[REQUEST] Awesome new armor to = DMRA + BBB

Mailamea

@FoggyZerani: i agree, every clothing mod that i add in the game a make a script so it automatically gets added.

@Thorazine: please do try if you are willing to convert.

Ok since no one has bitten this to a DMRA conversion, i might try to convert it. I have blendar nifskope experience and have them installed.

Can anyone teach me how to fit a DMRA body to a non-dmra clothing, or are there any tutorials out there. Thanks :)

Guest †Foggy♥Sugar†

@FoggyZerani: i agree' date=' every clothing mod that i add in the game a make a script so it automatically gets added.

[/quote']

That's my favorite method :)

@FoggyZerani: i agree' date=' every clothing mod that i add in the game a make a script so it automatically gets added.

@Thorazine: please do try if you are willing to convert.

Ok since no one has bitten this to a DMRA conversion, i might try to convert it. I have blendar nifskope experience and have them installed.

Can anyone teach me how to fit a DMRA body to a non-dmra clothing, or are there any tutorials out there. Thanks :)

[/quote']

I only started DMRA conversions back in December, so I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to Blender. I also almost burnt myself out working on my latest set, so I've been spending the last few days doing something different.

Everything I've done so far can be found by following the link in my sig. I've yet to organize everything into the first post, so it's all scattered throughout that thread.

Few hours later, and I now have something to share.

Ves Armor DMRA: http://www.mediafire.com/?v1t461x3cefbba7

And a crappy screenshot:

121967674-4.jpg

Mesh only, requires the original mod. Not too happy about the weighting on the jacket or the shirt. Bone weight copy only does so much, then you're forced to hand paint anything that is left over. Also suggest not to use any kind of animation that has an over-exaggerated bounce, something want's to clip through the front of the shirt and I'm currently not up to figuring out how to eliminate it. Shouldn't be too apparent with the more subtle animations.

Few hours later' date=' and I now have something to share.

[/quote']

Goodness, Thorazine. I feel as if you've undone yourself this time. Don't be so modest; what seemed like a whole day's work, you managed to knock out in just three hours. Perhaps I know nothing about modding, but regardless, I commend you, good sir. Thank you for all your tireless effort, and I might add that the new sized armor looks quite gorgeous.

Might I suggest you add this to The Box so that no one forgets that it was you who brought this to us in the first place?

Once again, kudos.

Few hours later' date=' and I now have something to share.

[/quote']

Goodness, Thorazine. I feel as if you've undone yourself this time. Don't be so modest; what seemed like a whole day's work, you managed to knock out in just three hours. Perhaps I know nothing about modding, but regardless, I commend you, good sir. Thank you for all your tireless effort, and I might add that the new sized armor looks quite gorgeous.

Might I suggest you add this to The Box so that no one forgets that it was you who brought this to us in the first place?

Once again, kudos.

Thanks for the kudos!

I definately plan to post it in my thread as a full release.

Thorazine' date=' as always im amazed. Ive been a lurker on your The Box thread and ive got to say im impresed.

If you got the time maybe you can teach me. Or are there any tutorial links around?

[/quote']

Not sure if I can really "teach" someone, not that great at explaining things. The best I can do is point you in a direction. And of course I can copy and paste the contents of a pm that I wrote to someone else asking for tips. Prepare for a giant wall of text. :P

Believe it or not, I only used three different tutorials when I first started. Everything else I learned on my own.

One:

Adult Animation Tutorial For Noobs by Coronerra

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28326

It comes packaged with Blender, Nifscope, Python, PyFF, and the nif scripts required for Blender. They aren't up to date, but I haven't had any real problems. I found that having the newest and latest version doesn't always work the best. Developers and programers have a tendancy to change things around, and the most tutorials aren't updated to reflect those changes.

The first part of the tutorial (located in the PDF) can guide you in properly installing everything. And unless you want to learn the basics of animation, you don't really need it anymore.

Two:

Better Bouncing Boobs Weighting Tutorial by coronerra

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28372

I suggest following along this tutorial, it's a good starting point in learning how to navigate the UI in Blender, along with learning how to properly import meshes, attach skeletons, and clean up .nifs using nifscope.

The first part of the tutorial, about how to reduce the seam between the upperbody mesh and the neck, I've found useful for other things besides reducing neck seams.

Three:

BBB Armor Weighting Tutorial by Saaya

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34355

Similar to the one by coronerra, but more of an addition, probably the more important one that you'll be returning to over and over again. It's important because it shows you how to copy the weight from one mesh to another, allowing an alternative to weighting armors, clothing, and body meshes by hand.

Grab a simple armor that hasn't been weighted, and a matching upper body that's already been weighted, to practice on.

I don't count it as a tutorial, but I had to look up how to edit and change the texture paths in nifscope. I've yet to really bother with trying to learn nifscope beyond that.

--

I know, most of them are focused on making boobs bounce, but what I learned from them helped me learn some of the basics of Blender. As far as resizing clothing and armor... The short answer is experiment. The long answer is infinitely more complex. Don't be surprised if you find yourself moving one vertex at a time. It might not be the best way to do it, but I've yet to really find something better.

I suggest at least looking at the tutorials before continuing.

The one thing I have to stress, is learn how to move the camera. Keep the camera moving, and always check the different angles. If you move a vertex to where it looks like it should go, rotate the camera. Chances are it's sticking out or hiding inside the body. When selecting multiple vertices by the shift+right click method, zoom out and rotate the camera around the mesh looking for any stray vertices you may have clicked by mistake. Also, grab one of the arrows (the red, blue, and green arrows) and just drag them out into space. If a vertex moves and it shouldn't, press ctrl+z to undo the move,then deselect the vertex. In addition to the undo command, the redo command is ctrl+shift+z. the undo history is kinda short, so be careful.

Scroll wheel to zoom in and out, middle mouse button to rotate, and shift+middle mouse button to drag the camera. If you need to center the camera on something, go into edit mode, right click on a vertex to select it, press shift+s and select Cursor -> Selection in the menu. Finally, press "C" on the keyboard. Pressing "C" will center the camera on the crosshair style cursor. In both Edit and Object mode, you can left click to place the cursor, but it isn't all that accurate.

One thing I wish I had known when I had started on the Sophitia armor, is how to hide things. the left breast is actually covered by four different meshes, with three separate meshes as part of a single object (one mesh placed over the other).

in Object mode, select an object, and click "Object" next to the mode select dropdown box, and navigate to show/hide objects (underneath Scripts), you can show hidden, hide selected, or hide what isn't selected. in edit mode, the word "Mesh" is in place of "Object", but you can do the same thing with parts of a mesh. It's better to do this, than moving a mesh out of the way, and then trying to place it back exactly the way you need it.

Try to save often. Saw someone say that they create multiple saves. Do what you think is best.

Learn what the shortcut keys are. in edit mode, press "S" to enlarge or shrink a selected mesh. Press "R" once to rotate your selection. if you need to rotate it on a certain axis, press "R" and then "X" for the x-axis, "Y" for the y-axis, and "Z" for the z-axis.

When working on a symmetrical armor, it can be difficult to keep it symmetric. I suggest shaping one side, select the other side and press "Del" and click on "Verteces" to delete that side you should be left with the side you just shaped. Select that side (right click on a single vertex and press ctrl plus the plus(+) sign on the keypad to expand the selection), duplicate it by pressing shift+d and drag it away. Click on Mesh, then Mirror, and the axis you need mirrored on. Next, click on mesh again, hover over Normals, and click Flip. That should place the texture on the proper side. The last thing you need to do is place the duplicated mesh on the opposite side. You might have to move it around, and even rotate it a bit. Back in the beginning of the coronerra tutorial, remember that seam reducer bit? You can do that same bit to attach one side to the other. Once the proper vertices are occupying the same space, select both meshes, click on mesh, hover over Vertices, and click Remove Duplicates. Very useful if you have to manipulate an object that has several unconnected meshes. I no longer believe this part to be useful.

---

I wrote all that back in December. I've learned one or two new tricks since then.

While in edit mod, within the "mesh" menu, is an option called "proportional editing". All I can say is that it makes editing meshes easier and smoother than when I first started. What it basically does, is when pulling a select number of vertices (one to many) will move unselected vertices within a certain Area Of Effect. That AOE is variable and can be changed while you are dragging your selection around (AOE is represented by a large circle that appears only when using proportional editing). Scroll Wheel Up reduces the AOE (best for editing sleeves or leggings of some sort), and Scroll Wheel Down expands. The farther the vert is from a selection (within the AOE), the less it will move.

Don't think I mentioned it, but I start all of my projects by first opening w.blend (the male neck), found in the tutorials I previously mentioned.

Anyway, that's kinda what I do. If you ask someone else, no doubt they'd tell you different. And sorry if anyone found that confusing.

Archived