Help required in selecting ENB.

Meteox

Hey all.

I'm posting here to request from you guys your opinion on which ENB you think might fit my needs. I would like to mention that before I thought of posting this I made some effort in looking for one by checking this playlist ( http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-De1YrWupbcesibJIRZkMVB8). While I do appreciate his work, I believe getting more suggestions would be better. I think I should mention that I have yet to use any lighting or weather changing mods.

Here is my PC spec, do note that the graphics card is quite new while the other pieces are 4 years old. That is because my old card died recently and I had enough budget to get a good one but not enough to upgrade my whole PC (Which I will do some time soon).

System Model: X58A-UD3R
Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU         950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 6GB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

My requirements:

- Usable while playing the game without that much of FPS loss. I believe with such graphics card, the FPS drop might be less than the other cards but you guys know much more than me. 
- Lighting and visibility, I don't want to use torches. I wanna SEE the game and play it without cursing the darkness.
- Night vision. While I don't want to be dependent on it, I do know that some ENBs disable the night vision effect.

ENBs that I thought of trying just to get the feeling of ENBs are Phinix Natural ENB (Last video in the playlist) and Seasons of Skyrim ENB (Saw some screenshots about it in this forum).

Sorry for taking your time and thank you in advance.

Hello Voidblade,

I am using a machine that has a way less powerful card, exactly same processor but way more ram (16 gb, not really used by Skyrim),

Skyrim is an old 32 bit application, so your config is good enough to get max on everything,

About lights, it is not something you can do. It is define by the game (or the mod), you may try to increase the gamma of the game, but it will not do too much.

About night vision, I am not aware of anything that can disable it. Night is night in the game.

K.R.

CPU

I did some research and found out a (huge) file that contained almost 800 pictures which involved about 57 ENBs, each had 12 pictures taken using the said ENB. That will keep me busy for a while, I suppose.

What I meant by lighting is, more or less, how the mod (or ENB) changes the intensity and all that stuff of the light. As for the night vision, some ENBs disable the effect of the night vision spell. For example, if you used the Khajit night vision power, you won't get the effect (Or let's say the extra light from the spell). You can see what I meant in the link that I provided, all but one if I remember correctly had that issue which is a damn shame (To me at least).

Looks like you found my archive (at least it sounds like you did).  

The issue with the night vision spell can be fixed with this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50731/?

Its not the easiest install, but its the only way to fix night vision with ENB's that I'm aware of.  

If you don't want an ENB with dark nights then you should probably stay away from ENB's that have a "realistic" or "cinematic" vibe to them, because those ENB's are the ones that have super dark lighting.  If you did in fact get my archive of shots, then look at the #8 set of shots.  If you can see my character's face and armor clearly , then you should be able to see at night without a torch.  

As for FPS, you should be alright with most ENB's being that you have a GTX 970.  

Looks like you found my archive (at least it sounds like you did).  

The issue with the night vision spell can be fixed with this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50731/?

Its not the easiest install, but its the only way to fix night vision with ENB's that I'm aware of.  

If you don't want an ENB with dark nights then you should probably stay away from ENB's that have a "realistic" or "cinematic" vibe to them, because those ENB's are the ones that have super dark lighting.  If you did in fact get my archive of shots, then look at the #8 set of shots.  If you can see my character's face and armor clearly , then you should be able to see at night without a torch.  

As for FPS, you should be alright with most ENB's being that you have a GTX 970.  

I had a look through my history and I found the topic, and it indeed was your file. I sincerely appreciate the effort you put in it, I really do. And with the note regarding the 8th set, I believe it will be much easier.

As for the Night Vision fix. Well, not everything will be handed on a silver plate, is it? That will give me some extra ways to make the game look more appealing to me, I'd say.

The Night Vision fix is a bit difficult to get right and does require some tweaking but you probably won't need night vision if the ENB you choose is as bright as you want.  

Anyway it just takes a little time to find an ENB that will suit your tastes and hopefully my comparison shots will make it a bit easier.  

Archived