[Help a noob] I'm completel new to this, plz educate me

bob1214141

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm completely new and completely ignorant about this.

I want to replay Skyrim (no saves from my last games available) and I'd love the ability to heavily mod the game so that the graphics are great, there's new content, and there's lots of sexiness and nudity. I'm not into the rape / slave stuff (although it's cool with me that some ppl are). I want things like smoking hot female characters and potenitally really hot sex with characters if its possible.

Can you introduce me to the content on this website? Are there any "compilation" files that provide newcommers with a large package of awesome, sexy new content?

Some things I'd love to be able to do:

• Play a sexy female charager, maybe a mage with some sexy robes and lots of clevage.
  • Download new mods that increase the graphics (my computer can handle anything)
  • I guess have sex with people in the game
  • Populate the world with sexy people
  • Download some bonus content/ questions that involve sexy stuff

Judging from what you're saying you like. Primarily what you need here is Sexlab. There is a pinned thread in the Sexlab download section which has lots of associated mods with descriptions of what they do. You wan get a smoking hot body mod from theNexus and skimpy armors to match. All you need to do is pick one you like the shape of there. Also make sure that you get the required dependency mods for anything you download. All mod authors provide the dependencies but many people forget to read that part of the download pages. Have fun

Judging from what you're saying you like. Primarily what you need here is Sexlab. There is a pinned thread in the Sexlab download section which has lots of associated mods with descriptions of what they do. You wan get a smoking hot body mod from theNexus and skimpy armors to match. All you need to do is pick one you like the shape of there. Also make sure that you get the required dependency mods for anything you download. All mod authors provide the dependencies but many people forget to read that part of the download pages. Have fun

In my signature is the sexlab index, browse to your hearts content, keep in mind, mods have requirements and some requirements don't play well with eachother. Also, use S.T.E.P. guides to help you generally set up a stable skyrim before you start adding in mods that do things to the game that make the npc's able to do things that were never intended by Bethesda.  :lol:

Thanks for the replies.

What are some of the all-time best mods that I should start with? 

• The first mod I think should be one that enhances the graphics---makes everything look beautiful. (And requires more hardware etc)

• something that removes all the dirt and scars from everyone in the game?

• a female sexy armor mod?

• a mod that will allow me to make a sexy character?

• Is there a general mod that allows me to have a disaloge with anyone in the game with the option of having sex with them?

• Is there a mod that will just make all the female NPCs super hot? And maybe populate the world with more of them?

Sorry about all the questions. I'm going to read some of the other posts now that you've directed me towards.

If I may offer a suggestion, since you're new to the Skyrim modding scene, then you may want to start with S.T.E.P (Skyrim Total Enhancement Project)

http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page

This will give you a good idea of how to setup Skyrim and mods.. 

In addition - a couple other suggestions

1. After installing Skyrim and any DLC - make a backup of the installation. The reason being at some point you may encounter an issue with your install and you'll need to revert back to a vanilla install.
  2. Get yourself a mod manager. This will make it a lot easier to install and manager mods.

The main two are

Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) 

http://www.nexusmods.com/games/mods/modmanager/?

Mod Organizer (MO)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

Guide to using MO

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#Installing_Mod_Organizer

When in doubt - come here and ask. There are some really great people here on LL that are willing to answer your questions.

Welcome to LL and to the world of modding Skyrim.

[ghost]

edit:

How could I miss adding miss!

Another source of valuable information is a gentleman that goes by the name Gopher on Youtube.

He has a whole series of How-to videos on modding Skyrim

Here's a link to his  Beginner's Guide to Modding Skyrim series

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-DdhDG41roBVJfNCqvO5MmKP

Well worth the time to watch the entire series

Thanks for the replies.

What are some of the all-time best mods that I should start with? 

• The first mod I think should be one that enhances the graphics---makes everything look beautiful. (And requires more hardware etc)

• something that removes all the dirt and scars from everyone in the game?

• a female sexy armor mod?

• a mod that will allow me to make a sexy character?

• Is there a general mod that allows me to have a disaloge with anyone in the game with the option of having sex with them?

• Is there a mod that will just make all the female NPCs super hot? And maybe populate the world with more of them?

Sorry about all the questions. I'm going to read some of the other posts now that you've directed me towards.

Ok, well for a start, look on Skyrim Nexus for a body you like. There are some here but not all of them are represented. Search for UNP, UNPB, CBBE, Sevenbase. Those are some of the popular bodies and the basic installations of these will change the look of all females in the game. Then you can find "Skimpy" versions of vanilla armours which will also change what NPC females are wearing. Make sure you get the mod for the body you choose and you'll need a skeleton and skin textures which the mod author will point you at in the description thread. Some body mods come with their own skins and skeletons but not all do so read the FAQ's Then you can look for hair mods and beautification mods like Covergirls or NPC's of Dibella (I think the dibella mod is just here). That will define the look you want for your PC and NPC.s There are also some basic modding tools you will need if you don't already have them such as SKSE and SkyUi. It will take you some time to work out what you like and you'll have problems if you don't check all the requirements.

My advice would be to start on Nexus for the basic things to get you started, then come here for the mods which you find interesting.

~snip

The Step guides that I and Ghostwalkr pointed you towards will help you with 90% of that. As for the best, that's subjective. Look through for landscape replacer textures on nexus and google and make the choices yourself. You'll find that once you start looking you're going to get overwhelmed very quickly with all the different styles. It's what looks particularly good to you that's what matters

As long as you have the correct skeleton/mesh for what you're wanting; then yes. Check out the XPMSE thread by groovtama.  He's done -a lot- in revolutionizing the skeleton. That link will also show you what all it's compatible with body mesh wise. There's tons out there, and just recently there's been a lot of changes, so I'd suggest looking for just the CBBE v3 or unp/unpb redux or 7base for now. Those have the most compatibility for armors and such and are the most up to date with all the recent changes in the past 6 months. 

Browse the 'what mod is this' threads, there's a few of them and you'll find lots of stuff. Pay attention to compatibility and everything. Like said above, use a mod manager. Mod Organizer really is superior to any others because it doesn't put anything in your data folder, preventing having to reinstall skyrim in case you ever screw something up. It does have a learning curve though (not hard, just intimidating at first) Gopher has tutorials on it (was linked too above)

Bob, don't let all of this great advice intimidate you :)  Take your time, read up on a mod's prerequisites and remember that if you end up not liking a mod you installed, you can always remove or overwrite it.  And, as you've found out, LL is a good place to go to get advice from experienced players and modders.

Sounds like you have a good general plan.  My only suggestion would be to start with the heavy graphics stuff, like STEP, ENB, High-Res textures, etc., and test each one at a time.  Pay attention to your load order (helpful utilities for that include MO and LOOT).  Once your game is running smoothly and looks the way you want it, then start working on modifying your shape (*strongly* recommend the newest version of Racemenu which will give you body options you don't get with standard character creation) and add hair like SGHairPack, which will give you hundreds of great-looking hairstyles. 

Body choice is up to you.  UNP for the slender, athletic type.  CBBE is easier to do the full-breasted voluptuous, or you can do like I did and build with 7Base and Racemenu to get a fuller body without the Kardashian ass :)

Experiment and have fun.  It's a phase of restarting Skyrim that I still long for, today.  I'm just too damned lazy to delete and reinstall!

It wasn't until I restarted Skyrim myself, recently, and began reading this board again that I found out Nexus was screwing its modders.  So while I still download from Nexus, I prefer other lesser-known sources for mods.

Bob, don't let all of this great advice intimidate you :)  Take your time, read up on a mod's prerequisites and remember that if you end up not liking a mod you installed, you can always remove or overwrite it.  And, as you've found out, LL is a good place to go to get advice from experienced players and modders.

Sounds like you have a good general plan.  My only suggestion would be to start with the heavy graphics stuff, like STEP, ENB, High-Res textures, etc., and test each one at a time.  Pay attention to your load order (helpful utilities for that include MO and LOOT).  Once your game is running smoothly and looks the way you want it, then start working on modifying your shape (*strongly* recommend the newest version of Racemenu which will give you body options you don't get with standard character creation) and add hair like SGHairPack, which will give you hundreds of great-looking hairstyles. 

Body choice is up to you.  UNP for the slender, athletic type.  CBBE is easier to do the full-breasted voluptuous, or you can do like I did and build with 7Base and Racemenu to get a fuller body without the Kardashian ass :)

Experiment and have fun.  It's a phase of restarting Skyrim that I still long for, today.  I'm just too damned lazy to delete and reinstall!

It wasn't until I restarted Skyrim myself, recently, and began reading this board again that I found out Nexus was screwing its modders.  So while I still download from Nexus, I prefer other lesser-known sources for mods.

As long as you have the correct skeleton/mesh for what you're wanting; then yes. Check out the XPMSE thread by groovtama.  He's done -a lot- in revolutionizing the skeleton. That link will also show you what all it's compatible with body mesh wise. There's tons out there, and just recently there's been a lot of changes, so I'd suggest looking for just the CBBE v3 or unp/unpb redux or 7base for now. Those have the most compatibility for armors and such and are the most up to date with all the recent changes in the past 6 months. 

Browse the 'what mod is this' threads, there's a few of them and you'll find lots of stuff. Pay attention to compatibility and everything. Like said above, use a mod manager. Mod Organizer really is superior to any others because it doesn't put anything in your data folder, preventing having to reinstall skyrim in case you ever screw something up. It does have a learning curve though (not hard, just intimidating at first) Gopher has tutorials on it (was linked too above)

Thanks so much for the replies guys.

I'm on a trip but I'm at my home computer in a few days. I'll start it all up then.

Is there any specific mods you'd recommend going for at first? Halies provided a lot of great suggestion, but more would be great. Mods that in your opinion are some of the best. I know that everything is subjective here, but I'm sure somethings are more developed and have better graphics than other stuff.

My general tastes are cute, clean (no dirt, no sweat), super sexy, no animal stuff, no torture stuff, ideally no rape, no tanned skin, the option to have lots of sex, and see lots of super hot characters. I want to start out with stuff that has the best graphics. I'll run this in 1440p with maxed out settings. I guess my preferences are slightly towards the "asian" asthetic --- with white / light-skin and cute, elaborate hair.

I think I'll play as a female. I'd like a mix of males and females to populate the world. I'd also like to have a bunch of houses throughout the world filled with hot characters.

You've given lots of feedback, all of which I'll follow. More feedback would always be appreciated. Thank you again.

PS: why is there never an image preview for this mods?

PS2: I used nexus a long time again when I played Skyrim without adult mods. It seems now you have to pay to use it? Is there a free version? I imagine it's worth the money. (esp when you have great content and support from what looks like an awesome community in these forums)

Archived