching forums all day and I do not see anything inside Racemenu that gives me an option to replace vanilla headmorphs.

I will try to find a tutorial, but everything I come actoss is not what I am asking for. everyone just says "Oh yeah Racemenu has EEO and ECE head morphs!" but no where can I find anyone say where and how.

Maybe I am just not typing in the right things.

been searching "Racemenu Headmorphs" "Racemenu presets" "ECE head morphs in Racemenu" "EEO headmorph in Citrus" 

ZIp, nadda... am I blind? Maybe lol

Thanks for any help =)

Also my character got all messed up after Citrus. Her eyebrow is clipping bad and her mouth is all distorted =(

post-692003-0-46657700-1422562125_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Ok I put the EEO Normal maps in with Citrus. That is not what i was talking about. As you can see from my previous pictures posted, the EEO head is shaped diferantly. Normal maps are just the textures right? I am talking about the actual shape of the head. Citrus Description says you dont need EEO, that its already there in Racemenu... but where is it in racemenu? I am so confused...

Eyebrow clipping can be solved with RM's sculpt mode.

So can the mouth, maybe...

As for your EEO question, I don't understand. What are you looking for? EEO morphs?

As an example if you look at the ear types sliders, some of the numbers (like 8 or 10) are the same ear type as what you get in EEO etc...

You can probably take a look in the races.ini + the translation file and find which sliders and morphs come from the nuska folder of tri files.

(Nuska is the creator of EEO)

What I don't understand is why Citrus page says EEO is already a part of Racemenu, so EEO is not needed.

And it says that EEO is incompatible.

When I have them both active (in Mod organizer, EEO first, then Citrus) the default woodelf I made looks like this.

post-692003-0-51352400-1422565430_thumb.jpg

Now when I turn EEO off he looks like this:

post-692003-0-45544900-1422565325_thumb.jpg

And when i added only the EEO Normal maps he looks like this:

post-692003-0-53564300-1422565509_thumb.jpg

This is all the exact same character, I just changed things in mod organizer then reloaded my save to see the difference.

How can I fix the eyebrow clipping without changing the shape of her forehead/eyebrow area?

• 2 weeks later...

What I don't understand is why Citrus page says EEO is already a part of Racemenu, so EEO is not needed.

And it says that EEO is incompatible.

When I have them both active (in Mod organizer, EEO first, then Citrus) the default woodelf I made looks like this.

Now when I turn EEO off he looks like this:

And when i added only the EEO Normal maps he looks like this:

This is all the exact same character, I just changed things in mod organizer then reloaded my save to see the difference.

How can I fix the eyebrow clipping without changing the shape of her forehead/eyebrow area?

The first and 3rd image look exactly the same to me.

Except for the obvious different diffuse texture. Once you fix that they should look the same.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok i finally figured out how to make it work. I am not sure if this is the proper solution, but here goes.

For me turning on citrus head makes the faces disfigured, even the default presets get all messed up.

So what I have to do is make my character with Citrus turned off (I use Mod Organizer so this is really easy) then once I am done I go to Sculpt tab and Export the Head.

I then go and turn Citrus on and go into game and Import Head under Sculpt tab. voila! it finally looks decent lol

This also works if you like certain head morphs, such as EEO, Ran's, adorable faces ect. You could follow the same procedure:

1) turn EEO on,

2)turn Citrus off

3)make face how you want

4)Export Sculpt

5)turn EEO off

6)turn Citrus on

7)Import the sculpt.

So you can essentially use any head morph you want this way.

Thanks everyone for your help!  :D

hmmm i think my problem fits in here:

im having ECE and RM3.0.0 installed because of Mod dependencies.

now i get the following message after loading:

any hint how i can resolve this ?

And no, changing loadorder didnt help :)

thy !

post-50075-0-22040700-1425709424_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well i don't know what happened, but my method will not work for me anymore. When i try to import a sculpt while I am using Citrus head nothing happened... *sigh*

mhhh nobody ?

I have no idea, that is a weird warning. I recommend using Mod Organizer (if you are not already) it makes it easy to test things out and see where conflicts are. It can be a pain to set up, but trust me its well worth it in the end.

You may want to try making your own topic also, as no one is going to find your question in this one lol  ;)

Archived