2 questions about editing meshes in outfit studio/bodyslide

conglaciatus1

So - 2 questions here guys - I expect they're both common knowledge.

1.) I have a couple of armor bashes I've been fiddling with with high collars - however, when the player/npc crouches, the neck clips through the collar, as the collar remains stationary relative to the torso. Is this a weighting issue, or is it simply that you can't weight the collar to not do this and I just gotta remake it shorter?

2.) Is it safe to edit weapon sheathes in outfit studio/whatever, and delete the straps if they don't line up properly with my gear? What are the does and don't of doing this so I avoid crashes, etc.?

Thanks!

1. It's best to copy skinning of the head onto your neckpiece. Dunno if OS can do this. But if it can't you can easily just manually paint it yourself in there. Though I'll be honest OS weight painting tools are terrible.

2. Not a clue. You can't delete items in OS I believe like you can in a normal 3d editor. (Well maybe using the zap trick, but that's a really roundabout way of doing it).

1. It's best to copy skinning of the head onto your neckpiece. Dunno if OS can do this. But if it can't you can easily just manually paint it yourself in there. Though I'll be honest OS weight painting tools are terrible.

2. Not a clue. You can't delete items in OS I believe like you can in a normal 3d editor. (Well maybe using the zap trick, but that's a really roundabout way of doing it).

Yeah - I wasn't sure about the first one in that regard, as the head is separate - any idea what bones are in the neck?

Archived