ANK Castle by Arrow&Knee ModTeam - updated to v3.0.7

the thread have been updated with the v3 files...

as usual' date=' 3 smaller files, the Textures folder split in two, uploaded on mediafire. you can find them on the first page.[/b']

Big thanks for mediafire links - all three files downloaded in under 5 minutes! :3

using v3 and most of the floors have disappeared... have not seen it happen anywhere else

Holy crap I knew I should've backed up first... Can't even load the game now. Crashes instantly after loading.

If someone manages to find out why 3.0's crashing skyrim plz say something here.

Edit: Managed to resolve the issue by going back a couple of saves. No idea what caused the crashes. The only thing that changed was the location.

Hi, I'm Childe Roland, the layout author...

This...is really unexpected.

First of all, I really appreciate Cicattrix uploading our MOD here, so that more people can use it, even not from China. I did try to make it English-speakers-friendly you know.

And, Cicattrix, I don't mean any intrusion by posting news and sorts here, I'm just here to help. It's preferred and appreciated if you could integrate contents from my posts into yours.

Edit 1

Please tell people here to take a look at the pictures I made for the original delivery page first.

People may not understand Chinese, but the pictures speak for themselves.

And, if you and others have any questions to ask or bugs to report, or suggestions on functionality, please email me : childeroland@163.com

If I can understand you, I'll try and reply.

Lore of ANK: it's Arrow 'n Knee (Arrow & Knee) MOD Team, in short.

Well, later I found out that an Ank, is actually the Egyptian Cross. Not sure if we could make quests out of it, and still lore friendly.

Edit 2

The textures for armors and weapons have been optimized, and everything is packed into a .bsa file. So the pack is larger. But it's worth downloading.

Not on 3dmgame yet, but will be soon.

You are welcomed to download and upload it for people here.

http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/QRZOYRJZCTMX'>http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/QRZOYRJZCTMX

Edit 3

BTW, it's not just a big shop anymore, it's a real underground castle, may become a palace in the future.

Edit 4

It's me, again...

Stupid mistake: I forgot to change the bsa file's name

IMPORTANT: After download and unpacking, from link posted in edit 2, change it to 'ank_castle_main.bsa'

Otta kill myself...

Edit 5

Please be advised: the addon files have changed since version2.0.

All two .esp files have been removed and replaced with one single ank_castle_addon.esp.

The three .esp's can not co-exist.

No matter which version you choose post-v2, in your MOD manager, you should check these files so that the MOD will work correctly:

skyrim.esm

update.esm

ank_castle_main.esm

ank_castle_addon.esp

Edit 6

People probably misunderstood me because of my poor English...

I have already posted the link, in edit 2, though I'll put it here anyways...

Notice that the '.bsa' file only exist in this 500Mb version.

After unpacking, there will only be 3 files, a .esm, a .esp and a .bsa with a wrong name, a total of 544Mb. Change the name of the .bsa file to 'ank_castle_main.bsa'.

that is:

ank_castle_main.esm

ank_castle_addon.esp

ank castle.bsa ---> ank_castle_main.bsa

The versions before this takes 1Gb+ to 2Gb of your hard drive space.

Aside from this, before, previews in Inventory View is just too slow, because of the insane memory usage, and, changing new clothes too rapidly causes CTD.

Now, previews is evidently faster, and CTD is hopefully reduced.

Not sure if you're able to download from a Chinese server.

With this, you can forget about other versions for now, until v4 comes out.

http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/QRZOYRJZCTMX

Edit 7

About the Warnings section:

Not using CBBE body does not necessarily cause CTD, you can use UNP, or even some body with bouncing breasts.

But, if not using CBBE and you try to put on clothes we made for it, strange things will happen, and there might be CTDs.

Also, about NPC faces.

Most Chinese players prefer Asian faces, if not Japanese lolis...

So, if you use the HD2.1 pack (or other face textures like Nidias, i'm using), NPCs will look just the way our 'Face Author' made them to be. If not, they'll look like crap, not even comparable to the vanilla NPCs from whom I copied the faces. I quite like the vanilla faces...maybe I'll make a version of non-Asian NPCs just for you guys, though I'm not good at making them pretty.

Edit 8

Asking for help~

You may have noticed some silent dialogues. They're from the bard Lisatte, and... me...yeah...Childe Roland the vampire.

I want them to speak, but I can't just use my voice to scare people off, right?

Now, I'm sure you all know what I'm asking for. :D

Please donate! Not your money, but your voice!

Send them .wav to me, at childeroland@163.com or childeroland1987@gmail.com

edit 4

It's me, again...

Stupid mistake: I forgot to change the bsa file's name

IMPORTANT: After download and unpacking, change it to 'ank_castle_main.bsa'

Thanks for the update, but which file do I change ???

Because I can't find any *.bsa files.

Can someone post a new (correct) upload?

Thanks for the update' date=' but which file do I change ???

Because I can't find any *.bsa files.

Can someone post a new (correct) upload?

[/quote']

I have already posted the link, in edit 2, though I'll put it here anyways...

http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/QRZOYRJZCTMX

Not sure if you're able to download from a Chinese server.

With this, you can forget about other versions for now, until v4 comes out.

Edit: Managed to resolve the issue by going back a couple of saves. No idea what caused the crashes. The only thing that changed was the location.

Hi, I'm not sure I ever changed the location of the castle...

Using earlier saves is a good idea, though you could've avoided it by making a clean save.

Before you update the MOD, get out of the castle (taking out your belongings just to be safe), save, say 'before';

Delete the MOD completely (hopefully you used a MOD manager like Nexus), load the save 'before', and save again, say 'after';

Install the new version, load 'after', and save again, say 'happynow';

Now, have fun!

Sometimes, CTD comes from low memory. Windows 7 x64 with at least 4GB of memory is recommended. A graphic card with at least 512Mb of memory is recommended.

ok, havent been here by few days... I am glad that ChildeRoland stepped in and explained things.

@ ChildeRoland

you are welcome here, sir, always! in fact, is your thread, not mine. I am merely a messenger. and I am sure most of those that use your Castle are grateful for your wonderful work and for your help. I hope you and your Team have understood that I made this thread only to help people to get access to the huge files easier.

now that you are here and as you have a lot of fans on the Western side of the globe, I really hope that you will create your own thread here, when you have version 4.0 ready, if you want to keep a connection with us too. and posting the files on mediafire.com would be better, because it provide a good download speed, even if you are forced to split it into smaller files, because the free uploading there is limited at 200MB. a lot of people have slower connections and huge files tend to have issues and the free downloading from the Chinese sites is really slow (no offense intended).

I dont have enough time and I cant come here as often as it should. but if you make your own thread and have issues with mediafire, I am willing to help uploading the files there and providing the links.

now, I have checked what I have dwloaded a few days ago, and indeed, there was no bsa file. I am downloading from the link provided by you right now and I hope to be able to upload the correct Data folder in a few hours.

for the crashing caused by the big size of the textures, I will recommend to try and use Texture optimizer mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12801). it doesnt reduce the quality, only it compress the dds files to a smaller size.

I will update the main post soon...

ok' date=' havent been here by few days...

I am glad that...[/color']

Hi!

Uploading to mediafire.com is nearly impossible for us inside the Great Fire Wall, but we'll try.

Thanks for letting people here know about us and our works!

I knew about the tool you mentioned, and the textures have already been compressed and put in the bsa file.

ok' date=' havent been here by few days...

I am glad that...[/color']

Hi!

Uploading to mediafire.com is nearly impossible for us inside the Great Fire Wall, but we'll try.

Thanks for letting people here know about us and our works!

I knew about the tool you mentioned, and the textures have already been compressed and put in the bsa file.

I kinda guessed this issue, but, as I have said, I am happy to stand by your side and help you. when you want to make the thread for v4.0, or even if you want to make one of your own for v3, just send me the link on PM here or on cicattrix@gmail.com and I will upload it for you on mediafire.

meantime, Ill have the big file down in about 45 mins, so maybe in 1h the link will be updated. unless, Ill be called into a meeting at the job, so Ill need to delay it a bit.

the main page was updated with your Edits, just the new links are missing. check it please and tell me if you want more to be said...

With the v3.0.7, the mod have been slimmed and the textures optimized, so now is only 500Mb and come into a new package. I have split the 557 mb bsa file into 3 parts rar files and I have put the esp and esm files into another archive. The files are all up and ready to be devoured by hungry players...

Be sure to download the new files if you have taken it before 23.03.2012, 10.00 AM GMT.

Also, in order to honor the coming of Childe Roland between us, there are a lot of new spoilers and I have added a few of his previous posts.

Enjoy!

Hey, I've downloaded the ANK - Castle the first time and copied the bsa-, esm- and esp-file in my data-directory. The game doesn't crashes if I travel to the castle but when I go in them the game load and load and load.

I'm using CBBE but i doesn't install the Asian body. It is possible, that the bsa-File have some problems? And it is possible, that I get the armors and weapons in other ways?

Can somebody give me a list with the names of the items, that I can get them with the console?

Hey' date=' I've downloaded the ANK - Castle the first time and copied the bsa-, esm- and esp-file in my data-directory. The game doesn't crashes if I travel to the castle but when I go in them the game load and load and load.

I'm using CBBE but i doesn't install the Asian body. It is possible, that the bsa-File have some problems? And it is possible, that I get the armors and weapons in other ways?

Can somebody give me a list with the names of the items, that I can get them with the console?

[/quote']

Please remember to change the name of the .bsa file to:

ank_castle_main.bsa

im confused.. i re-install the game and downloaded ANK CASTLE v3.0.7.. umm' date=' should i need to install first the ANK CASTLE v1, v2 and v3.0 then the 3.0.7 ? or i only install the ANK CASTLE v3.0.7 ?

thanks in advance ![/color']

Only the newest will do!

Please remember to change the name of the .bsa file to:

ank_castle_main.bsa

what is the use of "ank_castle_main.bsa" ? do i need a NMM or not ? i already downloaded the v3.0 with v3.0.7 and extracted it to skyrim data folder.

I'm guessing you don't know how to install a MOD at all?

Put all three files (there should only be 3 files) in the Game's 'Data' folder. Change the name of the .bsa file to 'ank_castle_main.bsa'.

Enable 'update.esm', 'ank_castle_main.esm' and 'ank_castle_addon.esp' in your Skyrim Launcher or in any other Mod Manager tool like NMM or Wyre Bash or whatever.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about. Or if you don't know what a bsa file or esm or esp file is, please, find some beginner's guide for info.

what is the use of "ank_castle_main.bsa" ? do i need a NMM or not ? i already downloaded the v3.0 with v3.0.7 and extracted it to skyrim data folder.

I'm guessing you don't know how to install a MOD at all?

Put all three files (there should only be 3 files) in the Game's 'Data' folder. Change the name of the .bsa file to 'ank_castle_main.bsa'.

Enable 'update.esm'' date=' 'ank_castle_main.esm' and 'ank_castle_addon.esp' in your Skyrim Launcher or in any other Mod Manager tool like NMM or Wyre Bash or whatever.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about. Or if you don't know what a bsa file or esm or esp file is, please, find some beginner's guide for info.

[/quote']

i know how about the mods.. im just asking, why need the "ank_castle_main.bsa" ? does it need for the friendly patching like NMM ? coz im getting used in manual patching and im not using some 3rd party patch update software like NMM or anything.

anyways.. thanks to your mod and keep it up ! :)