ANK Castle by Arrow&Knee ModTeam - updated to v3.0.7

I have a problem with this mod. The armors work as they should but when I equip the boots my character walks and runs in a weird way, like the skeleton is messed up. I also notice that if I only put on boots from this mod they become invisible. What's wrong? Do I need anything else than just the mod itself?

@evhgear

For everyone's comfort(and health?) please refrain from making such signatures in the future. You are not the only one in here.

@nightwolf

well, the Arrow&Knee doesnt work always by the book. they forced some of their conversions and ports into the Skyrim skeleton by putting all the gear into the armor slot and making the boots invisible, for example. the main idea is that most of the sets are not intended to be used as separate pieces but as a whole. so, mix carefully and see what boots are really usable out of their set...

@Kashim

when you have made that rar, have you modified something at the original files provided on 3dm? if not and your Castle works fine, then these CTD can be only a computer power issue. I will install it myself tomorrow to see whats happening on my Medium Settings.

Edit: I have dwld our rar and checked it... It contains exactly the same folders and files and it has the same size. So, there is nothing wrong with them, I can only think that when the computer dont fail on them, people fail to install the files manually...

The ting is' date=' when i installed the mod seperately via NMM (yes, i know Cicattrix suggested in her info file manual, but i hate manual removal) it worked, even though the textures were in the wrong place. I just got purple armour everywhere, but the mod worked. When i dropped them all into one single folder and the textures into the texture folder (so everything is merged correctly) and then zipped it like someone said a few pages back, it then doesnt work. I might try installing data file via NMM so i CAN get into the shop and then manually setting in the textures, just to see if i can get it completely working with texutres.

I had 2.0 working completely before so i doubt its pc overload. Also i am just testing for other people to see if zipping into single RAR file works.

[/quote']

you see, the Textures are the ones that put the video card at work badly. when you misplaced them, your game have loaded only those from the Data/Textures, so the Castle worked fine. but once you have put all the Textures on their place, the game was forced to load all of them when loaded the Castle (at th entrance) and, as it was too much for its video power, it CTD. this is starting to get pretty obvious from the CTD reports by now...

on the other hand, I dont think installing it with NMM makes any difference as long you place the files correctly. NMM can help you only to unistall it easily and with the load order, but it will read your esp anyway. so, this is not the issue, nor the solution, for those that know what to do with the files.

now, there may be two ways to solve this...

1. from what I have read, the more you play the more you video memory gets overloaded, so at some point the game start to have issues if you dont have huge RAMS. and this can be easily solved by closing and restarting the game after a while. so, try to go at the Castle as soon you enter the game, maybe you computer would be able to handle it this way.

2. if solution no. 1 doesnt work, then copy half of the Textures folders (provided by this mod) somewhere else. be sure to not move out those essential for the work of the Castle, like Actors and such. and if it still doesnt work, copy out more. then, when you can enter, go buy all the gear you want and get out. put then the moved Textures back and enjoy the new gear at your home...

this ctd are driving me crazy. i was able to enter the castle with no mods on, then if i turn on a different mod i cant enter anymore. but! when i load a save game that places my character inside the castle even if there are a tons of different mods on im fine and it loads normaly, but if i leave the castle, i cant go back and gives me the usual ctd.

this ctd are driving me crazy. i was able to enter the castle with no mods on' date=' then if i turn on a different mod i cant enter anymore. but! when i load a save game that places my character inside the castle even if there are a tons of different mods on im fine and it loads normaly, but if i leave the castle, i cant go back and gives me the usual ctd.

[/quote']

sry but lol, idk what your problem could be. only thing i can think of is one of your mods is conflicting with it, or multiple mods are.

im sure you have already done this but try with 1 mod at a time and if u can go in with that 1 mod, leave it on, and go to the next one.

What body mod shoud i use for armor in this mod?

2012030500001.jpg

i used cbbe slim and it worked fine o.o

you see' date=' the Textures are the ones that put the video card at work badly. when you misplaced them, your game have loaded only those from the Data/Textures, so the Castle worked fine. but once you have put all the Textures on their place, the game was forced to load all of them when loaded the Castle (at th entrance) and, as it was too much for its video power, it CTD. this is starting to get pretty obvious from the CTD reports by now...

on the other hand, I dont think installing it with NMM makes any difference as long you place the files correctly. NMM can help you only to unistall it easily and with the load order, but it will read your esp anyway. so, this is not the issue, nor the solution, for those that know what to do with the files.

now, there may be two ways to solve this...

1. from what I have read, the more you play the more you video memory gets overloaded, so at some point the game start to have issues if you dont have huge RAMS. and this can be easily solved by closing and restarting the game after a while. so, try to go at the Castle as soon you enter the game, maybe you computer would be able to handle it this way.

2. if solution no. 1 doesnt work, then copy half of the Textures folders (provided by this mod) somewhere else. be sure to not move out those essential for the work of the Castle, like Actors and such. and if it still doesnt work, copy out more. then, when you can enter, go buy all the gear you want and get out. put then the moved Textures back and enjoy the new gear at your home...

[/quote']

Well, alls working now, so no biggie anymore.

for my question about the outfit, that is wierd, cuz i couldnt find it. might redl 1.0 and look for it

2012030500001.jpg

Arrow&Knee use CBBE body, for sure, as they also provide HI-Res textures for it with ANK Castle.

but... for some of the armors they port they cant make them work with the weight sliders, so they are forced to make them for a fixed size. like, either 0 or 100 weight. and like, either Slim or Curvy.

so, what you can do is to try to find which CBBE type fits those hands. and you may no more than 4 options.

another way around may be to use some gloves that cover that seam...

While ANK works fine for me (a little laggy, but livable) ever since I installed, and every time I buy certain armors, the notorious "hip texture" bug appears. I have installed, and re-installed Caliente's hip patch, but that same discoloration (actually it is a invisible smear that lets you look straight through the body).\

Has anyone else had a similar problem? The funny thing is that for a couple of days, it went away, then came back again. Sometimes, I can get rid of it by just reloading. Sometimes it affects my character, but not NPC's. And at other times, it affects NPC's but not my character!

Oh, and I am using the Ashen race right now.

Thanks for any possible help.

2012030500001.jpg

Arrow&Knee use CBBE body' date=' for sure, as they also provide HI-Res textures for it with ANK Castle.

but... for some of the armors they port they cant make them work with the weight sliders, so they are forced to make them for a fixed size. like, either 0 or 100 weight. and like, either Slim or Curvy.

so, what you can do is to try to find which CBBE type fits those hands. and you may no more than 4 options.

another way around may be to use some gloves that cover that seam...

[/quote']

it is cbbe curvy at lowest weight slider possible

ok, I have finally installed this mod and tested it.

I have used the files from my links on a laptop running the game on Medium Settings.

it worked fine, I have moved through the different room, loaded screens, bought armors and weapons. I have been CTD only once after getting outside with the elevator, when I wanted to enter again, but after restart, I entered w/o issues and all the loadings went fine each time after that. other than this, the only strange thing was that the vendors havent given me the money when I have sold back some items, although they cashed me when I have bought them. oh, and I`ve observed some lag at times, especially when approaching some NPC inside. other that these, the Castle looks quite great and it shows some good feeling for style.

so, if you get CTD at the entrance on v2.0 is surely not because of the mod, but because one of these causes:

- you havent placed the files correctly

- you havent cleaned the old esp

- you have a conflict between mods

- your PC have issues handling the mod (especially if you have Beth Hi-Res pack)

I have updated the main page with this info and I have also updated the installation instructions...

i finally found the cause of the CTD when trying to enter ANK Castle. it's very tricky but i was able to get in after disabling:

ColorfullightsNoShadows mod will cause a CTD when try to enter ANK castle.

and any mod that modifies merchant vendor gold will cause the game to crash.

im able to enter and buy now from ANK Castle so i hope this helps anyone whos having CTD when trying to enter.

I'm had the same problem when i try entering the castle and it CTD. After looking at Cicattrix's advice, i manage to get in and out of the castle without CTD by lowering all my graphic to low. And i mean switching off all reflection in the advanced option.

@nightwolf

well' date=' the Arrow&Knee doesnt work always by the book. they forced some of their conversions and ports into the Skyrim skeleton by putting all the gear into the armor slot and making the boots invisible, for example. the main idea is that most of the sets are not intended to be used as separate pieces but as a whole. so, mix carefully and see what boots are really usable out of their set...

[/quote']

So that's why the boots for Shadowwalker makes my character run like a cow? Most boots are okay but those boots are just too bugged, which is a shame since the armor looks awesome.

@nightwolf

hehe... welcome to the asian speed converting... they are good at it but either lack the patience or the skill to retexture the unfitting parts. dont expect all of them them to work like Hentai or Kurese. Arrow&Knee mainly work on porting, not into creating new armors from scratch...

@Ikl

well, I have checked all the gear inside and I didnt had issues with the Textures. what source of download have you used for your files? why dont you just try to copy the whole Textures into Data folder? if still missing you may have deletes them somehow, so redwld my two Textures zip and do it again...