Best looking NPC overhaul

@Peterforfun

This depends on the textures you have installed, the character seems about right.

I only use Fair Skin Complexion which also adds smooth 2K normalmaps for Elves (so EEO is obsolete with overhauls like NPC_85), but most other texture packs only change the human/nord female.

So if you have blocky normalmaps installed (probably "no more blocky faces", ironically), then it looks like that.

BTW you also have a neck seam in the picture because of the weight changes in the mod, this would require a new game to fix properly.

Hi guk, as for textures i only use SG textures renewal.Might those be the source of the problem?I don;t use any other texture,normals mods for females

Just checked my archive, and SG textures seems to not have normalmaps for elves in the regular download. I also have a file called "SG Elven Race Patch-35267-1-0" which should fix that according to its file tree (check SG main page or search).

Except for JH Dawnguard, I've made a combined esp that has bandits/forsworn/elves/NPC85. I have it towards the end of my load order, above mods like FCO, GDO, SexLab Werewolves, Immersive Spells, my bashed patch and DSR.

JH Dawnguard is above this combined esp. I'm also using SG textures.

The only NPC mods I have below that are Bijin Warmaidens and Bijin Wives.

No problems currently.

From Vanhal last post  "lore-friendliness and immersivness are much overrated, in fact i would prefer straight anime-type mod. No such thing unfortunately" you and me think alike :)

So i've been using these

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34935/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50396/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51302/?

and these don't replace anything they add more intresting looking npc

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60625/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51189/?

Couldn't agree more, I'd add http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27427/?to the mix, I don't like some of the female remakes on Babes as they look too slutty, but each to their own. But Babes complete makes over the men too so it's useful and covers the women NPC's of Dibella misses.

• 2 weeks later...

Also its worth noting that you can combine overhauls that touch the same NPCs, especially if you use the (still in development) Mator Smash script for TES5Edit.

Basically what you do is stack the overhauls in your load order. The one that hits the largest number goes first, such as Babes in Skyrim, that touches almost all NPCs. Then you can add one that tweeks a smaller number, such as NPC85. And then finally you can add ones that change even smaller amounts, like Skyrim Beautiful Followers or individual character overhauls.

You just have to make sure you install them from largest to smallest, so the correct Facegen files are installed.

The Mator Smash script, under its current Stable Settings, will then make sure that the last-loading appearance is the one carried through, while also pulling forward other changes made to the NPCs, such as Inventories, AI Packages, and the like.

@shazor: Click the green arrow and download all the files starting with PC save for the Loosefile. Use 7zip to extract from the .001 file then repackage as a .zip and install with MO or NMM. Don't forget you need the SG hair and eyebrow mods!

Hmm if i want to download them my browser says that im not allowed to download them.

@shazor: Click the green arrow and download all the files starting with PC save for the Loosefile. Use 7zip to extract from the .001 file then repackage as a .zip and install with MO or NMM. Don't forget you need the SG hair and eyebrow mods!

Hmm if i want to download them my browser says that im not allowed to download them.

Which browser are you using? Chrome's not giving me any problems and I have adblock on as well. 

Which browser are you using? Chrome's not giving me any problems and I have adblock on as well. 

Hmm it seems that the links sometimes just doesnt work and i finally was able to download most of then but at the forsworn version isnt any download link or im unable to find it. The other overhauls just have this tiny green arrow to click on and then you can see the download links but this one lacks this arrow.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest endgameaddiction

Anyone out there who has sidearmsf93's mods on naver willing to send me them via PM? Or a different method? I'm not one to register with naver or any site when it asks me for my cell #

I'd appreciate it.

cheers.

Anyone out there who has sidearmsf93's mods on naver willing to send me them via PM? Or a different method? I'm not one to register with naver or any site when it asks me for my cell #

I'd appreciate it.

cheers.

You don't need to register to get sidearmsf93's mods. For most of them you just click the download links then unzip the files using 7z.

7XNSgJy.jpg

For some of the other, older files like the Forsworn replacer you have to go to the google.docs page he set up first:

cJvHPRg.jpg

Then hit the download link at the top of that page:

nYhnFwA.jpg

None of those require you to sign up, you just need to wait while the large files download.

Guest endgameaddiction

I'd appreciate it.

cheers.

You don't need to register to get sidearmsf93's mods. For most of them you just click the download links then unzip the files using 7z.

7XNSgJy.jpg

For some of the other, older files like the Forsworn replacer you have to go to the google.docs page he set up first:

cJvHPRg.jpg

Then hit the download link at the top of that page:

nYhnFwA.jpg

None of those require you to sign up, you just need to wait while the large files download.

I would rather have it in PM as a rar. I don't use 7z and well I downloaded 7zip and apparently I downloading a non-official 7z and just got a few malware  after installing it and it's jacked up my firefox and I have to go ahead and fix it. What ever other 7z i downloaded and installed isn't even reading these 7z files.

I would rather have it in PM as a rar. I don't use 7z and well I downloaded 7zip and apparently I downloading a non-official 7z and just got a few malware  after installing it and it's jacked up my firefox and I have to go ahead and fix it. What ever other 7z i downloaded and installed isn't even reading these 7z files.

7zip is free. Why would you download it from anywhere other than the official site? http://www.7-zip.org/

The 7z files on sidearmsf93's site are broken into fragments which is why they have .001, .002, etc... after the .7z extension. You need to download all of the files first, then you can unzip all of them at once. For example, for NPC_85 you'd need to download NPC_85.7z.001, NPC_85.7z.002, NPC_85.7z.003, NPC_85.7z.004, and NPC_85.7z.005, then Right (alternative) click NPC_85.7z.001 and choose 7-Zip >> Extract Here. That will unzip the entire NPC_85 archive. You can't unzip them unless you have all the parts of the file.

I explained how to do this above because no one is going to download all of those files, re-zip them into .rar files, then PM them to you when you could do it for yourself without much effort. It's far too much work to ask of people. Some of those files are huge.